Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units and Spell Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   The Book of Lantern Geists (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53127)

TREX July 8th, 2016 07:26 PM

The Book of Lantern Geists

The Book of Lantern Geists
Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers Shadows over Innistrad

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - TBA
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Tai-Pan July 25th, 2016 02:46 AM

Re: The Book of Lantern Geists

These guys look awesome thematically and I think they have quite a bit of potential mechanically!

4 defense and 4 life makes them hard to kill in one shot. If you load up OMs, whoops, I mean take turns with the blue Planeswalker, he can summon and unsummon them continuously to keep refreshing their health and pin down important figures. I'm not sure if using the Planeswalker as the offensive force is always the best idea, but it might have potential.

Tornado July 25th, 2016 11:30 AM

Do not underestimate their card manipulation power. They would be worth it at their current cost at half the Life and Defense because of that power alone.
Point for point, the best squad in the game IMO.

TREX July 25th, 2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2103442)
Do not underestimate their card manipulation power. They would be worth it at their current cost at half the Life and Defense because of that power alone.
Point for point, the best squad in the game IMO.

Although they are not overpowered, I killed them quite easily, even after my brother had done some card play with them.

Colorcrayons July 25th, 2016 01:42 PM

He played them wrong then.

This is about blue control.
They should be in an out of the game every turn your planeswalker is selected.
You can summon up to two squads per turn, this should always be one of them.
You don't have to put the card on the bottom. It may be crappy or good, but either way you control if they draw that revealed card or not.
A good player will take advantage of that.

Its a devious squad who should never be used for combat unless in extremis. I agree with tornado, point for point, best unit so far in the game.

The B.I.V. January 10th, 2017 12:14 PM

I suppose it goes without saying but since no one has mentioned it:

Activate Jace, Investigator. Summon Lantern Gheists, look at other player's top card with Eerie Observation. If it's a good sorcery card, leave it on top of that library and use Jace's Search for Answers to play it on your opponent. Boom!

wriggz January 10th, 2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tai-Pan (Post 2103407)
These guys look awesome thematically and I think they have quite a bit of potential mechanically!

4 defense and 4 life makes them hard to kill in one shot. If you load up OMs, whoops, I mean take turns with the blue Planeswalker, he can summon and unsummon them continuously to keep refreshing their health and pin down important figures. I'm not sure if using the Planeswalker as the offensive force is always the best idea, but it might have potential.

Does the un summon clear would markers?

obfuscatedhippo January 10th, 2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wriggz (Post 2130118)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tai-Pan (Post 2103407)

Does the un summon clear would markers?

Yes. It would also remove any Enchantments on the Geists.