Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Online Heroscape Games and Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   OHS Season 26 - CONGRATS KEVINDOLA! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53633)

dok December 17th, 2016 12:51 AM

OHS Season 26 - CONGRATS KEVINDOLA!

Season 26: Multi-Format

WINNERS REPORT GAMES HERE

Spoiler Alert!

• For this event, each player will bring two 545-point armies. The two armies cannot share any figures. 16 figure limit. VC is allowed, no Marvel. The armies may not use any of the same figures. Standard 24-hex startzone restrictions apply.
  • Army Selection (Rounds 1-3):
    • Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the tournament organizers. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice.
    • Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies.
    • The player who lost the dice-off then decides who places their (entire) army first.

Round 1

Spoiler Alert!

Round 2

Spoiler Alert!

Regular Season Rounds (in order)
  1. Claim The Treasures
    • Each player begins the game with a treasure glyph of Brandar. When placing your army, you must place the treasure on the card of one of your unique heroes, or power-side-up on a space in your startzone.
    • A third glyph of Brandar will be placed in the center of the map.
    • If you end a turn with a figure on or holding all remaining glyphs of Brandar, you win the game.
    • If your glyph of Brandar is destroyed, you lose the game.
    Maps in use for this format:

2. Chaos of Battle
    • If you choose to play an army that has more than 16 figures, you decide which figures will not be placed when choosing that army.
    • After both armies are chosen, the players will take turns placing a card's worth of their opponent's figures on the map.
    • You may not place your opponent's figures on glyphs, adjacent to your own figures, or on molten lava.
    • When placing squads, each squad figure placed that turn must be within three clear sight spaces of all other squad figures placed that turn. (If common squad figures are left out of an army, full squads are placed until only a partial squad remains.)
    • Initiative is rolled as usual in the first round.
    Spoiler Alert!

3. (Improved) Escape
    • For this scenario you cannot leave a figure from your army unplaced if it would fit in your startzone.
    • After revealing an order marker and before taking a turn, if you have a figure unengaged in your opponent's startzone, you may remove that figure from the game. That figure "escapes" the game.
    • You score points based on full card scoring of escaped heroes, and partial card scoring for escaped squads.
    • If a figure you control destroys another figure you control after targeting it for a normal or special attack or choosing it for a special power that inflicts wounds, the destroyed figure counts as an "escaped" figure for your opponent.
    • The game ends when one player has no figures left on the battlefield. The player with the most escaped points wins. If there is a tie for escaped points then the player who still has figures on the battlefield wins.
    Spoiler Alert!

4. Pooled Draft
    • This round does not begin with an army draft. Instead, all four armies are combined into a single draft pool. If there are duplicate uniques, one copy of the unique card will be eliminated from the pool.
    • The winner of the dice-off chooses whether to pick and place first or second.
    • The person who picks first chooses one card's worth of figures and places it. Players then alternate picking and placing two cards per turn from the drafting pool.
    • For each pick, you choose a single card's worth of figures and place it in your startzone (unless you draft Airborne/Rechets).
    • Players continue drafting until they pass or until they have no options within the 545 point, 16 figure limits. Once a player passes or has no placeable options, their draft ends, and the other player may continue drafting until they have no options remaining.
    Spoiler Alert!

Each playoff round will use a randomly selected format, and will use the map for that format that was not used in the regular season.

TG Pool:
Spoiler Alert!

Event Rules:
Spoiler Alert!

Entrants
  • Chris Perkins
  • dok
  • Dr.Goomonkey
  • Dysole
  • I.S.B.3
  • Ixe
  • jcustar09
  • kevindola
  • Kinseth
  • mtl1998
  • n00b
  • simval
  • Sir Heroscape
  • superfrog
  • TheEpicAlpaca
  • vegies dad
  • vegietarian18

dok December 17th, 2016 12:53 AM

Re: OHS Season 26 - Sign-ups through January 1st

There may be C3V and/or SoV units getting released before the end of the year. Anything that's been released as of the day the event starts will be eligible to use in this event. If you submit and then want to change your army after the new units are released, you are free to re-submit your armies.

mtl1998 December 17th, 2016 03:13 AM

Excited for this! :)

vegietarian18 December 17th, 2016 10:53 PM

Back this season by popular demand, it's the much-beloved formats Escape and Chaos of the Battle! Best Christmas ever

kevindola December 28th, 2016 01:00 PM

How are signups for this coming along? I plan on signing up, but if the start is going to be delayed I'll get my armies in next week

dok December 29th, 2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevindola (Post 2127926)
How are signups for this coming along? I plan on signing up, but if the start is going to be delayed I'll get my armies in next week

It's likely we'll extend the sign-ups a bit; I was hoping to see at least a couple of the new VC units get released before we started.

dok January 2nd, 2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Post 2128012)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevindola (Post 2127926)

It's likely we'll extend the sign-ups a bit; I was hoping to see at least a couple of the new VC units get released before we started.

Just confirming this. We're extending sign-ups a week in the hope of getting some of the new VC units, and to allow all the people who have been out of town to get a chance to sign up.

caps January 6th, 2017 03:56 PM

The event looks fun! I'd love to participate but I'm having enough trouble scheduling games for the playtesting event. Hopefully I'll have some time in my schedule for another season later this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegietarian18 (Post 2126452)
Back this season by popular demand, it's the much-beloved formats Escape and Chaos of the Battle! Best Christmas ever

At this point I can never tell which of Vegie's posts about OHS are serious and which are trolling.

superfrog January 8th, 2017 08:44 PM

Re: OHS Season 26 - Sign-ups extended through January 8th

The new SoV units aren't in the list. They're eligible, right?

dok January 9th, 2017 12:28 AM

Re: OHS Season 26 - Sign-ups extended through January 8th

OK, extending one more week. SoV's new units (Ashi-Dhulu and Urk) are eligible and available in the sign up. C3V's new units should be available this Wednesday.

dok January 11th, 2017 11:22 AM

Re: OHS Season 26 - Sign-ups extended through January 15th

All the new units have been released. Get those entries in folks!

Simval January 11th, 2017 04:13 PM

Re: OHS Season 26 - Sign-ups extended through January 15th

I have no idea what is a good army for those formats, but playing lately gave me the urge to try a tournament again. Yolo, as they say.