Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Lady Blackhawk (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=49305)

Scapemage September 7th, 2013 05:42 PM

The Book of Lady Blackhawk

The Book of Lady Blackhawk

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 31
BIRDS OF PREY

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...hawk_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...khawk_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Streets of Gotham set.
Its model number and name are #002 / Lady Blackhawk.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Streets of Gotham: Birds of Prey Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #002 / Lady Blackhawk.

Character Bio - Zinda Blake, determined to become the first woman member of the famed World War II unit known as the Blackhawks, trained herself to pilot a wide range of modern aircraft and made herself an expert in various forms of combat and weaponry.

Her first attempt to join the group came when she helped rescue a member from a modern-day pirate called the Scavenger. Despite her able assistance, Zinda was told that the Blackhawk codes forbade a woman from joining the team.

Zinda followed this exploit by rescuing the entire Blackhawk team from the Scavenger, and in return was told, by Blackhawk himself, that she could become an honorary member of the team.

Due to the time-warping effects of Zero Hour, Zinda is now in the present DC continuity, looking as she did in 1959. (wikipedia)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Lady Blackhawk may move Vehicles she occupies one additional space and add 2 to their 20-sided die rolls.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
21 July 2021 - Updated Adept Operator wording
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Pilot

Scapemage September 7th, 2013 05:49 PM

Re: The Book of Lady Blackhawk - Design Phase

NAME = LADY BLACKHAWK
SECRET IDENTITY = ZINDA BLAKE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PILOT
PERSONALITY = DAUNTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 110

ADEPT OPERATOR
If Lady Blackhawk is a vehicle's driver, add 1 to that vehicle's Move number and when rolling the 20-sided die for that vehicle, you may add 2 to your roll.

CLOSE COMBAT EXPERT
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

SirGalahad September 7th, 2013 07:06 PM

SA says "Spawn"

quozl September 7th, 2013 07:52 PM

Unless she has Super Strength, there's no way she can operate a Heavy Machine Gun.

A3n September 7th, 2013 08:20 PM

I got nothing to add here. Don't really know the character.

IAmBatman September 7th, 2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1864624)
Unless she has Super Strength, there's no way she can operate a Heavy Machine Gun.

:word: She should have Bucky's version.

Also, she has no direct connection to birds that I know of, and no power over them, so I'm not understanding Six Billion Pairs of Eyes at all. I don't think that fits her.

Here's what wikipedia says about her powers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wikipedia
Powers and abilities

Zinda is an ace flyer, able to easily handle any type of aircraft. She is a fine markswoman, skilled in the use of a variety of weapons, and has superior abilities in hand-to-hand combat.

She's basically a WWII era fighter pilot lost in time who fights and flies planes pretty well and carries a gun. :shrug:

IAmBatman September 7th, 2013 09:25 PM

Actually, should she have a machine gun at all? She seems to carry a pistol more often? Maybe something to represent her being a marksman? (Don't go overpowered, though, she's not the toughest character around).

A3n September 7th, 2013 11:46 PM

Judging from that wiki exert, she doesn't appear to be better than any of the robins :shrug:.

Lord Pyre September 8th, 2013 01:29 AM

Yeah, I'm not really feeling this design so far. :(

No bird powers that I know of, so that power shouldn't really be here. Definitely not heavy machine gun. From my limited knowledge of her she never used a machine gun, just handguns, but I admittedly don't know her that well.

And 4/4 with Close Combat Expert makes her a better fighter than Batman, which I'm kind of doubting she is. If we want to keep CCE, at least go down to 3/3, in my opinion.

An ability that gives her a bonus when driving vehicles might be kind of cool, especially if we ever get to aircraft. :)

IAmBatman September 8th, 2013 06:57 PM

Yeah, if we give her a special attack representing her gun, I wouldn't mind seeing her base stats go down to 2/2 with CCE.

Margloth September 9th, 2013 01:51 PM

I think Dauntless would be a good personality (it's been used on a lot of the WWII era figures).

I'm not big on CCE... It gets overused and really... Pretty much any superhero could probably technically qualify.

I'm actually kind of sad to not see any tie in to Vehicle Destructible Objects... That seems to be her primary thing. I know we've discussed problems with that since VDO rules are technically optional at this point... But is there a workaround?

Finally, once [redacted] gets finalized, his SA might be a good fit here?

quozl September 9th, 2013 02:01 PM

I like CCE on her as her skills define her. I'd also like to see Double Attack (or a a double attacking special for her guns) and a vehicle ability that lets a vehicle with her in it move an additional space.