Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Granite-M September 18th, 2010 12:11 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Regarding the Question mini you have there, just want to warn you that that's the female Question mini. I got screwed on that one when I ordered a bunch, thinking they were the male. Here's the one you want:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...1/HDOR_034.jpg

It's pretty easy to pry the pillar off of that base.

Lamaclown September 20th, 2010 09:08 AM

Thanks for the heads-up.

So, is this project still going on?

mac122 September 20th, 2010 11:50 AM

From what I can glean from the Wiki and the comments here, Sullivan's power level is tied to how many "friendlies" are nearby. I'd like to see each of his abilities be weak unless he has his support group.

I like the 2nd version of Manipulation better, but I think it should allow you to take a turn with an opposing figure. Manipulation is all about getting someone to do something they wouldn't normally do. Taking a turn with a friendly unit doesn't sound manipulative. I could see a d20 roll with +1 or +2 for each friendly hero within 3 spaces.

I really like that sinkhole idea in Terrakinesis...:whistle:
However, 4 to 7 sinkholes in a row from one attack is overkill, IMO. I would suggest the "fireline" version be more like Sullivan sending out a shockwave that affects every one in that line (I think Machineking suggested something like this) without the lasting terrain effect. The other option would be to target 1 opponent with a sinkhole and then allow the attack to affect 1 additional adjacent opposing figure for each "friendly" adjacent to Sullivan. It could still end up being a powerful area attack but only if you're able to maneuver your forces to keep the heroes together.

Lamaclown September 30th, 2010 07:19 PM

Just in case anyone is still interested...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1209500)
I like the 2nd version of Manipulation better, but I think it should allow you to take a turn with an opposing figure. Manipulation is all about getting someone to do something they wouldn't normally do. Taking a turn with a friendly unit doesn't sound manipulative. I could see a d20 roll with +1 or +2 for each friendly hero within 3 spaces.

However, 4 to 7 sinkholes in a row from one attack is overkill, IMO. I would suggest the "fireline" version be more like Sullivan sending out a shockwave that affects every one in that line (I think Machineking suggested something like this) without the lasting terrain effect. The other option would be to target 1 opponent with a sinkhole and then allow the attack to affect 1 additional adjacent opposing figure for each "friendly" adjacent to Sullivan. It could still end up being a powerful area attack but only if you're able to maneuver your forces to keep the heroes together.

Good ideas, mac.

Samuel's manipulation in the series was actually directed more towards his friends than anyone else. He was very good at getting them to do things for him they didn't really want to do. I agree, we typically wouldn't think of needong to manipulate friends but that is pretty much how Samuel did it.

I like your ideas for Terrakinesis. So...

Samuel Sullivan
HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
LEADER
RUTHLESS
VYDAR

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 2
DEFENSE 2

TERRAKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 2.
Choose an opponent’s figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Samuel Sullivan. For each friendly figure adjacent to Samuel, 1 additional figure adjacent to the chosen figure is affected by Terrakinesis Special Attack. Add 1 attack die to Terrakinesis Special Attack for each friendly figure adjacent to Samuel to a maximum of 4 attack dice. Roll Attack dice once for all affected figures. Figures roll defense separately. If a figure is not destroyed by Terrakinesis Special Attack, it must roll for falling damage.

MANIPULATION
Instead of taking a turn with Samuel Sullivan you may either take a turn with any unique hero you control within sight of Samuel or move any 1 figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Samuel up to 3 spaces. A figure moved with manipulation cannot be moved onto a lava space.

Any more thoughts? Anyone still reading this...;)

machinekng September 30th, 2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1219306)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1209500)

Good ideas, mac.

Samuel's manipulation in the series was actually directed more towards his friends than anyone else. He was very good at getting them to do things for him they didn't really want to do. I agree, we typically wouldn't think of needong to manipulate friends but that is pretty much how Samuel did it.

Samuel Sullivan
HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
LEADER
RUTHLESS
VYDAR

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 2
DEFENSE 2

Range 6. Attack 2.
Choose an opponent’s figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Samuel Sullivan. For each friendly figure adjacent to Samuel, 1 additional figure adjacent to the chosen figure is affected by Terrakinesis Special Attack. Add 1 attack die to Terrakinesis Special Attack for each friendly figure adjacent to Samuel to a maximum of 4 attack dice. Roll Attack dice once for all affected figures. Figures roll defense separately. If a figure is not destroyed by Terrakinesis Special Attack, it must roll for falling damage.

MANIPULATION
Instead of taking a turn with Samuel Sullivan you may either take a turn with any unique hero you control within sight of Samuel or move any 1 figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Samuel up to 3 spaces. A figure moved with manipulation cannot be moved onto a lava space.

I would change Terrakinesis so it had a maxium of five attack die, but is only fueled by Unique Heroes. Otherwise, its too easy to surround him with Rats.

mac122 October 4th, 2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1219385)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1219306)

Samuel Sullivan
HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
LEADER
RUTHLESS
VYDAR

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 2
DEFENSE 2

Range 6. Attack 2.

MANIPULATION

I would change Terrakinesis so it had a maxium of five attack die, but is only fueled by Unique Heroes. Otherwise, its too easy to surround him with Rats.

Yes, heroes only (also very thematic). Also, shouldn't flying figures be immune from the falling damage?

Side note: Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Real life has been hectic - busy, long work-hours, 3 kids and the wife in school, etc, etc, etc...

Lamaclown October 4th, 2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1221922)
Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1219385)

Yes, heroes only (also very thematic). Also, shouldn't flying figures be immune from the falling damage?

Side note: Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Real life has been hectic - busy, long work-hours, 3 kids and the wife in school, etc, etc, etc...

The bolded part alone is enough to keep a mortal man busy for life. You deserve to have a HS hero made after you ;)

Limiting it to heroes is a good idea. I didn't think of flying figs, but yes, they shouldn't have to roll for falling damage. I'll post the new and improved Samuel later tonight.

Lamaclown October 5th, 2010 07:27 AM

OK, it was later than last night but here it is...

Samuel Sullivan
HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
LEADER
RUTHLESS
VYDAR

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 2
DEFENSE 2

Range 6. Attack 2.
Choose an opponent’s figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Samuel Sullivan. For each friendly unique hero adjacent to Samuel, 1 additional figure adjacent to the chosen figure is affected by Terrakinesis Special Attack. Add 1 attack die to Terrakinesis Special Attack for each friendly unique hero adjacent to Samuel to a maximum of 4 attack dice. Roll Attack dice once for all affected figures. Figures roll defense separately. If a figure is not destroyed by Terrakinesis Special Attack, it must roll for falling damage.
Flying figures do not have to roll for falling damage.

MANIPULATION

CapnRedChops October 5th, 2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1221937)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1221922)

The bolded part alone is enough to keep a mortal man busy for life. You deserve to have a HS hero made after you ;)

Sorry, long time lurker, been watching the magic unfold.

I would love to see the custom of mac122 (not in this thread though!).

:lol:

CRC

Hrockle October 13th, 2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1222437)

Samuel Sullivan
HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
LEADER
RUTHLESS
VYDAR

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 2
DEFENSE 2

Range 6. Attack 2.
Choose an opponent’s figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Samuel Sullivan. For each friendly unique hero adjacent to Samuel, 1 additional figure adjacent to the chosen figure is affected by Terrakinesis Special Attack. Add 1 attack die to Terrakinesis Special Attack for each friendly unique hero adjacent to Samuel to a maximum of 4 attack dice. Roll Attack dice once for all affected figures. Figures roll defense separately. If a figure is not destroyed by Terrakinesis Special Attack, it must roll for falling damage.
Flying figures do not have to roll for falling damage.

MANIPULATION

Looks good to me.

Balantai October 14th, 2010 11:56 AM

Okay. All this time off should've weeded out those people that were only semi-interested in this thread. Let's hope there are still people left that are intersted. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1222437)

Samuel Sullivan
HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
LEADER
RUTHLESS
VYDAR

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 2
DEFENSE 2

Range 6. Attack 2 + Special.
Choose an opponent’s figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Samuel Sullivan. For each friendly unique hero adjacent to Samuel, you may choose 1 additional figure adjacent to the chosen figure to be affected by Terrakinesis Special Attack. You may roll 1 additional attack die for each friendly unique hero adjacent to Samuel Sullivan to a maximum of 4 attack dice. Roll Attack dice once for all affected figures. Figures roll defense dice separately. If a figure without the Flying special power is not destroyed by Terrakinesis Special Attack, it must roll for falling damage.

MANIPULATION
Instead of taking a turn with Samuel Sullivan you may either take a turn with any unique hero you control within clear sight of Samuel Sullivan or move any 1 figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Samuel Sullivan up to 3 spaces. A figure moved with manipulation cannot be moved onto a lava space.

Changes suggested above.

I'm not really sold on either of these two powers. They both seem overly complicated. Personally, I think I'd like to see Manipulation just have the turn with a Unique Hero you control. Also, I'd like to see Terrakinesis simplified a bit. I'm not sure if the additional falling damage is really necessary.

Lamaclown October 14th, 2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1228989)
Okay. All this time off should've weeded out those people that were only semi-interested in this thread. Let's hope there are still people left that are intersted. :D

You can count me as still in :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1228989)
I'm not really sold on either of these two powers. They both seem overly complicated. Personally, I think I'd like to see Manipulation just have the turn with a Unique Hero you control. Also, I'd like to see Terrakinesis simplified a bit. I'm not sure if the additional falling damage is really necessary.

Manipulation was originally Master Manipulator a la Red Skull which does affect only unique heroes you control. I am ok with going back to that.

As far as Terrakinesis, I am good with removing the extra falling damage in order to simplify things. Do you think that maybe upping the maximum number of possible attack dice to 5 would be ok then?