Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Meet Other Scapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Washington/Oregon (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=682)

yagyuninja February 15th, 2007 04:14 PM

D'oh. Guess I should pay attention to that thread.

Looks like you guys are having a get-together monthly now, eh? That makes it easier to plan.

bunjee February 15th, 2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yagyuninja
D'oh. Guess I should pay attention to that thread.

Looks like you guys are having a get-together monthly now, eh? That makes it easier to plan.

Yes, 3rd Saturday of every month is a standing reservation now. It is marked as being open to the public to encourage people to join us, but we may reconsider that after the last time where we had almost as many new shows as regular shows. This time we are going to have a sign in sheet and sign up sheets for maps/terrain unless people bring their own.

Psistalker February 24th, 2007 12:06 AM

Are there any 'scapers out on the Penninsula side of the water (say Kitsap County- Port Orchard, Bremerton area)? This is in Western Washington near Seattle (for those that don't recognize those places)..... I may be interested in getting together monthly games out here if there is enough interest.

JanderSunstar February 24th, 2007 10:57 AM

I know people who go to silverday monthly to play D&D, I dont think they have schooled them in the art of HS though... Someone on the board is from Bremerton.

manger March 18th, 2007 10:29 PM

Is anyone interested in getting a game going next week in the Eugene area?

Sexecution March 23rd, 2007 08:46 PM

IF i lived in Oregon, then i would be interested.

yagyuninja April 20th, 2007 06:55 PM

OK, any interested PNWers need to check out my Tourney thread and chime in. The link is in my sig. :)

hjo3 June 9th, 2007 11:07 AM

I live in Pullman, WA -- I'm up for a game if anyone's nearby. Oh, and I'm frequently in the Tri-Cities (1 or 2 weekends per month) if anyone's near there.

I can host, but my table isn't very big.

Best way to contact me is via email: hjo3(dot)net(at)gmail(dot)com.

Cheers

Aldin June 11th, 2007 04:40 PM

Welcome to the boards, hjo3!

On behalf of our blimp travelling and blogging community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, upsidaisiumingly

hjo3 June 16th, 2007 06:54 PM

Haha, thanks, Aldin!

Sargent_Drake_8 June 30th, 2007 11:54 PM

I'm in issaquah, just east of lake sammamish...who do we have 'round here?

kenjib July 3rd, 2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
I'm in issaquah, just east of lake sammamish...who do we have 'round here?

You can take the 405 right up to 3rd Place Books in Lynnwood. We meet up for a Heroscape game day there on the 3rd Saturday of each month:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=3762

It's a little bit of a drive but I come down all the way from Camano Island myself since it's only once a month...

-Kenji

eggsaladsandwich July 5th, 2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanderSunstar
when is oregon having their heroscape game day kicked off? There has got to be some heroscapers in portland, right?

I run a game at least 1 tuesday evening every month in West Linn (just south of portland).Details can be found at the "stumptown bonerollers guild meetup group" at meetup.com.Check out some of the photos of our recent Heroscape Tuesdays. Later, D.K.Maclaren

Bahde July 13th, 2007 04:15 AM

We (from 2-4 people) play at least once a week, sometimes several times a week. We are looking for more people to play with regularly. We try to play one day on a BIG map with BIG armies as well, but much of our time lately is on smaller maps with 500-600 point armies instead. We play at my place outside of Vancouver (Washougal) because we have more space and I have all the pieces.

If there is anyone interested in playing some weekend.....simply drop me a line.

Bahde July 29th, 2007 03:31 AM

I spoke with the folks at Z Games (164th Ave Vancouver WA) and they are willing to set up some games there periodically - and are willing to consider hosting a tournament there (if we supply the boards) but are a bit reluctant simply because of the "mass market" nature of the game.

They will also have more Wave 7 this coming week - Tues/Weds. Its more than Wally or Target will be......but stoking their interest in selling the product would be nice if it helps secure a consumer friendly retailer in town that would host tournaments. :)

bunjee July 31st, 2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahde
I spoke with the folks at Z Games (164th Ave Vancouver WA) and they are willing to set up some games there periodically - and are willing to consider hosting a tournament there (if we supply the boards) but are a bit reluctant simply because of the "mass market" nature of the game.

They will also have more Wave 7 this coming week - Tues/Weds. Its more than Wally or Target will be......but stoking their interest in selling the product would be nice if it helps secure a consumer friendly retailer in town that would host tournaments. :)

I hope the game goes well. I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it down there when you do, but I'll keep my eyes open for your tourney thread.

Mavrides13 January 2nd, 2008 01:57 PM

New player in Renton

Hey there

Im a new player in Renton, who would love to get in some games.
Im an old guy in his 40s with weird days off Wednesday is my best day but I might swing a saturday now and then.

I have only a castle set and Rise of the Valkyries set, but am looking forward to expanding.

tsar9@comcast.net

JanderSunstar January 3rd, 2008 01:06 AM

Welcome to the boards!
Our next scheduled game day is on the 19th, at 3rd place books in Lake Forest Park (just north of Seattle if you have never been there)
We meet the 3rd saturdays of every month.

Mavrides13 January 3rd, 2008 10:43 AM

Thanks for the welcome :)

Hi there, thanks for the invite, I may make it this time or the next time you hold a meeting.

Im familiar with the location, but what time do you meet ?

Matt

JanderSunstar January 3rd, 2008 11:35 AM

Its 2pm-10pm for sure (and you dont have to be there the whole time)
I am not sure, Bunjee will have to confirm, but I believe we will be starting at 1pm for the remainder of the year.

JanderSunstar January 16th, 2008 02:09 PM

It has been confirmed that we start at 1pm.
Hope everyone in the Washington area can make it.

Mavrides13 January 16th, 2008 07:35 PM

I will try to make it...most likely 7pm for a quick look around and maybe a game.

Matt

JanderSunstar January 24th, 2008 11:34 AM

Sorry we didnt see you on Saturday at the game day Mavrides13.
We did end up leaving a little bit early (an hour or so) so hopefully you didnt come then.

Mavrides13 January 24th, 2008 12:27 PM

Missed ya

No I didnt come late. I am a nurse and we had a new admit right before I was scheduled to leave, so I got stuck at work until 9 anyway. :P

Maybe next time !

Spore_Guy February 9th, 2008 07:06 PM

There seems to be several people down in the Seattle area, but is anyone a little closer to Bellingham?

bunjee February 11th, 2008 12:47 AM

You may have a better chance checking for Vancouver BC players, but it sure seems like you should be able to find some Bellingham people with the university crowd.

Spore_Guy February 11th, 2008 12:58 AM

Yeah I haven't gone out looking in the "real" world yet. I just thought I'd try online first cause my brother said he had a hard time finding people. Maybe I'll be more lucky.

JanderSunstar February 12th, 2008 02:40 PM

There is a couple of BC players
We have looked for the next time we make it up to the great north

Bahde May 1st, 2008 08:07 PM

Re: Washington/Oregon

Ive message a fair number of folks on this forum already, were setting up a tournament on May 31st just outside Vancouver WA and would like to get as many people signed up as early as possible so we can start making plans more definite. Thank you all.

Eberak May 30th, 2008 11:00 AM

Whats up Washintonians! I am new here, and I see there is a tournament tomorrow. I will not be able to attend but I would like to know about any future tournys. Also if you want you can PM me and maybe we can get together sometime and play a bit. I live in Tacoma and have another buddy that I have just started playing with. If you are not opposed to whoop on some newbies and give some advise at the same time we could get together. Just let me know.

oni May 30th, 2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eberak (Post 569088)
Whats up Washintonians! I am new here, and I see there is a tournament tomorrow. I will not be able to attend but I would like to know about any future tournys. Also if you want you can PM me and maybe we can get together sometime and play a bit. I live in Tacoma and have another buddy that I have just started playing with. If you are not opposed to whoop on some newbies and give some advise at the same time we could get together. Just let me know.

Welcome to the plastic crack addiction support group!

You'll find our local events here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=3762&page=35

We meet up at 3rd Place Books every 3rd Saturday.

Eberak May 30th, 2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oni (Post 569698)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eberak (Post 569088)

Welcome to the plastic crack addiction support group!

You'll find our local events here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=3762&page=35

We meet up at 3rd Place Books every 3rd Saturday.

Plastic crack addiction huh? That is funny.

Ok so that is north of Seattle anything in the south end? Tacoma maybe. I can travel for tournaments that is fine, but for casual gaming I need something a little closer to home.

Aquaryan May 31st, 2008 01:11 AM

I have easy access to Birch Bay and Bellingham area.

Bahde May 31st, 2008 02:04 AM

Dang you north country people.......we need more Vancouver WA people. :)

Eberak June 5th, 2008 09:08 PM

I am going to be in Seattle Saturday night with lots of time on my hands after about 6 PM. I have Drill this weekend and would really like to get together with someone and play. I have to stay in Seattle, because of the Army, so my travel is limited to that, but if you could come to me I have a place we could play. I will be headed up there Friday night so I need to know if there is anyone who can meet me and if I need to bring my stuff. Just let me know.

bunjee June 10th, 2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eberak (Post 576166)
I am going to be in Seattle Saturday night with lots of time on my hands after about 6 PM. I have Drill this weekend and would really like to get together with someone and play. I have to stay in Seattle, because of the Army, so my travel is limited to that, but if you could come to me I have a place we could play. I will be headed up there Friday night so I need to know if there is anyone who can meet me and if I need to bring my stuff. Just let me know.

Sorry I didn't see this message until today, we might have been able to pull something off when you were here.

If you are hoping to get more gatherings in the south seattle/north tacoma area, you may have to begin the organizing. We went towards the north of Seattle because the majority of our gamers were north. What do you consider your limit for regular gaming travel? Would South Center mall area be too far?

Eberak June 10th, 2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunjee (Post 580961)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eberak (Post 576166)

Sorry I didn't see this message until today, we might have been able to pull something off when you were here.

If you are hoping to get more gatherings in the south seattle/north tacoma area, you may have to begin the organizing. We went towards the north of Seattle because the majority of our gamers were north. What do you consider your limit for regular gaming travel? Would South Center mall area be too far?

I could make south center every now and then, really my would be Fife for casual play, however I am in Seattle fairly regularly for Drill Weekends and I stay up there because of Gas prices, so if I let people know a couple of weeks in advance maybe we could get something like that going on Saturday nights.

oni June 10th, 2008 07:43 PM

Check these guys out.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=12711

maddoxmom July 19th, 2008 07:44 PM

I'm looking for players in and around Yelm, WA. Lacey & Olympia are 25 minutes one way and Spanaway 40 minutes the other. Anyone remotely near?
maddoxmom

allskulls August 15th, 2008 01:13 PM

What's going on in Washington?

I will be moving to Bellevue soon!

lafleurhero October 20th, 2008 12:18 PM

If Anyone is interested. I'm in the Mount Vernon Area for the next week. I'll be leaving probably on Sunday, however Saturday is probably going to be spent with relitives, so I have from today till friday to get together for some games. I did of course play all day on NHSD, but that isn't enough and I'd love to play some more less competitive games, probably theme based and a bit larger battles. If someone is up for something the next few days and lives within 50 miles of Mnt Vernon, leave me a note and I'll play, almost any time is good.

bunjee October 20th, 2008 01:50 PM

Hmm, you might get a response if you post into the Seattle area game day thread. A decent number of people that watch that thread live north of Seattle.

Hope you enjoy you're week in Mt. Vernon.

m0t0wn October 24th, 2008 09:40 PM

down here in Southern Oregon lookin for Scapers too...

Scrilon November 1st, 2008 01:48 AM

federal way/tacoma area, send me pm if nearby...

JanderSunstar December 17th, 2008 12:04 PM

There are enough Bellevue/Redmond scapers out there. They keep playing at Uncle's Games. I swear someone needs to go out there and convince them to hold a game day or something. I am sure we can get bigger numbers than what we have.

I have been thinking about applying for gaming at PAX and at Dragon Flight (both in August) to play Heroscape, but I would only do it if there were enough players interested in playing, otherwise we are just wasting our time since casual players are harder and harder to find.

JanderSunstar December 17th, 2008 12:05 PM

If I sound bitter, I am.

Bahde December 18th, 2008 12:07 AM

The Vancouver/PDX crew is always looking for more people - after the holidays we are going to be setting up a biweekly game that rotates sites or has a regular hosting site.

ChudMacGud January 1st, 2009 03:27 AM

I'm from a tiny town in Washington with a population of about 225. Yay...