Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Meet Other Scapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Washington/Oregon (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=682)

greyalien007 August 31st, 2006 07:19 PM

I know the cardhaus people, they have standard hours and I see no reason why we couldn't just go in and play some hs. They have tables and a large sized area.

Zincdust August 31st, 2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brotharon
^^^^^ Your avatar makes me feel yucky....:(

Well sheesh, do you like this one better, then?! :P

JanderSunstar August 31st, 2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Also, as a side note, I've got an extra hawthorne and would like another nerak, anyone want to trade gencon promos for gencon promos?
ooh oohh! *jumps out of chair waving arms*
Do you still have Sir Hawthorne? I have a Nerak that we are willing to part with for trades. PM if you still have!!!!!!

Ellian said we will probably be by sometime this weekend to pick up those figs from you.

JanderSunstar August 31st, 2006 11:25 PM

Quote:

I think Fire and Sword and Gary's Games and Hobbies are both possiblities
I know Gary's used to have a small heroscape night, and the guy who owns Fire and Sword is really cool, he may let us, but they have funny hours. Gary's is open til 8 most nights
http://www.garysgamesandhobbies.com/
Fire and sword has open gaming provided tables are avaliable, and if we plan ahead, he will probably let us make reservations, i will ask him next time i am in.
www.entertheden.net

as for anywhere else, weekends are usually best for all of us, i think.

bunjee September 1st, 2006 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greyalien007
I know the cardhaus people, they have standard hours and I see no reason why we couldn't just go in and play some hs. They have tables and a large sized area.

Elstree and I used to go up to Cardhaus to get d&d mini singles pretty often. Their back space is great and when we asked about it they said it was open except during tourney days, but even then you could check if there was space.

Check the calendar...
http://www.cardhaus.com/store/month.php

Here is their other info:
Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 12 pm - 5 pm
Wednesday: 12 pm - 10 pm
Saturday: 11 am - 10 pm
Sunday: Closed
2027 196th Street SW, Suite A105
Lynnwood, Wa 98036

Phone: 425.712.1206

JanderSunstar September 1st, 2006 04:27 PM

we could schedule sat sept 23 as our game night, it looks open on the calendar

bunjee September 1st, 2006 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanderSunstar

I won't be able to make it, I'm going to a friends birthday party and there are people from out of town coming in. Sorry!

Zincdust September 1st, 2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunjee
Quote:

I won't be able to make it, I'm going to a friends birthday party and there are people from out of town coming in. Sorry!

Hey, September 23rd is my birthday, too. :)

JanderSunstar September 1st, 2006 08:22 PM

I give up planning an event night, someone else do it.

JanderSunstar September 1st, 2006 09:38 PM

Hasbro had castles up online to ship today if you ordered. just so everyone knows.

bunjee September 1st, 2006 10:10 PM

Looks like Walmart and Target didn't get *all* the Castle sets.

Poor Sandra.

bunjee September 1st, 2006 10:13 PM

Quote:

I give up planning an event night, someone else do it.

I felt so bad, I called cardhaus for more details on their event center. I started a new topic:
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=2385

Added note, good thing we didn't try to hard for the 23rd. The event center will be closing at 5pm that day.

greyalien007 September 2nd, 2006 12:40 AM

I didn't have much trouble picking up the castle sets. It's a little irritating that WalMart only seems to carry three at a time, but I picked up 3 at the newer walmart in lynnwood on 99 and 3 at the large walmart in marysville. my friend in tacoma picked up 3 at his local walmart as well...i was just thinking no one in this area played ; )

bunjee September 2nd, 2006 01:16 AM

Quote:

I didn't have much trouble picking up the castle sets. It's a little irritating that WalMart only seems to carry three at a time, but I picked up 3 at the newer walmart in lynnwood on 99 and 3 at the large walmart in marysville. my friend in tacoma picked up 3 at his local walmart as well...i was just thinking no one in this area played ; )

Aha! So you are the *$*)_$#^& that keeps buying up all the stuff at the Lynnwood Walmart. :D
They actually got in 6, but I think they only put out three at a time. Their stock warehouse is across the freeway or something like that. Fortunately for me, the nice toy department person (name withheld to protect my source) held the last Castle they had when I called. So now we just need to find the person that bought the other two and we'll have our locals figured out.

greyalien007 September 2nd, 2006 01:23 AM

hehehehee, hey sorry about that. If there was another scaper in the isle with me we could have come to some sort of deal, ther wasn't tho ; )

bunjee September 2nd, 2006 01:37 AM

Quote:

hehehehee, hey sorry about that. If there was another scaper in the isle with me we could have come to some sort of deal, ther wasn't tho ; )

Nah, I'm just happy to see another local on the boards. Way back in the day (early 05) there were almost zero Western Washington posters. Now we have a decent about of regulars, even if I've had to drag a few kicking and screaming into the posting area.

CornPuff September 2nd, 2006 01:40 AM

haha, I need to get into the playing area.
All post and no play makes CornPuff a dull boy

greyalien007 September 2nd, 2006 11:51 AM

I'm just the first of my group that actually researched heroscape on the web, that's all. There's a few of us.

JanderSunstar September 2nd, 2006 11:54 AM

I was so hesitant to register, and now look, i am on here every day, oh how much i hate the internet!

kenjib September 2nd, 2006 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunjee
Aha! So you are the *$*)_$#^& that keeps buying up all the stuff at the Lynnwood Walmart. :D

And the Marysville one too! lol

JanderSunstar September 2nd, 2006 03:27 PM

I dont know if i told anyone besides Bunjee, but we found wave 5 at TRU in southcenter. Maybe castles will come forth as well.

greyalien007 September 2nd, 2006 03:29 PM

wave 5 has been in every target i've been in except the one in woodinville which doesn't even seem to have heroscape at all.

bunjee September 2nd, 2006 08:15 PM

Quote:

wave 5 has been in every target i've been in except the one in woodinville which doesn't even seem to have heroscape at all.

Woodinville has had stuff in the past, but they aren't the best one. Seattle(Northgate) has been ok, but there is an employee (*cough*madmanmuzik*cough*) there that buys things up. I can't remember if I've found HS stuff at the Westwood Village (West Seattle/White Center) target, I have at the Redmond target and rumor is that Issaquah Target stocks stuff, but I rarely make it out there.

CornPuff September 2nd, 2006 08:59 PM

I checked the Renton store today. A single pack of snipers and vipers, some large heros and some master sets were all there.

The Tower Set had a spot on the shelf, but it had been cleared out

Ooh, Target in Issaquah! I might have to go find that one

JanderSunstar September 3rd, 2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

I can't remember if I've found HS stuff at the Westwood Village (West Seattle/White Center) target
Thats where we have been going because of distance, they do have them, when we dont get there first that is.... Southcenter is pretty good, and like i said, the southcenter TRU is okay too. I havent been to bellevue in a while, but they are the largest store in Washington. They get more quanity, and they get stuff first, but its bellevue...

greyalien007 September 3rd, 2006 03:16 PM

last time i went to bellevue they had ten of the infamous werewolf pack...

bunjee September 3rd, 2006 03:49 PM

Quote:

last time i went to bellevue they had ten of the infamous werewolf pack...

Same with the TRU at Northgate. Kind of sad, really, the minutemen are great and the wolves are fun. I'm guessing that they just didn't sell as well to random kids that wanted figures, but weren't playing heroscape. Sometimes I want to buy another pack because I feel bad for them sitting there all lonely.

JanderSunstar September 4th, 2006 11:41 AM

wouldnt it be fun to play a 400 point army made entirely of wolves?

bunjee September 4th, 2006 02:41 PM

5 packs of wolves and on Dumutef. Woof!

bunjee September 6th, 2006 04:03 PM

Another note to everyone, the Cardhaus thread:
is turning into an event planning thread for Sept 16th. Wanted to make sure that any stray WA/OR people see it.

greyalien007 September 6th, 2006 04:04 PM

there are 3 Castle sets at the WalMart in Oak Harbor.

bunjee September 6th, 2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

there are 3 Castle sets at the WalMart in Oak Harbor.

If you are there often and are willing to pick one up for me, I'll buy it from you on the 16th (you're still going to Cardhaus, right?). Poor Sandra seems to have be shot in the head by Hasbro. I'll buy Castles from her, but I want to have two right now, and I only have the one.

Heck, if you buy all three you could probably sell them off to other HS players locally.

greyalien007 September 6th, 2006 04:25 PM

i've got a friend who plays heroscape (with my stuff only) that lives there. I'll see if he can pick them up for me. It's a LONG drive for me. But we'll probably hang out b4 the 16th.

brotharon September 6th, 2006 06:22 PM

We are coming up on the wintery times, and people will likey not be out and about as much...we should put together a Greater Puget Sound HS Tourney for this winter...it could be awesome... :twisted:

bunjee September 6th, 2006 07:39 PM

Quote:

i've got a friend who plays heroscape (with my stuff only) that lives there. I'll see if he can pick them up for me. It's a LONG drive for me. But we'll probably hang out b4 the 16th.

Ah! I thought you were near it regularly since you posted about it.

Thank you!

Quote:

We are coming up on the wintery times, and people will likey not be out and about as much...we should put together a Greater Puget Sound HS Tourney for this winter...it could be awesome... :twisted:

I'm hoping that is the case, in doors with lights and heat will sound nice to people!

brotharon September 6th, 2006 08:48 PM

Yes, but does that mean that there are plans in the werkz to put together a Northwest Tourney for this winter? I will help out however I can...but I do not know where it could be had, but I could call places...maybe there is a school that would let us use the gymnasium or a church or something...

JanderSunstar September 6th, 2006 09:03 PM

yeah a church or school or something, nudge nudge wink wink

Ellian is remodling a basement into rooms, he says we should use that (however we have to ask the people living there first....)
Community centers let you rent that kind of thing, but i dont know of any really good/nice ones. all of the ones down here are scary, and the ones up north arent as nice.
Maybe we can ask Bill Gates...
I wonder if we could do it at my work... I doubt it

greyalien007 September 6th, 2006 09:16 PM

->Ah! I thought you were near it regularly since you posted about it.

Yeah you could get that from the post...Really it was the same friend who said, hey, they have castle sets at the walmart in town...

bunjee September 6th, 2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Yes, but does that mean that there are plans in the werkz to put together a Northwest Tourney for this winter? I will help out however I can...but I do not know where it could be had, but I could call places...maybe there is a school that would let us use the gymnasium or a church or something...

Quote:

yeah a church or school or something, nudge nudge wink wink

Ellian is remodling a basement into rooms, he says we should use that (however we have to ask the people living there first....)
Community centers let you rent that kind of thing, but i dont know of any really good/nice ones. all of the ones down here are scary, and the ones up north arent as nice.
Maybe we can ask Bill Gates...
I wonder if we could do it at my work... I doubt it

Oh, I figured the event Center at Cardhaus would be plenty. They have plenty of space. Would that not work as a tourney location for some reason I'm missing? Its even free and they'll let us reserve it in advance.

greyalien007 September 6th, 2006 09:31 PM

Cardhaus = perfect

brotharon September 6th, 2006 11:54 PM

:headbang:

Sounds good

oni September 7th, 2006 01:19 AM

Hey, another Seattle person here. Anyone part of the Seattle Metro Gamers (aka Dragonflight)? Anyone ever play at the Seattle Metro Gamers play house?

bunjee September 7th, 2006 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oni
Hey, another Seattle person here. Anyone part of the Seattle Metro Gamers (aka Dragonflight)? Anyone ever play at the Seattle Metro Gamers play house?

I haven't, I'll have to drop in some time as I live pretty close.

JanderSunstar September 9th, 2006 02:58 PM

I suppose it depends on how many of us come to this tournament. I dont know how big Cardhaus' game room is, so we were thinking of options if we have, heaven forbid, too many people show up.

bunjee September 9th, 2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

I suppose it depends on how many of us come to this tournament. I dont know how big Cardhaus' game room is, so we were thinking of options if we have, heaven forbid, too many people show up.

They have 12-13 of those eight foot tables.

JanderSunstar September 9th, 2006 06:17 PM

Well, if its free, and they have that much space then yea :)

brotharon September 11th, 2006 04:29 PM

Yeah! When is it?

bunjee September 11th, 2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Yeah! When is it?