Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Meet Other Scapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Washington/Oregon (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=682)

lafleurhero January 12th, 2019 04:23 PM

Re: Washington/Oregon

If it is in Everett I might be able to make it. I'd like to bring my own army though, most likely. I like making armies so I don't have as much fun playing pre-built ones, though I guess it could be fun to try out some of the fan made units that have become accepted by this group. Things are just pretty tough for me to tell about attending as my work situation could change a lot by then.

Dr.Goomonkey January 12th, 2019 10:06 PM

Bellevue is not too far at all. In fact, the last few times we've met up in Everett (wait, is Silverlake actually its own city?) I've driven down to Bellevue first!

And lafleur, playing with the units these guys have made is great fun, whether or not you are using their armies. C3V is cool and all, but NWHC is really where it's at. 8)

William099 January 14th, 2019 01:20 AM

I've been wondering after events from this group too :)

obfuscatedhippo January 14th, 2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 2247228)
I've been wondering after events from this group too :)

Yeah we're still around up here in Everett/Seattle.

How are our Portlandian brethren?

lafleurhero January 17th, 2019 02:03 PM

Well, I will certainly try to make it to the next event. The problem is that Weekends are most likely to be the worst times for me for the next 6 months at least. A Saturday (perhaps the 3rd Saturday in October) are a possibility but Sundays are not. I would only really be able to get to the Everett bus transfer station though and would likely need a ride from there unless it is close.

hummingbug February 19th, 2019 01:20 AM

Would there be any interest in people trekking down to Eugene, Oregon, by chance? :) We've been trying to make Heroscape happen here for a bit but it seems hard to coordinate. If we planned for something in maybe April, perhaps wed get a good turn out?

~hummingbug, who feels a little silly that shes never really ventured off the CoN forum before now.

William099 February 22nd, 2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummingbug (Post 2256266)
Would there be any interest in people trekking down to Eugene, Oregon, by chance? :) We've been trying to make Heroscape happen here for a bit but it seems hard to coordinate. If we planned for something in maybe April, perhaps wed get a good turn out?

~hummingbug, who feels a little silly that shes never really ventured off the CoN forum before now.

For reference hummingbug is part of the same group of gamer's as Dysole and I. I don't recall if she has ever gone north with us for any of your guys events but she's super cool and you should all totally listen to her lol.

quozl February 22nd, 2019 12:07 PM

My daughter and I are always up for a Heroscape event.

hummingbug February 24th, 2019 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 2257218)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hummingbug (Post 2256266)

For reference hummingbug is part of the same group of gamer's as Dysole and I. I don't recall if she has ever gone north with us for any of your guys events but she's super cool and you should all totally listen to her lol.

Thanks Will099! :)) and thats great quozl! Id really love to make it a thing, but I also want it to be worth the drive

Nomad February 24th, 2019 01:38 PM

Somewhere in the Portland area would be great. It has been a couple of years since we did something at Guardian Games in Portland. Eugene might be possible for me, but the timing would have to work out.

The Everett event was a resounding success with 17 players - the most we have had in a long time.

William099 February 24th, 2019 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad (Post 2257622)
Somewhere in the Portland area would be great. It has been a couple of years since we did something at Guardian Games in Portland. Eugene might be possible for me, but the timing would have to work out.

The Everett event was a resounding success with 17 players - the most we have had in a long time.

I love guardian games!

The Grim Reaper's Friend February 27th, 2019 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad (Post 2257622)

I was referred here by quozl. I've never met other 'Scapers outside of HSers, but the longer I think about it, the more I think I should try it. There are two difficulties:

1. I can only make it if it is on or near the max line. Guardian games works for me.
  2. It MUST be before the last week in April. Ideally before April altogether. Come April, I begin packing in preparation for moving out of state.
~TGRF.

White Q Knight February 27th, 2019 01:11 AM

I’m contemplating putting something together for a tournament at guardian games. We'll see if I can put together a fun format for everyone... I’ll get some input from @Nomad @Longy418 and @obfuscatedhippo before I post anything... stay tuned

Dysole February 27th, 2019 01:13 AM

Appearance

The sooner you can plan something, the better. My Saturdays have times where they're going to get eaten up by something, so it's best if I know in advance so I can plan.

~Dysole, pretty unavailable on other days

The Grim Reaper's Friend February 27th, 2019 12:48 PM

Saturdays are probably best for me as well. Sundays won't work, though the rest of the week would work (though it wouldn't be ideal), except for Thursdays.

~TGRF.

Dr.Goomonkey February 27th, 2019 08:22 PM

If something is getting set up for a Saturday before the end of April, it's probably worth saying that the 23rd is the only Saturday in March that I would be available. At this point I think most Saturdays actually in April would work for me.

Quite a suspicious amount of CoNners in this corner of the country...

robbdaman February 28th, 2019 01:34 AM

Only weekend I'd not be available is the last weekend in March as that is Gamestorm.

hummingbug March 3rd, 2019 07:57 PM

I’m down for something at Guardian Games:) just gotta plan child care!

Nomad March 3rd, 2019 10:05 PM

March is getting pretty tough for me. I might be able to make something in April or May.

White Q Knight March 3rd, 2019 10:17 PM

Unfortunately with how busy I am It would probably be end of April or May before I could have something ready. I still need to come up with format as well.

The Grim Reaper's Friend March 6th, 2019 12:33 PM

April will be out for me. It sounds like everyone else prefers April though, so that's probably the best option.

~TGRF.

lafleurhero March 11th, 2019 01:15 AM

I have both Friday March 22nd and Saturday the 23rd off. I would only be able to go Friday if I'm assured of a ride home. Saturday I could go but would likely have to leave early if I can't find a ride back.

Ulysses May 3rd, 2019 11:35 PM

Hello NW Heroscapers! I'm planning on having a game day in Salem either June 2nd or 23rd depending on everyone's schedules. It would be held at Capitol City Theater, a comedy club downtown. We'd have exclusive use of the theater that would sell drinks (beer and wine available) and food to those who'd like. I'm not necessarily thinking of this as a tournament (I have no experience with them), more just a get together and casually play. I have enough terrain for several maps but not a wealth of duplicate figures. I'm still gauging interest, but would love to make this happen. Any and all welcome! Let me know.

Dysole May 4th, 2019 09:13 AM

Schedule

I think one of those could work. Not sure which one yet.

~Dysole, who will admit she has a hard time scheduling that far in advance

Ulysses May 4th, 2019 11:18 AM

Re: Schedule

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2277949)
I think one of those could work. Not sure which one yet.

Fantastic! So far I have one vote for the 23rd and 5 or 6 people interested.

robbdaman May 11th, 2019 01:22 PM

I could be available for either of those days.

Ulysses May 13th, 2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbdaman (Post 2280056)
I could be available for either of those days.

It looks like the 23rd of June is best for everyone. It's not looking like a huge gathering, probably 8 folks or so if you can make it. I'll have more details finalized soon as far as time and what maps I'll have set up etc. We'd love to have ya!

Dr.Goomonkey May 13th, 2019 10:30 PM

This sounds like a lot of fun! I will certainly try to show up, and if I do I will be a party of probably 3. One question regarding this Capitol City Theater: this is an all ages venue, right? I'm assuming it is, but the beer and wine line means I have to check (June 23rd is enough time to get a quality fake ID, too, right?).

Ulysses May 13th, 2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey (Post 2280725)
This sounds like a lot of fun! I will certainly try to show up, and if I do I will be a party of probably 3. One question regarding this Capitol City Theater: this is an all ages venue, right? I'm assuming it is, but the beer and wine line means I have to check (June 23rd is enough time to get a quality fake ID, too, right?).

Yes, all ages welcome, but drinks available for those who are 21+, real IDs encouraged ; ) The more the merrier! It would be an honor

Ulysses May 13th, 2019 11:51 PM

I've also created a FB group as another forum to discuss the event, but I'll try to keep it updated here as well.
Link"https://www.facebook.com/groups/2370404843203204/"link

Nomad May 17th, 2019 12:49 AM

I would love to have made the trip, but have prior commitments. Have fun everyone.

Longy418 August 5th, 2019 11:06 PM

Looks like we will be having an informal heroscape superhero day Saturday August 10th at my place in battleground. 1000 point army’s of which I have a hundred plus armies already put together. Will post in events thread when time and such is finalized.

Nomad August 6th, 2019 12:24 AM

I will be there. Thanks Longy418.

robbdaman August 6th, 2019 09:40 AM

Might be able to make that.

Longy418 August 6th, 2019 12:44 PM

Looks like a noonish start for some casual play.

robbdaman August 6th, 2019 03:30 PM

My buddy Dave and I will be there!

quozl August 6th, 2019 03:53 PM

My daughter and I will be there. (She's going away to college in 2 weeks!)

Nomad August 7th, 2019 10:37 PM

We will have eight C3G maps set up. Looks like we might get up to 14 casual players.

Toogwick_tuk August 8th, 2019 05:42 PM

I'll try to make it to this!

Longy418 August 8th, 2019 06:29 PM

Hope you can. Will do taco bar for dinner. Feel free to bring drinks and snacks. See you Saturday.

Longy418 August 9th, 2019 11:21 PM

You can PM me if you need address or phone info. Looking forward to some heroscape tomorrow.

robbdaman August 12th, 2019 08:07 AM

Thanks for hosting Derek! Hopefully we can do this all more often. We should probably start talking NHSD plans.

Longy418 August 12th, 2019 08:40 AM

Yes it was good times, thanks for making it. Agreed on NHSD. We will definitely get something planned this year.

quozl August 12th, 2019 10:07 AM

So great seeing everyone again! It had been way too long!

Ulysses September 5th, 2019 09:26 PM

I'll be hosting an event for National Heroscape Day at Capitol City Theater in downtown Salem October 20th. It'll be casual play on ARV, and a couple scraps maps. Everyone is welcome. Food and drinks are available for purchase at the venue and outside food and drink is welcome (no outside alcohol, but beer/wine/cider is available in house). We have the whole place to ourselves. BYOA of 500 points for ARV maps and 350 for scraps maps.

robbdaman September 5th, 2019 11:10 PM

I should be available. What is on the allowed lists? C3V and SOV included?

Ulysses September 5th, 2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbdaman (Post 2311918)
I should be available. What is on the allowed lists? C3V and SOV included?

We'd love to have you! Many of the players don't have C3V/SOV experience (unless Dysole makes it!) and some players are greenhorns, but this is really just for fun so I certainly wouldn't mind some customs (especially so I can ogle over them) if you want to run some. I don't plan on doing brackets or anything, just play with who you'd like to play against and pick a few armies that are fun. Just trying to get fellow 'Scapers together in our area to symbolically nerd out on our passion. All. 'Scape. Welcome!

William099 September 17th, 2019 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longy418 (Post 2303879)
Yes it was good times, thanks for making it. Agreed on NHSD. We will definitely get something planned this year.

I'm considering going to the event in Salem. But if you are hosting an event @Longy418 I would rather go to yours (provided its in Portland, Vancouver or Battleground as opposed to Seattle/Everett.) Do you think you and Kai and all the others would want to come to Salem? I've got so much to catch you all up on. I'm married now, have a foster daughter and am buying a house! Also I'm teaching full time now instead of working night shift :)
@quozl @Toogwick_tuk @Nomad @White Q Knight @obfuscatedhippo

Also an attempt to necro an old friend @ROADRAGE do you still get heroscapers notifications?
@Ulysses these were the people I mentioned on the facebook event that would effect whether I was a maybe or not.