Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Beyonder (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=34744)

IAmBatman February 14th, 2011 11:14 AM

Re: The Book of Beyonder - Design Phase

Should 3 army tests pretty much be our standard for Event Heroes?

Hahma February 14th, 2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1340149)
Should 3 army tests pretty much be our standard for Event Heroes?

It should be the minimum IMO.

Griffin February 14th, 2011 01:17 PM

I agree. 3 Army Tests from 3 hand picked playtesters.

IAmBatman February 14th, 2011 02:14 PM

So, I think this is probably ready for an initial, if GO agrees. I'm on Doctor Fate for the next few days, though. :-)

Griffin February 14th, 2011 02:43 PM

I will see about running some tests tomorrow night.

IAmBatman February 14th, 2011 02:53 PM

Sweet. :-) You da man.

Spidey'tilIDie February 14th, 2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1340290)
Sweet. :-) You da man.

Yes, you be. Da Man, that is.

GreyOwl February 14th, 2011 05:19 PM

Sounds good to me!

IAmBatman February 17th, 2011 12:50 AM

C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (BEYONDER)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST
/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS Event Hero rules prevent you from taking control of an opponent's Event Hero, so no mind control loops possible here.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS Though if he's hitting the Mere Pawns rolls, he's very scary ...

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS He felt very like Beyonder

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS The changes to Mere Pawns let the opposing army get plenty of attacks in on him and feel like they had some control over their own destiny! Plus it's fun to have Doom steal Beyonder's powers!

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

- Army Test/ Does it pass? PASS @ 1800
Map: Platforms 5 and 6
Units: Beyonder vs. Anti-Monitor (Normally I wouldn't use Anti-Monitor in a playtest, but since I'm doing three others, and since I feel Anti-Monitor is his closest comparison for points, I thought a head-to-head could be a helpful start).
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass? PASS
Units: Beyonder (1800) vs. Thor, Silver Surfer, Doctor Doom, Doombot x1, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Red Skull (1810)
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass?
Units: Beyonder, Riddler, Speedy, Sentinel (x3) (3000) vs. Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Professor X, Jean Grey, Magma, Wolverine, Pyro, Blob, Mystique, Colossus, Angel, Beast, Molly Hayes, and Cyclops (3000)
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass?
Units: Beyonder (3000) vs. Graviton, MODOK, Loki, Annihilus, Red Skull, HYDRA Agents x3, Punisher, Thanos, Super-Skrull, and Madame HYDRA (3000)
Spoiler Alert!

IAmBatman February 17th, 2011 02:50 AM

OK, I updated Beyonder with his first two tests. I'm done for tonight, but please pay special attention to the second test and let me know what you think of the proposed tweaks! :-)
I will say, he feels very thematically spot on, he just needs a couple of changes to be more fun to play against!

whitestuff February 17th, 2011 03:01 AM

Doesn't sound like a fun battle... Sounds frustrating in fact. Hopefully the tweaks will help with that...

IAmBatman February 17th, 2011 03:03 AM

Yeah. There were lots of castle pillars on the map I was on, so even if I'd just been able to avoid being controlled when I wasn't in clear sight of Beyonder that would've made tons of difference! On a flat map, though, it wouldn't help, so I think a range of 10 spaces at maximum is needed so even if you turn me on my brethren, I can at least try to make you pay for it on the following turn!
Also having a slightly higher chance for him to miss the roll would be nice. Controlling 2 enemy figures is huge.