Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Customization & HS Additions (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Trading Card Sized Heroscape Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=7346)

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher March 16th, 2007 11:16 AM

Trading Card Sized Heroscape Cards

Jan 5, 2018 - updated links

Trading Card Sized Heroscape Cards

These cards are sized for the ProGARD card sleeves at 2.56x3.61 inches, and are 9-up on an 8.5x11 sheet.

Card sets:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/btipp5gef9...mall.jpg?raw=1

Official Heroscape
Uncommon Heroes only
Common Squads/Heroes only
Marvel
Card Back

Glyph reminders:

http://www.rodriguezphotography.com/...nder_small.jpg
Glyph reminders

Blanks:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlt82tkll1...mall.jpg?raw=1
Marvel
Einar
Vydar
Jandar
Ullar
Utgar
Aquilla
Valkrill
Generic
Glyph

Fortress Door card

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipor1okgpa...mall.jpg?raw=1
Fortress Door card

markwars March 16th, 2007 11:59 AM

Very nice! Thanks! :D

Do you have an image to use for the card backs?

rehlers March 16th, 2007 12:23 PM

these look awesome, nice job!

Hex_Enduction_Hour March 16th, 2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rehlers
these look awesome, nice job!

Yeah, I'm digging them too. I like how you kept the background (fiery Volcarren Wasteland for Utgar, etc.)!
I'm a stickly for the original card shapes, but yours sure are slick for those players seeking the baseball format!
Nice work.

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher March 17th, 2007 09:41 PM

Thanks. Glad you all like! :D

davidlhsl March 22nd, 2007 02:09 PM

I just caught these and... Whoo-hoo!!! :excited:

You really did a great job with these. I'm definitely going to replace the ones I've been using with this set.

Thanks so much!

-David

justin April 21st, 2007 03:27 PM

Question. would these be better for traveling 'scapers than the 7-hex originals? I had a problem with one of my cards tearing. Also do you have all of the expansion sets cards as well. 8)

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher April 23rd, 2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin
Question. would these be better for traveling 'scapers than the 7-hex originals? I had a problem with one of my cards tearing. Also do you have all of the expansion sets cards as well. 8)

Yes. and yes!

InfinityMax April 23rd, 2007 04:11 PM

This is spectacular. Raudulf, you rule.

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher April 23rd, 2007 04:34 PM

There are a couple of typos that I need to fix. I'll try to get to that soon . . .

I glad others find them usefull!

markwars April 23rd, 2007 05:13 PM

And you may have missed my question before, so I'll ask again. Is there perchance a card back for them? :)

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher April 23rd, 2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markwars
And you may have missed my question before, so I'll ask again. Is there perchance a card back for them? :)

Naaa, I didn't miss it. I just haven't had a chance to design one yet. :D

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher April 23rd, 2007 08:22 PM

UPDATE: 4-23
Fixed typos:

* Elite Onyx Vipers: Evasive description wasn't accurate. (page 12)
* Saylind's cost was listed as 50 instead of 80. (page 6)

The following changes aren't based on the official text, but from the FAQ. These would make the abilities much clearer:
* Taelord - Change Flying to Stealth Flying (page 3)
* Deathreavers - Scatter should clarify defense dice from a normal opponent's attack. (page 9)

(thanks davidlhsl!)

markwars April 24th, 2007 03:43 PM

Be careful when you make page 15 down the road. ;)

Cavalier April 24th, 2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Be careful when you make page 15 down the road. ;)

:lol:

Will T April 30th, 2007 12:19 AM

Raudulfr,
Excellent job. Thanks for taking the time to do these. One error I spotted is that the Roman Archers are listed as Unique Hero. Thanks again.

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher April 30th, 2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will T
Raudulfr,
Excellent job. Thanks for taking the time to do these. One error I spotted is that the Roman Archers are listed as Unique Hero. Thanks again.

Wait, there not on page 15 :lol:

I'll fix and update. Thanks Will!

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher April 30th, 2007 06:11 PM

UPDATE: 4-30
Fixed typos:
*Roman Archers was labled as Unique Hero. (page 3)

(thanks Will T!)

Hex_Enduction_Hour April 30th, 2007 06:21 PM

Raudulfr, fellow NorCal 'Scaper, Grim, printed and gave us all a set of your cards at our last tournament.
I've seen the baseball card-sized unit card format before thanks to LordRaidor and Boromir (I think was the fellow's username), but your set is the first I've had a hard copy from which to look.
They're very nice. Guerillinator came to my house on Saturday for some 'Scape and mentioned how handy they are for browsing potential army comboinations. He has them in a binder, uncut and browses them for the information. I'll be doing the same with my set.

Thanks for supplying these to the community!

Will T April 30th, 2007 07:06 PM

Raudulfr,
I found another one... Thorgrim's Warriors Armor Spirit 1 is truncated at the end of the description, "... add 1 to the defense number on that car"

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher April 30th, 2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will T
Raudulfr,
I found another one... Thorgrim's Warriors Armor Spirit 1 is truncated at the end of the description, "... add 1 to the defense number on that car"

Fixed and uploaded . . .

Thanks again Will!

H_E_H
Glad they are getting use. Our group loves them!. It's also easy to seperate into the different factions with these cards. (we play a lot of general specific games)

markwars April 30th, 2007 09:57 PM

Did you see your plug on the 5ive? :wink:

vulchor April 30th, 2007 10:32 PM

It'd be nice if the hit zones and targeting point were hilighted. I did a really quick version Kaemon Awa to show what I mean.

http://a863.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...d0193a0726.jpg

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher May 1st, 2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulchor
It'd be nice if the hit zones and targeting point were hilighted. I did a really quick version Kaemon Awa to show what I mean.

I like what you did vulchor, but we are pretty heavy players and know the hit zones well. In the rare case of a dispute, we go back to the orginal cards. Sadly, I just don't have the time for that kind of image editing. Heck, I'm still trying to get a back designed!

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher May 1st, 2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

How Cool! Thanks Truth! 8)

jcb231 May 1st, 2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

That looks great....I was about to suggest he replace the figure picture with the zone picture, but your idea looks even cooler. Hmmm....gotta be time consuming though....I bet replacing the picture with the zone picture would be a tad easier.

Great work on these cards.

ricksta2232 May 1st, 2007 03:24 PM

Not sure why, but clicking the first link brings me to a page that says the link is unavailable.

See: http://www.rodriguezphotography.com/...rd_sized_1.jpg

Hex_Enduction_Hour May 1st, 2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Very nice idea!

markwars May 1st, 2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Quote:

:wave:

Cavalier May 1st, 2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

psst, Shieldcrusher....markwars is in charge of the 5ive

markwars May 1st, 2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, didn't you hear about how poor and pathetic I am? Didn't you hear about my sad and lonely life? :P

This is all I have. Don't take that away from me too! :wink:

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher May 1st, 2007 05:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, didn't you hear about how poor and pathetic I am? Didn't you hear about my sad and lonely life? :P

This is all I have. Don't take that away from me too! :wink:

Doh! I'm, sorry markwars. I knew that. I mean that you were in charge of the 5ive. Not that you're pathetic. :lol:

Hit zones would be a lot of work. It would be cool. But it's not something I'm interested in doing.

vulchor May 1st, 2007 09:01 PM

If you wouldn't mind Raudulfr, and there's enough people that wanted it, I could shade the hit zones and you could put two versions up. Just different flavors, some people might like vanilla, some might like chocolate. What does everybody think? Even though you're core group has all of the hit zones memorized doesn't mean that everybody on the net here does, and with younger players having proxy cards makes alot of sense. Kids tend to be alittle sloppy while playing. Just an idea. I'm not sure it would be all that more time consuming than replacing pictures with the hit zones pictures from the cards, JCB. Kaemon Awa took a whole 2 minutes.

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher May 1st, 2007 09:53 PM

Quote:

If you wouldn't mind Raudulfr, and there's enough people that wanted it, I could shade the hit zones and you could put two versions up. Just different flavors, some people might like vanilla, some might like chocolate. What does everybody think? Even though you're core group has all of the hit zones memorized doesn't mean that everybody on the net here does, and with younger players having proxy cards makes alot of sense. Kids tend to be alittle sloppy while playing. Just an idea. I'm not sure it would be all that more time consuming than replacing pictures with the hit zones pictures from the cards, JCB. Kaemon Awa took a whole 2 minutes.

I think it's a great idea vulchor! I can make higher-resolution files available to anyone who wants them. Or whatever you need. I could even generate new cards for with the art area blank. That would be rather easy. Just let me know!

But, if I do my math correctly, 2 minutes per comes out to about 3.5 hours. :shock:
I probably spent about 5 minutes per card to create the character art initially so I'm not all that hip on re-doing them.

craiglauver May 1st, 2007 10:06 PM

I am also having trouble with the link to the first file. Is there a problem, and if so can you fix it.

Great Job, they are perfect for my 12 year old grandson to take home and study the pieces and also use to play instaed of using my originals.

Thanks

vulchor May 2nd, 2007 01:47 AM

Quote:

I can make higher-resolution files available to anyone who wants them. Or whatever you need. I could even generate new cards for with the art area blank. That would be rather easy. Just let me know!

But, if I do my math correctly, 2 minutes per comes out to about 3.5 hours. :shock:
I probably spent about 5 minutes per card to create the character art initially so I'm not all that hip on re-doing them.

I think the character art is fantastic. That's a big reason why I wouldn't want to just insert the hitzone picture from the army cards. Your files are 250dpi, which isn't bad at all for most printers. I'm fine with working on those, that way I don't have to deal with using huge images that take up 40-50+ MB's of RAM to work with. :shock:

I also was having a problem accessing the first sheet off of the server.

vulchor May 2nd, 2007 05:26 AM

A little bit of nit-picking I hope you don't mind, on the Einar Imperium card, on the the lower left Kyrie, there's a chunk of white without background in between the sword, arm, and wing that you missed.

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher May 2nd, 2007 08:08 AM

Quote:

A little bit of nit-picking I hope you don't mind, on the Einar Imperium card, on the the lower left Kyrie, there's a chunk of white without background in between the sword, arm, and wing that you missed.

Nit-picking is fine. I needed some proofing anyway! Thanks vulchor.

I'll look into page one as well.

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher May 2nd, 2007 11:14 AM

UPDATE: 5-2
* Fixed broken links

markwars May 2nd, 2007 12:07 PM

I was just kidding with you. ;)

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher May 2nd, 2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

I was just kidding with you. ;)

I know. :wink:

vulchor May 2nd, 2007 09:59 PM

Heh, the links for 12, 9, 6, and 3 are down now. Hmph.

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher May 2nd, 2007 10:29 PM

They should be fixed now . . . sorry, not sure how that happened. :oops:

Aldin May 3rd, 2007 06:03 PM

Welcome to the boards, craiglauver!

On behalf of our link fixing and grandkid addicting community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the friendship, support and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, trying to hook his father's grandkid on HS

Retlaw May 4th, 2007 08:30 AM

These are great - thanks for the work.

One request - could you post "blank" cards for each general. That way I could put my customs on the same type of card.

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher May 4th, 2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw
These are great - thanks for the work.

One request - could you post "blank" cards for each general. That way I could put my customs on the same type of card.

I could do that . . . give me a few days. :)

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher May 4th, 2007 01:43 PM

Blanks are now available:

Einar
Vydar
Jandar
Ullar
Utgar

Will T May 4th, 2007 02:23 PM

Wow, a few days = 4 hours! Thanks Raudulfr.