Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Welcome to C3G! – Directory (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=28312)

DEATHWALKER 1970 October 27th, 2010 05:05 PM

Re: C3G Public Directory

Sorry, no! That happens at the BIG office down the hall...

Karat October 27th, 2010 05:10 PM

I think that it would make sense to have someone, who is currently and consistently active, to monitor all allies/sidekicks activity and productivity of posts and submit their suggestions to the heroes for review, who would then vote on it when they felt it was time for a promotion, or that someone was ready to be promoted.

tcglkn October 27th, 2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 1241930)
I think that it would make sense to have someone, who is currently and consistently active, to monitor all allies/sidekicks activity and productivity of posts and submit their suggestions to the heroes for review, who would then vote on it when they felt it was time for a promotion, or that someone was ready to be promoted.

The Heroes do that themselves. They watch everything we do on here and nominate us in secret in the Sanctum. The best way to get nominated for a promotion is just to work tirelessly in the group and not ask for a promotion.

Griffin October 27th, 2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1241936)
Quote:

The Heroes do that themselves. They watch everything we do on here and nominate us in secret in the Sanctum. The best way to get nominated for a promotion is just to work tirelessly in the group and not ask for a promotion.

: DING :

Karat October 27th, 2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1241937)
Quote:

Quote:

Well i wasn't asking for one. It was just a suggestion to possibly create more efficiency.

Lord Pyre October 27th, 2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Griff, can I get a promotion?

...Oh, crap!

Griffin October 27th, 2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 1241942)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well i wasn't asking for one. It was just a suggestion to possibly create more efficiency.

I hear ya, but the last thing we want to do is efficiently promote people to Hero status. We have 9 Heroes currently, and that is a lot. Even if we were to lose 2 of those Heroes (to natural causes :runaway: ), I think even a 7 Hero membership would be just fine.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 1241945)
Quote:

Quote:

Hey Griff, can I get a promotion?

...Oh, crap!

:rofl:

Karat October 27th, 2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1241957)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I hear ya, but the last thing we want to do is efficiently promote people to Hero status. We have 9 Heroes currently, and that is a lot. Even if we were to lose 2 of those Heroes (to natural causes :runaway: ), I think even a 7 Hero membership would be just fine.

Well it was meant more for the promotion from ally to sidekick, and then the heroes would determine when and if they promoted a sidekick, but they would have the notes of the "Official" to help guide them in making their decision/s.

Scapemage October 27th, 2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

See, this is partially the problem. I am not complaining, you guys are fantastic, but this means that even if myself, Adam (who isn't really active around here anymore), or Quozl lived up to hero status, we couldn't get promoted just because there are too many heroes. Now I know having a lot of heroes is a problem, but when you promoted Galahad my thoughts began to change. I think, if, in the future, a sidekick deserves to be a hero, but is denied because of the abundance of heroes, we could try rotations. We would create two groups of heroes that rotated in and out of working in the Inner Sanctum every month or two. That way, the people who've earned their place don't feel bad if they cannot become a hero because of oto many people.

IAmBatman October 27th, 2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scapemage921 (Post 1241915)
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................... ..

I thought his job was to promote members to higher ranks...

:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 1241962)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well it was meant more for the promotion from ally to sidekick, and then the heroes would determine when and if they promoted a sidekick, but they would have the notes of the "Official" to help guide them in making their decision/s.

Promotions are never something that we plan to do in volume or require "efficiency" for. They'll happen when they happen. :-)

IAmBatman October 27th, 2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scapemage921 (Post 1241979)
See, this is partially the problem. I am not complaining, you guys are fantastic, but this means that even if myself, Adam (who isn't really active around here anymore), or Quozl lived up to hero status, we couldn't get promoted just because there are too many heroes. Now I know having a lot of heroes is a problem, but when you promoted Galahad my thoughts began to change. I think, if, in the future, a sidekick deserves to be a hero, but is denied because of the abundance of heroes, we could try rotations. We would create two groups of heroes that rotated in and out of working in the Inner Sanctum every month or two. That way, the people who've earned their place don't feel bad if they cannot become a hero because of oto many people.

At the risk of being called a jerk, this project is about making good customs, not about making sure people don't feel bad. This project can and does use us all however it best feels we should be used (myself included and especially!) and we keep coming back for the abuse ... because we like it. :-P

GreyOwl October 27th, 2010 05:45 PM

It's really no different than pretty much any job you'll ever have in the real world. You'll never get promoted to CEO, VP, etc. unless there's an opening, regardless of how good you are. Timing is everything. That's just how life is...