Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Medusa (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=60379)

Karat February 23rd, 2022 10:42 AM

The Book of Medusa

The Book of Medusa

C3G DC WAVE 51
LIGHTING UP THE NEW YEAR

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...a-DC_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...sa-DC_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary set.
Its model number and name are #030 / Medusa.

Character Bio - Cursed by Athena for her dalliance with Poseidon inside of Athena's temple, the beautiful Medusa was cursed with an appearance so hideous that all who gaze upon her countenance are turned to stone. Medusa was eventually hunted down and beheaded by the famed Perseus.

A jealous Hera freed Euryale and Stheno, Medusa's sisters, who colluded with the sorceress Circe to resurrect their beheaded sister. The conniving Circe was loathe to perform this task and only resurrected the head of Medusa until Poseidon intervened by promising to reunite Circe with her daughter, Lyta. The newly resurrected Medusa seeks vengeance against the Themiscyrans, Wonder Woman in particular.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Karat February 23rd, 2022 10:42 AM

Re: The Book of Medusa (Design Phase)

NAME = MEDUSA

SPECIES = GORGON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = BITTER

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 300

HYPNOTIC CALL 12
Before an opponent would take a turn with a figure they control that is not engaged with Medusa but is within 6 clear sight spaces of her and does not have the Mental Shield special power, they must roll the 20-sided die. If 12 or lower is rolled, that figure must move at least one space during its turn and must end its movement closer to Medusa than at the start of the turn, if possible.

VENOMOUS BITES
If Medusa rolls a skull against a figure leaving an engagement with her, that figure receives one additional wound and may not leave the engagement with Medusa this turn.

PETRIFYING STARE 12
If an opponent's figure without the Blind Warrior special power within 5 clear sight spaces of Medusa targets her for a normal attack, that opponent may roll the 20-sided die. If they do not, they must subtract 2 skulls from whatever is rolled. If they roll 12 or lower, the attacking figure's turn immediately ends and until the next time that opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker, the attacking figure cannot move, attack, make leaving engagement attacks, or use any special powers on its Army Card and adds 1 to its Defense number.

FLYING

Karat February 23rd, 2022 10:43 AM

Figure Pic by IamBatman

Background Ideas

Comic Images

fret_gurglo February 23rd, 2022 11:57 AM

Are you undecided on a number for Hypnotic call?

Karat February 23rd, 2022 12:47 PM

Honestly, in all the conversation about the other powers and spacing I completely forgot about that. I am thinking a low number though, so like a 9 or lower or something.

That way she works decently well with the IJL and other Antagonists.

IAmBatman February 23rd, 2022 12:48 PM

Is it clear how Hypnotic Call works? Up to 3 spaces sounds like you could choose to move 0 or 1 spaces. Is there a way to word that better to make it clear that you have to move as close as possible?

Petrifying Stare should probably be listed first since it has start of game stuff. Do we want "you may" language in that one?

I think Petrifying Stare is probably way too powerful as is. I thought we had other versions of that we were toying with? Right now she could win initiative and have a 50% chance of shutting Godzilla down for an entire round before he can do a thing.

Other question is are there other classes we should consider besides Antagonist? She's not someone who's really worked with the Injustice types or anything.

tcglkn February 23rd, 2022 01:03 PM

Why does the special attack have a range of 2? Do the snakes grow an infinite (or close to it) amount like an elastic person?

I agree Antagonist isn’t the ideal class here.

Karat February 23rd, 2022 01:04 PM

Oh you are right. I grabbed an older version. This is what I should have posted.
Quote:

NAME = MEDUSA

SPECIES = GORGON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = BITTER

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 300?

HYPNOTIC CALL 12
Before an opponent moves a figure they control without the Mental Shield special power that is within 6 spaces of Medusa, they must roll the 20-sided die. If a 12 or lower is rolled, that figure must end its movement closer to Medusa than at the start of the turn, if possible.

VENOMOUS STRIKES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 2. Attack 2.
When attacking an opponent's small or medium figure with Venomous Strikes Special Attack, if Medusa rolls a skull on every die, the defending figure cannot roll any defense dice. If Medusa destroys a figure with Venomous Strikes Special Attack, she may attack again with Venomous Strikes Special Attack.

PETRIFYING STARE 12
Before an opponent's figure without the Blind Warrior special power attacks Medusa with a normal attack, that opponent may roll the 20-sided die. If they do not, they must subtract a skull from whatever is rolled. If they roll 12 or lower, the attacking figure's turn immediately ends and until the next time you reveal an Order Marker, the attacking figure cannot move, attack, or use any special powers on its Army Card and adds 1 die to its defense.

FLYING
Honestly, I'm not really sure on another class here. Antagonist just seemed to fit the best for her role with Wonder Woman, and realistically, I could see her working with them...if maybe a bit begrudgingly.

MrNobody February 23rd, 2022 01:04 PM

I think this might do it?
Quote:

HYPNOTIC CALL
Instead of moving with Medusa, you may roll the 20 sided die. If you roll X or higher, all figures without the Mental Shield special power that are within 6 spaces of Medusa must move as close to Medusa as possible, to a maximum of 3 spaces.
I will say that I really don't like Venomous Strikes on Madame Hydra, and with Medusa's higher attack I'm even less likely to use it here probably. But it's a clever reuse, I will admit.

Karat February 23rd, 2022 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 2504736)
Why does the special attack have a range of 2? Do the snakes grow an infinite (or close to it) amount like an elastic person?

I agree Antagonist isn’t the ideal class here.

It's a reuse is the simplest answer and I didn't really want to reinvent the wheel since we basically have something already that works.

Thematically, I see it as them spitting venom like an Asp up to 2 spaces.

tcglkn February 23rd, 2022 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 2504738)
HYPNOTIC CALL
Before an opponent moves a figure they control without the Mental Shield special power within 6 spaces of Medusa, they must roll the 20-sided die. If a 12 or lower is rolled, that figure must end its movement closer to Medusa than at the start of the turn, if possible.

Think you want this wording. That’s pretty much what I have for a similar power on Xemnu.

Karat February 23rd, 2022 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 2504741)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 2504738)
HYPNOTIC CALL
Before an opponent moves a figure they control without the Mental Shield special power within 6 spaces of Medusa, they must roll the 20-sided die. If a 12 or lower is rolled, that figure must end its movement closer to Medusa than at the start of the turn, if possible.

Think you want this wording. That’s pretty much what I have for a similar power on Xemnu.