Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Marvel News (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Idea for Marvel General Name (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=18574)

Dragonranger May 28th, 2008 03:51 AM

Idea for Marvel General Name

Ya know I've been working on my personal spreadsheet for Heroscape, and it includes Marvelscape characters, and under Valkyrie General, currently I've got "Marvel" as the name, but if (and this is a big if) the Marvelverse was to be represented in the War, who would be their "Organizer" the way Jandar and the others collected their troops? Then it hit me, that there was only one who has seriously gathered people together for a "Secret War"... the Beyonder. Just think since he can pluck any Marvel character from throughout the timestream and bring them to one place and time, why not have him be named their "General"? Lemme know what you think.

HSisforcoolkids May 28th, 2008 07:41 AM

Re: Idea for Marvel General Name

The Valkyrie general for Marvel would be named Stan. He would be a small little man, have an annoying voice, and think he's much more important than he actually is.

UranusPChicago May 28th, 2008 09:15 AM

Don't forget about the Contest of Champions mini-series with Grandmaster and Death.

Dragonranger May 28th, 2008 11:25 AM

I mainly think the Beyonder cause it was his power that drew all the heroes together for the Secret Wars to try and understand Good and Evil. And HSisforcoolkids don't down Stan Lee just cause he's the surviving half of the original Marvel Duo.

TKE545 May 29th, 2008 07:30 AM

The General should be more known as "The Man" and know that he is actually as that important.

On another note, I doubt it would be the Beyonder, since all the other generals summon soldiers that would be loyal to them. The Beyonder picks up people he thinks he can use as playthings. None of the superheroes/villains would be actually willing to fight for him. If anything they would switch sides to another general as soon as they met. Plus, as a person, the Beyonder is a little--shall we say, unsteady.
Theoretically, there are any number of people in the marvelverse that could fill the roll better. Dr. Strange being one of them (of course then all of the armies you build would have to be the secret defenders). Uatu could be another, as he has been known to bend the rules and "summon" superhero types do go do something, while he kinda disapears to contemplate if he has gone to far in said rule-bending. However, my money would go to Adam Warlock. He's incredibly powerful and has habit of gathering soldiers together to fight an enemy or just for a cause (Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity Watch, the new Guardians of the Galaxy).

Anyway.... yeah... that's my comment.

whitestuff May 29th, 2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UranusPChicago (Post 567109)
Don't forget about the Contest of Champions mini-series with Grandmaster and Death.

They were both great! (well the two I read anyway...) Excellent fun to see everyone all together.

Dartheyegouger May 29th, 2008 09:30 AM

In Beyond! the Stranger gathered heroes and villains for kind of a mini-Secret War.

robbdaman May 29th, 2008 04:52 PM

Actually I think they should have General names like Kirby, Lee, Ditko, Simon and Romita. ;)

R~

IAmBatman May 29th, 2008 06:41 PM

If you want to stick with the Valhalla theme, you could always go with Thor's papa, Odin.

Zorgophlats May 29th, 2008 09:10 PM

Marvellar.

Thats my vote.

Jim May 29th, 2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids (Post 567064)
The Valkyrie general for Marvel would be named Stan. He would be a small little man, have an annoying voice, and think he's much more important than he actually is.

Stan would also have a cameo in every HeroScape Scenario.

Jim

HSisforcoolkids May 30th, 2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 568720)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids (Post 567064)

Stan would also have a cameo in every HeroScape Scenario.

Jim

Very good point. Even in the bad scenarios.