Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Heroes of Star Wars Scape (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   The HoloNet - HoSS News and Announcements (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=47990)

Porkins March 12th, 2013 06:26 PM

The HoloNet - HoSS News and Announcements

The HoloNet

The source for all news related to the Heroes of Star Wars Scape custom group

Heroes of Star Wars Scape (HoSS) presents:

Posted 25 June 2023:

Small Expansion 9
Masters of the Force

The Clone Wars have waged a heavy toll and the conflict has spread throughout the galaxy. As star system denizens have been caught between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, two powerful leaders have emerged to lead the charge on each side, both of whom are some of the most skilled force users in the galaxy.

With Jedi Command, Master Windu effectively mobilizes the Republic forces against the Separatist threat. If the Clone Troopers fail, Mace approaches directly, using a Jedi Force Pull to engage the enemy and then his uniquely honed Vaapad Special Attack to dismantle the threat.

The Separatist Head of State (otherwise known as Darth Tyranus)
https://i0.wp.com/MynockManor.com/wp...Full-Cover.jpg
The Holocron of Count Dooku

Count Dooku employs Forceful Diplomacy to bring Independent systems (and units) under the grasp of the Separatist Alliance. Dooku’s Sith training allows him the deadly use of Force Lightning Special Attack. In lightsaber battles, there is virtually no one with more refined skill, as the Makashi Duelist evades nearly every attack.

May the Force be with you!
-Your friends at HoSS

Olds (ie - not News)

Spoiler Alert!

Scapemage March 19th, 2013 12:46 PM

Re: The HoloNet - HoSS News and Announcements

Where is the Gift Certificate to?

greygnarl March 19th, 2013 12:47 PM

Auggie's.

GeneralRolando March 19th, 2013 01:06 PM

For the map contest are you looking for scenario based maps at all? I'd be all up in that business.
If so is there a chance that I could have access to the Units to come in the Master Set so I could make some fun figure based scenarios like in the SOTM and DND set? If not, sadness but fine.

I'd do the play testing if I had the time and sometimes it's hard to find opponents.

Heroscaper Guy March 19th, 2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralRolando (Post 1784072)
For the map contest are you looking for scenario based maps at all? I'd be all up in that business.

I'd do the play testing if I had the time and sometimes it's hard to find opponents.

You can do a solo playtest. Doing this eliminates differing skill levels, and if you do it using this method http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=39769, you don't even have to set up or tear down maps.

Balantai March 19th, 2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

If so is there a chance that I could have access to the Units to come in the Master Set so I could make some fun figure based scenarios like in the SOTM and DND set? If not, sadness but fine.

After our release, we'll have a community section that will allow you to create whatever scenarios you'd like to share with the community. There's a lot of potential with scenarios and HoSS. I look forward to what you can create.

Balantai March 19th, 2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy (Post 1784079)
Quote:

You can do a solo playtest. Doing this eliminates differing skill levels, and if you do it using this method http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=39769, you don't even have to set up or tear down maps.

Thanks, HS Guy. You took the words right out of my mouth. When I playtest, I only play solo. It completely takes away strategic advantage of one player over another. It's easy to know what the other guy is thinking when you are the other guy. :D

GeneralRolando March 19th, 2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1784082)
Quote:

After our release, we'll have a community section that will allow you to create whatever scenarios you'd like to share with the community. There's a lot of potential with scenarios and HoSS. I look forward to what you can create.

So then for the contest would tournament maps be better?

Heroscaper Guy March 19th, 2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralRolando (Post 1784090)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1784082)
Quote:

So then for the contest would tournament maps be better?

Probably, as they want balanced maps.

Balantai March 19th, 2013 01:23 PM

We will be releasing the rules for our map contest in the next couple of days in a separate thread (we'll put a link here). I believe we may be looking for some competitive and casual maps, but don't hold me to that.

Porkins March 19th, 2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Well, it's Episode 4, so you should be able to make some guesses about who will be in it and be pretty close. So how about if you cook up a map and scenario with that in mind, and if it looks good, we'll consider giving you a peek at the units for inclusion in the scenario. A fan created scenario in our Master Set would definitely be a cool addition.

Edit: There are some hints if you look in the Welcome to HoSS Thread

XDVincent March 19th, 2013 07:16 PM

I'm willing to do the map design. I don't have time to playtest.