Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred August 30th, 2016 06:12 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Good energy guys. I look forward to reading these once I get off work

I don't think I want "telepathic" or "telekinetic" in power names for flavor reasons (it's never spelled out that way)

Confred August 30th, 2016 10:23 PM

Interesting thoughts.

I like Fearful as personality.

Experiment is interesting as class.

I like running the risk of nosebleeds at the end of turn.

I was thinking 3 Life, but due to the self-harming, perhaps 4 is better.

She's a tricky character to get right because she has a toolbox of powers that each take up wordspace. I think it may be easy to get caught and sidetracked by peripheral powers.
They key, and perhaps fun, is to sort and find the right combination.

What is her role, what does she do, how does she play?

She's a tag-along and her band moves as a pod.
The trip is precarious and her worth is uncertain.

Confred August 30th, 2016 10:59 PM

First Draft:

ELEVEN
ULLAR

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
EXPERIMENT
FEARFUL
SMALL 3

LIFE 3
MOVE 5 (4?)
RANGE 1
ATTACK 1
DEFENSE 2
POINTS 20?

DARK VISION
After revealing an order marker on this card and before taking any turns, El may deal 1 damage to herself to look at a random unrevealed order marker on any enemy Army Card. If she is on a water space, she may instead take no damage and look at all order markers on any one card.

ADVENTURER BONDING
Before taking a turn with El, you may take a turn with any Adventurer or Young Hero you control.

PSYCHOKINESIS
If El or any friendly figure adjacent to El is attacked, she may deal 1 damage to herself to roll 5 defense dice to block the attack. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. For each shield rolled, you may place the attacking figure 1 space away from the space it previously occupied. It is never attacked with leaving engagement attacks.

Edit: She's probably Vydar. Edit2: But I do like the mystical aspects of Ullar.

Confred August 31st, 2016 12:36 PM

Her bonding doesn't work as intended.
She doesn't sit atop the ivory tower and give orders. She's in the thick of it. However, she still is the guide and a similar power makes sense.

ADVENTURER BANDING
Before taking a turn with El, you may take a turn with any adjacent Adventurer or Young Hero you control.

MOVE 4: She always seems to be holding everybody back. Whether its her panic attacks, physical inability, or intentional misleading, she impedes as much as she helps. This may also keep her points down. (The only time she doesn't get in the way is when she's being carried around.)
She's powerful, but her worth is often put into question.

JC McMinis September 1st, 2016 09:43 AM

Was thinking of using this image of 11 for the card. Thoughts?

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160819165637

Confred September 1st, 2016 09:54 AM

Looks good so far

McHotcakes September 1st, 2016 11:49 AM

I think that image is a good representation of her. I'm at loss for what to do about a figure for her though.

Dysole September 1st, 2016 02:53 PM

Binge Over

Um...I think it's less the water and more the sensory deprivation tank that gave her powers. If it was just water, they wouldn't have needed all that set up in the gymnasium. It'd feel like a theme break to me to give her a bonus in water.

You could represent the nose bleeds with rolling an unblockable attack die against her a la Eltahale. It might not be a terrible idea to use powers similar to C3G's Jean Grey or Manchester Black for telekinesis. More thoughts later.

~Dysole, who does agree that she should be relatively fragile

Confred September 1st, 2016 09:05 PM

@Dysole I don't want the throw to be like Jean Grey or Magneto though

I'll have to look at Eltahale

I wouldn't go so far as to say water alone would be a theme break. I could change opinion, but I think it's close enough to work. However, I did consider limiting it to blue water, thinking swamp water would be distracting and not work.
I think something is better than nothing on this one.

Confred September 1st, 2016 09:07 PM

DARK VISION
After revealing an order marker on this card and before taking any turns, El may deal 1 damage to herself to look at a random unrevealed order marker on any enemy Army Card. If she is on a blue or salt water space, she may instead take no damage and look at all order markers on any one card.

PSYCHOKINESIS
f El or any friendly figure adjacent to El is attacked, she may deal 1 damage to herself to roll 5 defense dice to block the attack. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. For each shield rolled, if the attacking figure is small, medium or large, you may place the attacking figure 1 space away from the space it previously occupied. It is never attacked with leaving engagement attacks.

JC McMinis September 4th, 2016 11:24 PM

Just something that makes it sound more official
PSYCHOKINESIS
If El or any friendly figure adjacent to El is attacked, she may deal 1 damage to herself to roll 5 defense dice to block the attack. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. For each shield rolled, if the attacking figure is small, medium or large, you may place the attacking figure 1 space away from the space it previously occupied.When a figure is moved with Psychokinesis, if it is enaged, it will not take leaving engagement attacks.

Also with it are we not putting it that if she is on a water space she can prevent the damage with Pyschokenisis?

JC McMinis September 4th, 2016 11:35 PM

Also what about this for a mini...Figure a member of power pack would do. Only thing I could think of.

http://940ee6dce6677fa01d25-0f55c912...res/215147.jpg

Edit also here is the 1st draft of the card with the chosen image
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psg2cptovj.jpg