Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Satanus (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=47242)

Tornado December 13th, 2012 10:00 AM

The Book of Satanus

The Book of Satanus

C3G 2000 AD PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 11
HUNTERS AND HELLIONS

The figure used here is a repainted 1$ toy T-Rex available only from Walmart(out of stock).
Use the same painting tutorial as above.

Character Bio - Satanus was originally slain in an epic ten hour battle when he challenges his Mother for leadership. He is resurrected millions of years later by scientists who clone him for the Dinosaur National Park in Mega-City One. After developing a taste for human flesh he escapes during the Atomic Wars into the Cursed Earth, where he becomes the leader of his own tyrannosaur pack.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Satanus is a double-based figure.
  • Satanus is an Event Hero and follows Event Hero rules.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by *Scapemage* updates by japes

2021-02-20 - Removed Tiny Restriction to Chomp Frenzy

Tornado December 13th, 2012 10:01 AM

Re: The Book of Spawn (Playtesting Phase)

NAME = SATANUS

SPECIES = Dinosaur
UNIQUENESS = Event Hero
CLASS = Devourer
PERSONALITY = Ferocious

SIZE/HEIGHT = Huge 12 (double hex)

LIFE = 9

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 350

CHOMPING FRENZY 12
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Satanus, you may move Satanus up to 5 spaces. Each time Satanus enters a space, as long as he is on a space where he may end his movement, you may choose an adjacent figure. If the chosen figure has only one Life remaining, destroy it. Otherwise, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 2 from the roll if the chosen figure has the Super Strength special power. If you roll 12 or higher, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds. Satanus cannot choose the same figure more than once and will take any leaving engagement attacks when using this special power.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Tornado December 13th, 2012 10:01 AM

Re: The Book of Spawn (Design Phase)

Satanus Initial Playtest Design
Spoiler Alert!

Satanus 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Playtest design(Public)
Spoiler Alert!

Art: card

Art: background

Art: figure

Tornado December 13th, 2012 10:09 AM

Fairly straightforward. I have done quite a few playtests already and I will post some of the results. My thoughts so far is that Satanus is fairly solid. I would like to see his Life increased to 9 and perhaps drop his Defense to 6. I also could see his Move bumped up to 7. He is a bruiser but is limited in his movement. The best comparison to him is Laufey who crushes Satanus head to head.
Let me hear your thoughts. I will get figure pics and links up soon and we can discuss that aspect of the design.

EDIT: He will have synergy with the Dumutef Guards from 'classic'. That is all I can think of off the top of my head.

Gurei-Ornery December 13th, 2012 10:16 AM

What do you think about upping his movement and adding a negative climbing power that makes height moves cost double or triple. T-Rex are fast in a straight line on level ground, but I never pictured them being able to climb well due to long strides and tiny arms.

Tornado December 13th, 2012 10:22 AM

Re: The Book of Satanus (Design Phase)

He climbs up a church with no problem in the comics and then leaps on a tank and eats it. :)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...8laso1_500.jpg
This is part of the reason I want to increase his movement. He has proven to be extremely agile for his size(in comics). Plus he is going to take some damage from range in most battles just trying to close in.

ibechief December 13th, 2012 10:32 AM

I'm in favor of keeping his range to 6. Anything more and you will lose the negatives for being double based. Also It is not thematic for a dino to be moving on the same scale as super-sonic flyers.

Unless you provide a power to augment movement I'd be in favor of keeping it low to mid. He is a dinosaur not a cheetah.

SirGalahad December 13th, 2012 10:36 AM

Why an Event Hero?

ibechief December 13th, 2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1729839)
Why an Event Hero?

This might be to help explain the figures size in relation to other figures.

I might lean away from Event Hero because the points are low. But I'm still not sure that there is a points floor to Event Hero status.

IAmBatman December 13th, 2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1729839)
Why an Event Hero?

I was kind of wondering this also, but I don't know the character well enough to say one way or another. :-)

I like the design in general, right now, and I hope we stick to the one text power here.

Smithy Winfred December 13th, 2012 11:01 AM

Why not give him Giant Reach off of Giant Man, he seems to be able to extend up to grab at things as well as being very large. That would give him a bit more threat range, and incentivize use of his normal attack more.

If you were to up the life to 9 (which I would like) I could easily see him as an Event Hero. I see no reason why this guy shouldn't be duking it out with Supes and Thor, and it would make a cool battle if you wanted to do the Judges (vs) Satanus. Also, I feel that after Playtesting he'll be at least 380 points.

I'm not a fan of the species, Dinosaur sounds kinda Cheezy, maybe Tyranasaur or Raptor. And Is he an actual Tyrannasaurus Rex? He looks like some sort of Mutant dinosaur.

johnny139 December 13th, 2012 11:05 AM

I'd like to see the exact figure decided upon before anything else.