Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Fan Art & Fiction (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Dilmir: A Tale of Feylund (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56072)

TGRF August 15th, 2019 11:27 AM

Dilmir: A Tale of Feylund

Greetings, readers and writers. This is my repost of Dilmir, as promised in my blog. If you haven't been following the blog, make sure to check it every now and then, as I use it to update you on where I am with my writing. I will continue to work on Let Go, the first installment of my infinite (and final) fan fiction series while I post Dilmir. All further information can be found in the Introduction, below.

Introduction
Spoiler Alert!

A note on posting:
Spoiler Alert!
Obligatory copyright paragraph:
Spoiler Alert!
And now, on with the tale! Chapter One has been posted. In this chapter, the tale of Dilmir opens as plots are formed and allies are found in the shadows...

~TGRF.

TGRF August 15th, 2019 11:30 AM

Re: Dilmir: A Tale of Feylund

@BiggaBullfrog @TheAverageFan @hose @Tornado @Sylvano the Wasabus @William099

The repost of Dilmir is now live!

~TGRF.

TheAverageFan August 16th, 2019 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend
Also, the combat in this tale, which occurs frequently, is related in its entirety, blow by blow. It had not yet occurred to me that such a form of telling is hard to follow.

So far so good TGRF, save for one instance of "wait, who's talking right now?" with that end paragraph. Otherwise an intriguing start.

I must admit, for all the mention of Dilmir, I never really knew anything about it, so I will be very interested in checking out one of your cornerstone fics. Certainly if Sonic.exe is getting a remaster, why shouldn't this?

~TAF

TGRF August 16th, 2019 12:41 PM

Good to hear from you, TAF. Chapter 2 is now live!

~TGRF.

TGRF August 16th, 2019 12:51 PM

@William099 Knew I was forgetting someone.

~TGRF.

TGRF August 17th, 2019 01:16 PM

Chapter Three - Tales of Darkness is now live! The mystery of Dilmir grows as the story of ancient enemy is revealed.

~TGRF.

TGRF August 18th, 2019 12:12 PM

Chapter Four - To Form a Spell is now live! The mysterious magic which defines the elves is seen for the first time, and part of the mystery of Dilmir begins to become clearer...

Also, I have added the glossary to the menu on the site. However, I have hidden it because 1) it is not super necessary yet, and 2) there are a few spoilers in it. I'll unhide it when the Elvish starts coming thick and fast. :twisted:

~TGRF, still intending to post the map.

TGRF August 18th, 2019 02:34 PM

The map of Eld'rin is now live!

~TGRF.

TheAverageFan August 18th, 2019 10:02 PM

I am keeping up-to-date, even if I don't comment.

For the map's quadrants, which way is "forward" and "backward"? I assume it means east and west since there's no referral to that but there is for north and south.

~TAF

TGRF August 19th, 2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAverageFan (Post 2306336)
I am keeping up-to-date, even if I don't comment.

For the map's quadrants, which way is "forward" and "backward"? I assume it means east and west since there's no referral to that but there is for north and south.

~TAF

I'll edit that. Front is where the gate is, back is where the keep is.

~TGRF.

TGRF August 19th, 2019 01:01 PM

Chapter Five - Blood Raid is now live! Plans come to fruition, and enemies are revealed.

~TGRF.

TGRF August 19th, 2019 01:04 PM

Spoiler for previous chapter:
Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF.

TGRF August 20th, 2019 10:37 AM

Chapter Six - The Reasoning of an Archmage is now live!

~TGRF.

TGRF August 22nd, 2019 01:11 PM

Chapter Seven - Changes is now live! After the actions of Alfimir, Dilmir tries to return to his normal life, but finds that doing so will be much harder than before - if indeed it is even possible anymore.

~TGRF.

TGRF August 23rd, 2019 01:11 PM

Chapter Eight - Unseen Suspicions is now live! As Dilmir struggles with his magic, plots form in the shadows and darkness. Soon, everything is bound to come to a head...

~TGRF.

EDIT: Also, concerning BaoP, I've opted to work more on the stakes, since I discovered that they were lacking definition. Once they are more firmly in place, I will create the chapter outline and then begin writing.

TGRF August 24th, 2019 01:03 PM

Chapter Nine - A Dark Duel is now live! Dilmir's power threatens to undo all he has done in his time at Eld'rin, and external forces of darkness move closer. One can only speculate what will happen next....

~TGRF.

TGRF August 25th, 2019 12:05 PM

Chapter Ten - Blade of Shadow, Elf of Darkness is now live! The unseen becomes real as Dilmir is forced once more to use his magic to defend himself. Will he determine who his enemies truly are in time?

~TGRF.

TGRF August 26th, 2019 01:14 PM

Chapter Eleven - A Lack of Sleep is now live! Dilmir begins to guess just how far the council will go to have him banished. With all of Eld'rin against him, can he even continue the life he has lived until now?

~TGRF.

TGRF August 28th, 2019 07:56 PM

I seem to have briefly forgotten about this. The real question is, O silent viewers... Have you?

~TGRF.

TGRF August 30th, 2019 02:33 PM

So....

~TGRF.

Elven Lord August 30th, 2019 02:45 PM

EL slowly peeks around the door, his eyes following the example of his nose, he takes in his surroundings and creeps into the room pretending, for all the world, that he'd been there the whole time.

TGRF August 30th, 2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elven Lord (Post 2310404)
EL slowly peeks around the door, his eyes following the example of his nose, he takes in his surroundings and creeps into the room pretending, for all the world, that he'd been there the whole time.

*TGRF spews nonexistent coffee which he does not drink all over the screen.*

~TGRF.

Elven Lord August 30th, 2019 06:31 PM

Hahaha, how are you, my friend?

TGRF August 30th, 2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elven Lord (Post 2310468)
Hahaha, how are you, my friend?

About the same as I was last time you asked. ;) Move to Idaho; otherwise, not much new.

~TGRF.

William099 September 17th, 2019 05:45 AM

Found it!

William099 September 17th, 2019 05:47 AM

Sorry for the silence! As I'm sure you'll see from other posts earth (and azeroth) has kept me away from Valhalla...

TGRF September 17th, 2019 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 2314128)
Sorry for the silence! As I'm sure you'll see from other posts earth (and azeroth) has kept me away from Valhalla...

*TGRF returns to wakefullness with several sounds reminiscent of a rhinoceros in need of medical attention*

So, about this... It seems that I need input to keep me interested in posting. Which is really messed up, considering that TAF was able to plow through an entire fan fiction with basically zero comments.

Passing over that though, is there interest in me continuing this? I kind of assumed there wasn't when I forgot to post for a few days and no one complained. ;)

~TGRF.

TGRF September 17th, 2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 2314128)

Earth comes first mate. Azeroth has nothing on a degree and marriage. Or my fan fiction. ;)

~TGRF.

William099 September 17th, 2019 11:28 PM

Yes there is interest!

TheAverageFan September 18th, 2019 09:01 AM

Silent Readers

Quote:

So, about this... It seems that I need input to keep me interested in posting. Which is really messed up, considering that TAF was able to plow through an entire fan fiction with basically zero comments.

No comments =/= inactivity. Apparently TMHW and Book of TheAverageFan are very popular with Guests.

~TAF, who has admittedly fallen a bit behind on this one but is still keeping up

TGRF September 18th, 2019 03:35 PM

On with the chapters then.

If you follow the 3-act structure, there's a point half way through a story (referred to as the midpoint). The midpoint is usually a big twist, or a turning point, where things change. It's usually what everything before it has been building up to, and everything after it is irrevocably changed, as the protagonist races towards the climax, unable to stop their approaching doom.

The 3-act structure was never something I used until very recently. Despite this, Dilmir has that midpoint, the moment which changes everything. And it's in this chapter.

I give you: Chapter Twelve - A Red Sun

~TGRF.

William099 September 18th, 2019 06:29 PM

Apparently I hadn't yet subscribed. A fatal oversight on my part!

TGRF September 19th, 2019 11:00 AM

Chapter Thirteen - Are You? is now live.

~TGRF.

TGRF September 20th, 2019 01:23 PM

Chapter Fourteen - The Chill of a Cell is now live! Also, because chapter 14 is very short, I've also posted Chapter Fifteen - Banishment. No longer able to hide it, the mystery surrounding Dilmir finally is revealed.

~TGRF.

TGRF September 21st, 2019 01:47 PM

Chapter Sixteen - Bloodline is now live! I will also be releasing the glossary along with the next chapter, most likely tomorrow.

~TGRF.

William099 September 21st, 2019 06:22 PM

Man I forgot how much I love these stories :)

TheAverageFan September 21st, 2019 09:34 PM

Okay--I'm finally all caught up, and I can say with certainty that things are getting interesting now.

Spoiler Alert!

~TAF

TGRF September 22nd, 2019 08:51 PM

Sorry about the delay. Chapter Seventeen - A Familiar Tale is now live! The shadowy tale of Eltuthar the black is finally uncovered, as Dilmir continues his banishment.

~TGRF.

TGRF September 23rd, 2019 03:14 PM

Chapter Eighteen - The Choice has been Made is now live! Dilmir's banishment continues, but his troubles are far from ended.

Also, as promised, the Glossary is now public, and can be found at the top of the drop down for the fan fiction. I withheld it until now because there was a spoiler to the fact that Dilmir eventually met up with Eltuthar. I don't think any other spoilers can be ascertained from it now.

When I first posted this, I remember there being some confusion about who was who and such, so if something isn't clear, don't hesitate to ask.

~TGRF.

William099 September 23rd, 2019 03:46 PM

Such a great chapter title!

TheAverageFan September 23rd, 2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

When I first posted this, I remember there being some confusion about who was who and such, so if something isn't clear, don't hesitate to ask.

I'll admit I was mildly confused at first because I thought the character of Felnir was Felmir. I mean, n and m are pretty close as far as letters go.

~TAF

TGRF September 23rd, 2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAverageFan (Post 2315663)
Quote:

I'll admit I was mildly confused at first because I thought the character of Felnir was Felmir. I mean, n and m are pretty close as far as letters go.

~TAF

Bigga had the exact same issue. My naming conventions weren't particularly developed at the time. ;)

~TGRF.

TGRF September 24th, 2019 11:27 AM

Chapter Nineteen - Tidings is now live! Things switch to Ilrin, and the full scale of the fate approaching Dilmir begins to be unraveled.

~TGRF.

William099 September 24th, 2019 06:53 PM

Woot woot! Ilrin is such a great character :)

TGRF September 25th, 2019 01:38 PM

Chapter Twenty - Treason is now live! Ilrin comes to a decision about what she must do, but will she succeed in time?

~TGRF.

TGRF September 26th, 2019 01:48 PM

Chapter Twenty-One - Approach is now live! The Great Forest beyond the Ans Aras is no place for an elf to wander...

~TGRF.

TGRF September 27th, 2019 12:50 PM

Chapter Twenty-Two - The Work of Eltuthar is now live! Ilrin comes face to face with the dreaded Eltuthar the Black.

~TGRF.

TGRF September 28th, 2019 05:05 PM

Chapter Twenty-Three - The Nature of Magic is now live! The great secret of Eltuthar's mysterious power is finally laid bare.

~TGRF.