Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Stephen Baker the inventor of Hero Quest and Hero Scape (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=11759)

legolasbaker September 1st, 2007 02:41 PM

Stephen Baker the inventor of Hero Quest and Hero Scape
 
Hi everyone,
I'm a great fan of boardgame Hero Quest (my site in sign)
I would like to know if TODAY Stephen Baker (the inventor of Hero Quest and Hero Scape) is working on the espansions of Hero Scape. Can you tell me ? It's a simple curiosity :wink:

Malechi September 1st, 2007 03:19 PM

Re: Stephen Baker the inventor of Hero Quest and Hero Scape
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by legolasbaker
Hi everyone,
I'm a great fan of boardgame Hero Quest (my site in sign)
I would like to know if TODAY Stephen Baker (the inventor of Hero Quest and Hero Scape) is working on the espansions of Hero Scape. Can you tell me ? It's a simple curiosity :wink:

No, Stephen Baker only worked on the conceptual design.



Oh, and I hate your website. The fact that it lies claiming to be an official HeroQuest website simply to garner traffic when it is so obviously not even slightly related to Hasbro/Milton Bradley is very disturbing. Too bad International Law precludes you from being sued over it.

If that came off strong, be advised that this is a long standing argument with legolasbaker from other websites,
Malechi

legolasbaker September 1st, 2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

No, Stephen Baker only worked on the conceptual design
What do you mean with "conceptual design" ?

Sorry for my poor English :D

Quote:

Oh, and I hate your website. The fact that it lies claiming to be an official HeroQuest website simply to garner traffic when it is so obviously not even slightly related to Hasbro/Milton Bradley is very disturbing. Too bad International Law precludes you from being sued over it.
I don't understand your hate. Maybe it is envy, not hate. Hate is a word that you can use with an enemy, I'm not your enemy, but, like you, I'm a fan of Hero Quest.

I have directly asked Hasbro.uk the official permission for my site and Kevin James, business manager of Hasbro, has given me the official permission for my site.

Also you can ask Hasbro.uk the official permission for your site of Hero Quest :wink:

Sorry everyone for off-topic

Billtog September 1st, 2007 03:59 PM

:popcorn:

ninthdoc September 1st, 2007 04:05 PM

legolas, I thought you were gone for good when you left in a huff over this same sort of thing last year. I have no idea where you're from or what language you speak as a first language, but you seem to keep rubbing folks the wrong way. I'm not offended, I'm just making an observation.

mrbistro September 1st, 2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legolasbaker
Quote:

No, Stephen Baker only worked on the conceptual design
What do you mean with "conceptual design" ?

Stephen Baker was only one of three men who designed Heroscape. In fact the idea for the hex terrain was his. He is not involved in the continual development of Heroscape. Of course he might still be a part of it but Hasbro hides this fact, as Mr. Baker seems to have an internet stalker.

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninthdoc
legolas, I thought you were gone for good when you left in a huff over this same sort of thing last year. I have no idea where you're from or what language you speak as a first language, but you seem to keep rubbing folks the wrong way. I'm not offended, I'm just making an observation.

I can really see how his question about Stephen Baker and his involvement with HeroScape might really rub some people the wrong way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malechi
Oh, and I hate your website. The fact that it lies claiming to be an official HeroQuest website simply to garner traffic when it is so obviously not even slightly related to Hasbro/Milton Bradley is very disturbing. Too bad International Law precludes you from being sued over it.

This is a very strong statement and about as aggressive and offensive as anything I've ever seen on this sight. I am wondering if you have any evidence you would like to share which supports your assertions or if you are just spouting hatred based on third hand gossip or some other similarly solid source.

There really is a lot of great information on this sight and also some great people but I find it hard to stomach all the rude posts and hatred spewed by so many members of this sight. There are very few threads which aren't full of posts tearing down other posts for poor spelling and grammer or negative remarks about where they live or the nature of their 'stupid' questions. Really is too bad.

Joah September 1st, 2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbistro
Of course he might still be a part of it but Hasbro hides this fact, as Mr. Baker seems to have an internet stalker.

LOL!

ninthdoc September 1st, 2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirikr
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninthdoc
legolas, I thought you were gone for good when you left in a huff over this same sort of thing last year. I have no idea where you're from or what language you speak as a first language, but you seem to keep rubbing folks the wrong way. I'm not offended, I'm just making an observation.

I can really see how his question about Stephen Baker and his involvement with HeroScape might really rub some people the wrong way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malechi
Oh, and I hate your website. The fact that it lies claiming to be an official HeroQuest website simply to garner traffic when it is so obviously not even slightly related to Hasbro/Milton Bradley is very disturbing. Too bad International Law precludes you from being sued over it.

This is a very strong statement and about as aggressive and offensive as anything I've ever seen on this sight. I am wondering if you have any evidence you would like to share which supports your assertions or if you are just spouting hatred based on third hand gossip or some other similarly solid source.

There really is a lot of great information on this sight and also some great people but I find it hard to stomach all the rude posts and hatred spewed by so many members of this sight. There are very few threads which aren't full of posts tearing down other posts for poor spelling and grammer or negative remarks about where they live or the nature of their 'stupid' questions. Really is too bad.

Sir, you have not been a registered member of this site long enough to remember the trouble that legolasbaker made of himself the last him he posted here. He's unnaturally obsessed with Stephen Baker. So thank you for your opinions; they are uninformed and thus without merit.

I absolutely hate it when someone jumps on someone else without knowing the facts.

NecroBlade September 1st, 2007 05:29 PM

:popcorn:

ninthdoc September 1st, 2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade
:popcorn:

I wouldn't eat that; I peed in it.

NecroBlade September 1st, 2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade
:popcorn:

I wouldn't eat that; I peed in it.

If you look closely, you'll see I'm clearly throwing it everywhere, rather than eating it. :P

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Sir, you have not been a registered member of this site long enough to remember the trouble that legolasbaker made of himself the last him he posted here. He's unnaturally obsessed with Stephen Baker. So thank you for your opinions; they are uninformed and thus without merit.

I absolutely hate it when someone jumps on someone else without knowing the facts.

If you are going to make vague and negative comments about someone in a public forum you ought to back them up or keep your mouth shut. But then this sight seems to be crowed with people who are much more interested in pointing out other peoples' shortcomings than they are in enjoying the game and helping others to get more out of their experiences in the game and in this community.

Again, there are certainly some who are great but there are many aggressive posters who seem to have the support of some of the sight administrators and who are very rude and degrading towards other posters, many of whom are likely children.[

Onacara September 1st, 2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirikr
There are very few threads which aren't full of posts tearing down other posts for poor spelling and grammer or negative remarks about where they live or the nature of their 'stupid' questions. Really is too ba.


Mr. Gorbachov....tear down that Grammer!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4...r_la_getty.jpg

RichardD September 1st, 2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legolasbaker
I have directly asked Hasbro.uk the official permission for my site and Kevin James, business manager of Hasbro, has given me the official permission for my site.

Really? I seriously doubt that.

Fact is, I was demonstrating Heroscape at the UK's biggest boardgames event this summer, and was the *only* Hasbro representative in the halls, yet the gits still refuse to acknowledge a single email of mine. Yet you say they've not only returned your emails, but given you permission to use their intellectual property? I have *serious* doubts.

Onacara September 1st, 2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardD
Quote:

Originally Posted by legolasbaker
I have directly asked Hasbro.uk the official permission for my site and Kevin James, business manager of Hasbro, has given me the official permission for my site.

Really? I seriously doubt that.

Fact is, I was demonstrating Heroscape at the UK's biggest boardgames event this summer, and was the *only* Hasbro representative in the halls, yet the gits still refuse to acknowledge a single email of mine. Yet you say they've not only returned your emails, but given you permission to use their intellectual property? I call bull****.



OMG...how did that not get auto censored? :ponder:

RichardD September 1st, 2007 05:46 PM

You'll see that I censored it myself literally as soon as I'd hit the "submit" button.

Could you do us all a favour and edit your post to remove my needlessly offensive choice of words?

ninthdoc September 1st, 2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirikr
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Sir, you have not been a registered member of this site long enough to remember the trouble that legolasbaker made of himself the last him he posted here. He's unnaturally obsessed with Stephen Baker. So thank you for your opinions; they are uninformed and thus without merit.

I absolutely hate it when someone jumps on someone else without knowing the facts.

If you are going to make vague and negative comments about someone in a public forum you ought to back them up or keep your mouth shut. But then this sight seems to be crowed with people who are much more interested in pointing out other peoples' shortcomings than they are in enjoying the game and helping others to get more out of their experiences in the game and in this community.

Again, there are certainly some who are great but there are many aggressive posters who seem to have the support of some of the sight administrators and who are very rude and degrading towards other posters, many of whom are likely children.[

There is nothing vague about it. Click his profile button and find all 7 of his posts. You can do that research on your own. I'll acknowledge my comments are negative, but that's not much of your business, now, is it?

Incidentally, my mouth is not moving, but thanks for being so rude. For the love of God! It's site, not sight! :roll:

Check the sig line, laughingboy.

http://blogs.venturacountystar.com/v...Down-arrow.gif

ninthdoc September 1st, 2007 05:53 PM

Going to PM.

Billtog September 1st, 2007 05:55 PM

The good folk of this site don't get angry without reason. I've learned that when Malechi or ninthdoc post like that, there is some serious business going on.

Eirikr, the majority of what you will find in these forums are people asking questions and getting them answered. You have grossly exaggerated the amount of flaming that goes on.

nerdyninja September 1st, 2007 05:56 PM

:fencing:
sums it up good no?

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninthdoc
There is nothing vague about it. Click his profile button and find all 7 of his posts. You can do that research on your own. I'll acknowledge my comments are negative, but that's not much of your business, now, is it?

Incidentally, my mouth is not moving, but thanks for being so rude. For the love of God! It's site, not sight! :roll:

Check the sig line, laughingboy.

http://blogs.venturacountystar.com/v...Down-arrow.gif

Once again the mistaken use of the wrong word seems to be overwhelmingly important to you and you can't help insulting me for my mistake. I find it hard to imagine that you haven't the intelligence to figure out my meaning.

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billtog
The good folk of this site don't get angry without reason. I've learned that when Malechi or ninthdoc post like that, there is some serious business going on.

Eirikr, the majority of what you will find in these forums are people asking questions and getting them answered. You have grossly exaggerated the amount of flaming that goes on.

In almost every case where someone makes a mistake in their post there is a reply by at least 3 or 4 others flaming them for poor spelling and often more than once from the same person. I have certainly not read the majority of the threads on this site but I have read a great deal of those posted in the last 6 months in a number of forums and this goes on far too often to make it possible to read all the threads I would otherwise be interested in. It is just to time consuming to wade through all the bile.

Billtog September 1st, 2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirikr
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billtog
The good folk of this site don't get angry without reason. I've learned that when Malechi or ninthdoc post like that, there is some serious business going on.

Eirikr, the majority of what you will find in these forums are people asking questions and getting them answered. You have grossly exaggerated the amount of flaming that goes on.

In almost every case where someone makes a mistake in their post there is a reply by at least 3 or 4 others flaming them for poor spelling and often more than once from the same person. I have certainly not read the majority of the threads on this site but I have read a great deal of those posted in the last 6 months in a number of forums and this goes on far too often to make it possible to read all the threads I would otherwise be interested in. It is just to time consuming to wade through all the bile.

Note the difference between flaming and correcting. Flaming incurs a direct insult.

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 06:04 PM

Yes and when one has been corrected already, the next three corrections for the same mistake are surely insulting.

Billtog September 1st, 2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirikr
Yes and when one has been corrected already, the next three corrections for the same mistake are surely insulting.

This forum is in real time, you know. Multiple corrections are usually posted seconds apart, the author of each not seeing the others.

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 06:07 PM

your point?

Onacara September 1st, 2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirikr
Yes and when one has been corrected already, the next three corrections for the same mistake are surely insulting.

This forum is in real time, you know. Multiple corrections are usually posted seconds apart, the author of each not seeing the others.

brickman1444 September 1st, 2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirikr
Yes and when one has been corrected already, the next three corrections for the same mistake are surely insulting.

This forum is in real time, you know. Multiple corrections are usually posted seconds apart, the author of each not seeing the others.

Billtog September 1st, 2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirikr
your point?

My point being that the reason you see multiple corrections is because several people are on the "Post a reply" screen at the same time before ANY are posted.

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 06:13 PM

Well it is obvious to me from reading the threads, and from the fact that the posters often comment on earlier posts concerning the same mistake, that that is not always the case although I agree that overlapping posts probably make the problem seem worse than it is. I just wish people would be a little more friendly and at least address the person's origional post as well as correcting it, if they can't hold themselves back from pointing out their mistakes.

rdhight September 1st, 2007 06:13 PM

"Grammar" is spelled with an A. "Sight" is not the same as "site." Canada sucks.

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdhight
"Grammar" is spelled with an A. "Sight" is not the same as "site." Canada sucks.

Again a post that is simply insulting and adds nothing to the site or the thread.

Adding the little prejudiced remark which demonstrates your hatred and ignorance. Thank you for not leading me to think that there is any intelligence behind your statement.

Ultarium September 1st, 2007 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirikr
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billtog
The good folk of this site don't get angry without reason. I've learned that when Malechi or ninthdoc post like that, there is some serious business going on.

Eirikr, the majority of what you will find in these forums are people asking questions and getting them answered. You have grossly exaggerated the amount of flaming that goes on.

In almost every case where someone makes a mistake in their post there is a reply by at least 3 or 4 others flaming them for poor spelling and often more than once from the same person. I have certainly not read the majority of the threads on this site but I have read a great deal of those posted in the last 6 months in a number of forums and this goes on far too often to make it possible to read all the threads I would otherwise be interested in. It is just to time consuming to wade through all the bile.

Amen brother Amen!

RichardD September 1st, 2007 06:17 PM

Technically speaking, the question should have been "WHat is your point?"

:D

Ultarium September 1st, 2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardD
Technically speaking, the question should have been "WHat is your point?"

:D

Thats freaking hilarious!

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardD
Technically speaking, the question should have been "WHat is your point?"

:D

I don't know why the h should be capitalized in the word what but clearly you understood my meaning and you probably also gathered that my intent was to use a conversational voice in my post.

RichardD September 1st, 2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardD
Technically speaking, the question should have been "WHat is your point?"

:D

Though without the capitalalized "H", obviously. I never have got the hang of this particular keyboard's ability to hang onto the Shift keypresses.

brickman1444 September 1st, 2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdhight
"Grammar" is spelled with an A. "Sight" is not the same as "site." Canada sucks.

Hey now, :dnfnoob: .

RichardD September 1st, 2007 06:21 PM

And you don't know "why" the H was capitalized, not "what". But I forgive you (so long as nobody takes issue with my starting a sentence with "and", and then starting the next sentence with "but").

RichardD September 1st, 2007 06:22 PM

Is it time to mention WW2 and Adolf Hitler yet? Please tell me it is. I love it when threads head off in that direction! :lol:

rdhight September 1st, 2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardD
Is it time to mention WW2 and Adolf Hitler yet? Please tell me it is. I love it when threads head off in that direction! :lol:

Yes; the time has come to unleash our ultimate weapon. Ultarium, you're up.

NecroBlade September 1st, 2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirikr
I just wish people would be a little more friendly and at least address the person's origional post as well as correcting it, if they can't hold themselves back from pointing out their mistakes.

Most of the time we do address the topic as well as offer corrections. Are you going to back up these statements with evidence like you seem intent on having everyone else do? We correct people to try to make them better posters as well as the site a better place. It's rarely done in a flaming manor, as has been pointed out, and is instead merely instructional. You'll have to excuse us for having standards. :roll:

ninthdoc September 1st, 2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardD
And you don't know "why" the H was capitalized, not "what". But I forgive you (so long as nobody takes issue with my starting a sentence with "and", and then starting the next sentence with "but").

Richard, you are such a long standing and quality contributor here that when someone who has given so much makes a typo it is either overlooked, or we realize that there is a method to your madness.

einiker, or what ever your name is, there is a distinction here that you are missing. Unfortunately, there are cliques here and there is a separation between casual posters and those who are here more frequently. This is not intentional or elitist, it just is the way it is. You might not like what I have to say, but there are better ways of addressing it than starting a flame war with another poster on an open board.

NecroBlade September 1st, 2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninthdoc
You might not like what I have to say, but there are better ways of addressing it than starting a flame war with another poster on an open board.

You'd think someone from Canadia would be more careful with flames: he could melt his whole country right off the planet! :shock:

ninthdoc September 1st, 2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninthdoc
You might not like what I have to say, but there are better ways of addressing it than starting a flame war with another poster on an open board.

You'd think someone from Canadia would be more careful with flames: he could melt his whole country right off the planet! :shock:

:lol:

Onacara September 1st, 2007 06:46 PM

Are sense of humors outlawed in Canada?

http://www.hoffmantalent.com/images/howimandel.jpg

ej September 1st, 2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onacara
Are sense of humors outlawed in Canada?

There's a large French component. It's not so much outlawed as it is... well, unnatural.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.