Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Stephen Baker the inventor of Hero Quest and Hero Scape (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=11759)

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardD
Technically speaking, the question should have been "WHat is your point?"

:D

I don't know why the h should be capitalized in the word what but clearly you understood my meaning and you probably also gathered that my intent was to use a conversational voice in my post.

RichardD September 1st, 2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Technically speaking, the question should have been "WHat is your point?"

:D

Though without the capitalalized "H", obviously. I never have got the hang of this particular keyboard's ability to hang onto the Shift keypresses.

brickman1444 September 1st, 2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdhight
"Grammar" is spelled with an A. "Sight" is not the same as "site." Canada sucks.

Hey now, :dnfnoob: .

RichardD September 1st, 2007 06:21 PM

And you don't know "why" the H was capitalized, not "what". But I forgive you (so long as nobody takes issue with my starting a sentence with "and", and then starting the next sentence with "but").

RichardD September 1st, 2007 06:22 PM

Is it time to mention WW2 and Adolf Hitler yet? Please tell me it is. I love it when threads head off in that direction! :lol:

rdhight September 1st, 2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Is it time to mention WW2 and Adolf Hitler yet? Please tell me it is. I love it when threads head off in that direction! :lol:

Yes; the time has come to unleash our ultimate weapon. Ultarium, you're up.

NecroBlade September 1st, 2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirikr
I just wish people would be a little more friendly and at least address the person's origional post as well as correcting it, if they can't hold themselves back from pointing out their mistakes.

Most of the time we do address the topic as well as offer corrections. Are you going to back up these statements with evidence like you seem intent on having everyone else do? We correct people to try to make them better posters as well as the site a better place. It's rarely done in a flaming manor, as has been pointed out, and is instead merely instructional. You'll have to excuse us for having standards. :roll:

ninthdoc September 1st, 2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

And you don't know "why" the H was capitalized, not "what". But I forgive you (so long as nobody takes issue with my starting a sentence with "and", and then starting the next sentence with "but").

Richard, you are such a long standing and quality contributor here that when someone who has given so much makes a typo it is either overlooked, or we realize that there is a method to your madness.

einiker, or what ever your name is, there is a distinction here that you are missing. Unfortunately, there are cliques here and there is a separation between casual posters and those who are here more frequently. This is not intentional or elitist, it just is the way it is. You might not like what I have to say, but there are better ways of addressing it than starting a flame war with another poster on an open board.

NecroBlade September 1st, 2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninthdoc
You might not like what I have to say, but there are better ways of addressing it than starting a flame war with another poster on an open board.

You'd think someone from Canadia would be more careful with flames: he could melt his whole country right off the planet! :shock:

ninthdoc September 1st, 2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninthdoc
You might not like what I have to say, but there are better ways of addressing it than starting a flame war with another poster on an open board.

You'd think someone from Canadia would be more careful with flames: he could melt his whole country right off the planet! :shock:

:lol:

Onacara September 1st, 2007 06:46 PM

Are sense of humors outlawed in Canada?

http://www.hoffmantalent.com/images/howimandel.jpg

ej September 1st, 2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onacara
Are sense of humors outlawed in Canada?

There's a large French component. It's not so much outlawed as it is... well, unnatural.