Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Stephen Baker the inventor of Hero Quest and Hero Scape (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=11759)

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 06:04 PM

Yes and when one has been corrected already, the next three corrections for the same mistake are surely insulting.

Billtog September 1st, 2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirikr
Yes and when one has been corrected already, the next three corrections for the same mistake are surely insulting.

This forum is in real time, you know. Multiple corrections are usually posted seconds apart, the author of each not seeing the others.

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 06:07 PM

your point?

Onacara September 1st, 2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

This forum is in real time, you know. Multiple corrections are usually posted seconds apart, the author of each not seeing the others.

brickman1444 September 1st, 2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Billtog September 1st, 2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

your point?

My point being that the reason you see multiple corrections is because several people are on the "Post a reply" screen at the same time before ANY are posted.

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 06:13 PM

Well it is obvious to me from reading the threads, and from the fact that the posters often comment on earlier posts concerning the same mistake, that that is not always the case although I agree that overlapping posts probably make the problem seem worse than it is. I just wish people would be a little more friendly and at least address the person's origional post as well as correcting it, if they can't hold themselves back from pointing out their mistakes.

rdhight September 1st, 2007 06:13 PM

"Grammar" is spelled with an A. "Sight" is not the same as "site." Canada sucks.

Eirikr September 1st, 2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdhight
"Grammar" is spelled with an A. "Sight" is not the same as "site." Canada sucks.

Again a post that is simply insulting and adds nothing to the site or the thread.

Adding the little prejudiced remark which demonstrates your hatred and ignorance. Thank you for not leading me to think that there is any intelligence behind your statement.

Ultarium September 1st, 2007 06:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billtog
The good folk of this site don't get angry without reason. I've learned that when Malechi or ninthdoc post like that, there is some serious business going on.

Eirikr, the majority of what you will find in these forums are people asking questions and getting them answered. You have grossly exaggerated the amount of flaming that goes on.

In almost every case where someone makes a mistake in their post there is a reply by at least 3 or 4 others flaming them for poor spelling and often more than once from the same person. I have certainly not read the majority of the threads on this site but I have read a great deal of those posted in the last 6 months in a number of forums and this goes on far too often to make it possible to read all the threads I would otherwise be interested in. It is just to time consuming to wade through all the bile.

Amen brother Amen!

RichardD September 1st, 2007 06:17 PM

Technically speaking, the question should have been "WHat is your point?"

:D

Ultarium September 1st, 2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardD
Technically speaking, the question should have been "WHat is your point?"

:D

Thats freaking hilarious!