Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Scarecrow (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=34784)

Good Pig February 16th, 2011 01:25 PM

The Book of Scarecrow

The Book of Scarecrow

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Icons set.
Its model number and name are #007-009 / Scarecrow.
Its model number and name are #201 / Dr. Jonathan Crane.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman Alpha set.
Its model number and name are #010 / Scarecrow.

NOTE: Scarecrow requries 1x Glyph of Fear Gas
Character Bio - Scarecrow is Dr. Jonathan Crane, a professor of psychology and expert in the psychology of fear, who turns to crime after being fired due to his eccentric behavior. His modus operandi is the adoption of a Scarecrow persona, used to threaten his victims into doing whatever he wants. Scarecrow is eventually defeated by Batman and Robin and sent to Gotham State Penitentiary.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

tcglkn February 16th, 2011 01:33 PM

Re: The Book of Scarecrow - Design

NAME = SCARECROW
SECRET IDENTITY = JONATHAN CRANE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 140

FEAR GAS
Start the game with a Glyph of Fear Gas on this card. After moving and before attacking, you may remove the Glyph of Fear Gas from this card and place it power-side up on an empty space within 5 spaces that is no more than 12 levels above Scarecrow's base. At the end of the round, instead of removing this Glyph of Fear Gas from the game, place it on this card.

MASTER OF FEAR
All figures affected by a Glyph of Fear Gas roll 2 fewer defense dice against Scarecrow.

CRIPPLING TERROR
Immediately after any opponent's numbered Order Marker is revealed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, all figures in clear sight of Scarecrow that are affected by a Glyph of Fear Gas may not move, attack, or use any special power this turn.

Spoiler Alert!

Good Pig February 16th, 2011 01:38 PM

NAME = SCARECROW

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 140

FEAR GAS
Start the game with a Glyph of Fear Gas on this card. After moving and before attacking, you may remove the Glyph of Fear Gas from this card and place it power-side up on an empty space within 5 clear sight spaces that is no more than 12 levels above Scarecrow's base. At the end of the round instead of removing this Glyph of Fear Gas from the game, if possible, place it on this card.

ENHANCED FEAR EFFECT
All figures affected by a Glyph of Fear Gas roll 2 fewer defense dice against Scarecrow.

CRIPPLING TERROR
Immediately after any opponent's numbered Order Marker is revealed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, all figures in clear sight of Scarecrow that are affected by a Glyph of Fear Gas may not move, attack, or use any special power this turn.

Good Pig February 16th, 2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1342229)
As I read it, Paranoia works on common squads and affects the entire squad, is that how it was intended?

P.S. this is much better than my Grenade design, great job GoodPig.

Yes, it works on all squad members of a common squad. So Street Thugs x3 are all freaked out when one of them gets gassed. I think that theme wise he should be a great squad killer. Terrify the masses. :twisted:

I liked the grenade glyph tickle. Had no idea how complicated it would get with Lob rules, clear sight, etc. Hopefully we can resurrect that thread once someone figures it out.

Back to work I go! :) I'll take a look at everyone's comments and reply later tonight.

tcglkn February 16th, 2011 01:42 PM

"Scarecrow is not affected by Paranoia." Just like you reference Androids in Fear Gas.

tcglkn February 16th, 2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Pig (Post 1342237)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1342229)
As I read it, Paranoia works on common squads and affects the entire squad, is that how it was intended?

P.S. this is much better than my Grenade design, great job GoodPig.

Yes, it works on all squad members of a common squad. So Street Thugs x3 are all freaked out when one of them gets gassed. I think that theme wise he should be a great squad killer. Terrify the masses. :twisted:

I liked the grenade glyph tickle. Had no idea how complicated it would get with Lob rules, clear sight, etc. Hopefully we can resurrect that thread once someone figures it out.

Back to work I go! :) I'll take a look at everyone's comments and reply later tonight.

Ok, just making sure that was intended. It certainly is thematic for him to affect a huge crowd of Civvies.

I liked it too but the whole Special Attack caused problems and a Grenade just can't really be done right any other way IMO.

Griffin February 16th, 2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

NAME = SCARECROW

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = TERRIFYING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 160

FEAR GAS
Start the game with 3 black Fear Markers on this card. After moving and before attacking, you may choose up to 3 different small or medium figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Scarecrow. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure. Subtract 8 from your roll if the chosen figure has the Fearless personality. If you roll an 8 or higher, place a Fear Marker on the chosen figure's card. Androids are not affected by Fear Gas.

PARANOIA
Any figure with a Fear Marker on its card does not consider any other figure to be friendly, including other figures associated with the same Army Card. When an Order Marker is revealed on any card with a Fear Marker, this figure must attack this turn, if possible. After taking a turn with this figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher remove the Fear Marker from this card and return it to Scarecrow's card.

TERRIFYING PRESENCE
Any figure with a Fear Marker on its card may not attack Scarecrow and rolls 2 fewer die when defending against Scarecrow's normal attack.
  1. I don't think I like him as a Mastermind because IMO he doesn't fit well into the criminal faction as C3G knows it. I would rather see him as a Terrorist and drop his personality as well, because he isn't terrifying really, in fact he is kinda laughable, but he has the ability to cause terror. He is Insane though, and I would love to see that faction added to here. So how about an Insane Terrorist? That would give him synergies with the Insano faction and the Terrorist Faction that I can spoil for you, Ras al Ghul will be significantly adding to. Please make him an Insane Terrorist.
  2. Fear Gas - I know that having a weakness to people with the "Fearless" personality makes sense, but truthfully, Hal Jordan would absolutely be affected by the Fear Gas, while Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Joker, Deadpool, etc. (Insane) would not be. I think that Androids and figures with the Insane personality should not be affected, and I am on the fence about the -8 for Fearless figures. But please at least update the complete BLOCK by Insane figures. Also, that last line belongs on the Paranoia power, not here. Let people place the markers on Insane figures or Androids if they want to... but when you actually define the affects (on Paranoia) that is when you should state who is not affected.
  3. Paranoia and Terrifying Presence can be boiled down to one power really. I think you currently have too many affects on just one little marker. The most important affect though is the reduction of attack and defense dice - that is how C3G has defined Fear and Intimidation. Also, if any figure with a fear marker on its card is affected in the ways that you describe, Scarcrow is also vulnerable unless you specifically state that he isn't or unless you go with Insane option that I outlined already.
  4. Terrifying Presence is broken if the figure cannot attack Scarcrow. Scarecrow could be the last figure left.

FEAR ITSELF
    Any figure with a Fear Marker on its card is not consider to be friendly with any other figure and it cannot be included in any power by opponents that specifies that it is controlled by them. Affected figures roll 2 fewer defense dice against Scarecrow's normal attack.

tcglkn February 16th, 2011 02:21 PM

NAME = SCARECROW

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 160

FEAR GAS
Start the game with 3 black Fear Markers on this card. After moving and before attacking, you may choose up to 3 different small or medium figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Scarecrow. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure. (Subtract 8 from your roll if the chosen figure has the Fearless personality.) If you roll an 8 or higher, place a Fear Marker on the chosen figure's card. Androids and figures with the Insane personality are not affected by Fear Gas. When an Order Marker is revealed on any card with a Fear Marker, this figure must attack this turn, if possible. After taking a turn with this figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher remove the Fear Marker from this card and return it to Scarecrow's card.

FEAR ITSELF
Any figure with a Fear Marker on its card is not consider to be friendly with any other figure and it cannot be included in any power by opponents that specifies that it is controlled by them. Affected figures roll 2 fewer defense dice against Scarecrow's normal attack.

Is this what you are thinking Griff? I'm not a fan of having both powers start with the word Fear, what if we change Fear Itself to Instill Fear?

Hidicul February 16th, 2011 02:23 PM

Griff I'm not sure I agree with you that Insane figures should be completly imune to to the fear gas. Joker is rewally the only one I've never seen with any kind of fear in him for anything. I'll admit that normally he manages to get past his fear but I have seen Deadpool show some fear before. I see Androids as the only figures that would truly be immune to it.

Karat February 16th, 2011 02:26 PM

I'm not really digging either name.

Griffin February 16th, 2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hidicul (Post 1342261)
Griff I'm not sure I agree with you that Insane figures should be completly imune to to the fear gas. Joker is rewally the only one I've never seen with any kind of fear in him for anything. I'll admit that normally he manages to get past his fear but I have seen Deadpool show some fear before. I see Androids as the only figures that would truly be immune to it.

It isn't just the fear aspect, it is also their immunity to poison.

Immune to Poison

Harley Quinn
Joker
Deadpool
Poison Ivy
Green Goblin
Creeper

Immune to Fear

Joker
Green Goblin
Creeper

Griffin February 16th, 2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1342260)
NAME = SCARECROW

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 160

FEAR GAS
Start the game with 3 black Fear Markers on this card. After moving and before attacking, you may choose up to 3 different small or medium figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Scarecrow. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure. (Subtract 8 from your roll if the chosen figure has the Fearless personality.) If you roll an 8 or higher, place a Fear Marker on the chosen figure's card. Androids and figures with the Insane personality are not affected by Fear Gas. When an Order Marker is revealed on any card with a Fear Marker, this figure must attack this turn, if possible. After taking a turn with this figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher remove the Fear Marker from this card and return it to Scarecrow's card.

FEAR ITSELF

Is this what you are thinking Griff? I'm not a fan of having both powers start with the word Fear, what if we change Fear Itself to Instill Fear?

In this case, the word Fear used twice doesn't bother me a bit.