Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Meet Other Scapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tampa FL, Heroscape on Wednesdays at ARMADA GAMES near USF (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=18313)

Zealot May 15th, 2008 12:00 AM

Tampa FL, Heroscape on Wednesdays at ARMADA GAMES near USF

Calling all Heroscape players in the Tampa area, or anywhere close to USF Tampa.

During the summer I have no work or classes on Wednesdays and have been going to a game store called ARMADA GAMES to play heroscape with my buddy Rennix.

Anyone who lives in the area and would like to join us on our weekly "bowling night" so to speak are more than welcome to join us. I should be at Armada games most every Wednesday starting around 7pm-8pm, how late I leave depends on everyone elses schedule since I'm free until the guys who own the store kick us out :wink:

ARMADA GAMES is located about half a mile south of Fowler Ave. on the west side of 56th street. They are located next to a Coin Laudremat and are a little hard to spot from the street since their sign is not lit.

www.armadagames.com

If anyone has any questions and would like to join Rennix and I for our Wednesday heroscape night, plz post or pm me to let me know.

ceejaybee May 15th, 2008 11:39 AM

Re: Tampa FL, Heroscape on Wednesdays at ARMADA GAMES near U

Hey, Zealot! I used to be a regular at Armada, I even played Heroscape there! Unfortunately Wednesdays are unpredictable for me, especially since I work at night, but if I ever get the chance I'll stop on by. Michael's been telling me about you guys.

Do you play with constructed armies? If so, by what rules?

Buddy Lee May 15th, 2008 12:53 PM

Sond like fun.

I see if I can make it.

When this start?

Next Week?

Bddy L

Zealot May 15th, 2008 12:55 PM

We are actually pretty laid back seeing as its usually just the two of us.
Last week we were playtesting different 460pt armies for the Florida Frenzy in July so we dont use any of the A+ ranked units

(Q9, 4th Mass., Deathreavers, Raelin ROTV)

Besides that, we pretty much play whatever we want since I have all the units and A LOT of terrain. We're there almost every Wednesday and I'm going to post in this thread if I'm ever not going to be there so if you show up one day a little after 8pm you should see me with my two duffle bags setting up at one of the big green tables.

If your schedule works out, plz come over and get a few games in with us. :D

Zealot May 15th, 2008 12:59 PM

:mrgreen:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddy Lee (Post 557756)
Sond like fun.

I see if I can make it.

When this start?

Next Week?

Bddy L

We started this about a month ago and have been pretty consistent, not counting finals week. Until Fall Semester rolls around I'm going to be pretty regular at Armada on Wednesdays so anyone who can make it is welcome. I know the guys that run the store have been saying that they need to have some kind of events on Wednesdays (its their slow day) I think a heroscape crowd would be cool if more people joined Rennix and I for our "bowling night" as I like to call it.

ceejaybee May 15th, 2008 04:02 PM

Florida Frenzy?

Zealot May 15th, 2008 05:43 PM

Its what we decided to call Florida's tournament for National Heroscape Day last year, we have decided to make it the official title for Florida Tournaments held in Orlando.

Another one is coming up on July 12th to test out the new sets.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=17321

The link above is Necroblade's thread concerning the event. You're welcome to join us there too.

ceejaybee May 15th, 2008 09:59 PM

I don't know if I'm working next wednesday, but if you're still around by 9.30-10 pm I should be able to stop by and play a game or two.

Torog May 16th, 2008 01:13 PM

I'll be there Wednesday and hopefully all the following. Cheers.

Zealot May 17th, 2008 01:34 AM

Awesome, looks like I'll have to build more than one map this time :twisted:

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it on Wednesday,
and like I said, this is going to be a regular thing for me until August rolls around and I have to start my Fall semester of classes.

I know the gamestore guys will appreciate having more people in their doors on their "slow day" too.

Hendal May 18th, 2008 08:17 AM

Tampa Rocks, of course I am not there till late in Aug. on a Wend., Oh well, sounds great.

Scape On'

Zealot May 20th, 2008 01:28 PM

Well, tomorrow is game day and I'm looking forward to seeing some more faces at Armada come 8:00pm.

Feel free to bring your own armies if you use popular units (in case I dont have enough commons or something) or just yourselves since I have all the waves, minus wave 8 of course ;).

I'll get to the store around 8:00pm to 8:30pm to start setting up.

If anyone has any questions about where Armada games is or how to find it, plz let me know.

Zealot May 22nd, 2008 02:55 AM

Just got back from the best night at Armada yet.

We had a total turnout of 6 with Me, Rennix, Torog, Buddy Lee, Ceejaybee, and I believe his girlfriend (forgot to ask :()

A lot of fun with two different 3 player free-for-alls happening at the same time.

This will definitely be a regular Scape night for me and hopefully we'll continue to have a good turnout.

Torog May 22nd, 2008 08:50 PM

Thanks Rennix, for finding Armada and much thanks Zealot for starting this thread. Last night was a blast. I'm hopeful that we can get a tourney organized soon. And lastly thanks for the great turn out last night hope to see you all again. Cheers!

ceejaybee May 24th, 2008 11:58 AM

Yeah, it was a total blast playing with some of the pieces I don't own. Let's say I'm working on it, however.

Zealot May 27th, 2008 12:41 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to inform that Rennix has plans for this Wednesday so It'll just be me + whoever else can make it tomorrow. Hope to see you then, I'll be getting there around 7 - 7:30.

I'm going to bring some of the maps that Necroblade posted in the Florida Frenzy thread so that we can try them out in a couple different 1vs1 games. See you there.

Zealot June 4th, 2008 01:04 AM

Hello all,

I'll be getting to Armada sometime around 7:00+, hope to see our regular crowd and I'm going to see if some of my friends can stop by later.

I figure they'd be more interested in playing if they had more than just me as their opponent :twisted:

Zealot July 23rd, 2008 05:13 PM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm not going to be able to make it today to Armada. I've got some other things going on and will have to take a raincheck from the usual activities. Sorry about this. :?

Hope to see you all next week.

~Zealot

Syvaris August 1st, 2008 10:18 AM

Hey i may turn up to one of these game nights soon when is the next, oh and does armada carry scape and if so wave 8?

Zealot August 2nd, 2008 12:32 AM

Due to my recent unemployment, we haven't been able to have the Heroscape nights at Armada for a couple weeks :brickwall: but its looking like I'll be starting my new job in the next couple of days (my meeting with the GM is today/tomorrow).
Once I find out what my work schedule is going to be, I may or may not be able to continue with the weekly event. (I REALLY need to sock some money into my depleted savings before college starts up again)... in any case, I'll be sure to post on this thread whenever I can head out for a Wednesday session.

In response to your question about Armada carrying scape and wave 8... YES and YES.

They have numerous boosters of both wave 8 and wave 7 as well as Ticalla Jungle, possibly 1 or 2 Road to the Forgotten Forrest, Aquilla's Alliance, and a few Mastersets.

The guys at the store are big fans of the game but never had any Heroscape players frequenting their store (until yours truly started up a weekly game night :mrgreen:), ever since they have been stocking heroscape regularly and the more business they get the more they are going to order it. They're cool like that. 8)

~Zealot

Syvaris August 4th, 2008 07:16 AM

Holy halbot Zealot I am going there now, as in tonight, scape or gas? Oh well cant make it this week either my friends( who never gorram call) and i are going minigolfing so all is well.

owvanguard February 7th, 2009 03:03 PM

Is this group still meeting? I will be in Florida from 3/10 to 3/24 and would love to play Heroscape while I am there on vacation. I would not have my stuff but would need to borrow. And takers?

PM me.

Zealot March 2nd, 2009 04:32 PM

Hey guys,

due to school schedules and such, the official meeting time for this group has changed to...

Monday Nights:---6:30pm-Midnight

We meet every week and I have my schedule worked out so that I will always be there. I've posted a link to the new thread I started for our new meeting time...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=23849

Hope to see everyone there :thumbsup:

~Zealot