Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Lamaclown June 21st, 2011 02:08 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I am still interetsed but time is an issue right now. I am even on hiatus from C3V and SoV until the summer is over.

Come the end of August I hope to be back on 'scapers.com and as involved as ever.

Taeblewalker June 21st, 2011 02:38 PM

Why don't we see who has a character to post, instead of necessarily going in order? We can give people a few days to respond, then take them in priority of hmwho's turn was next.

Balantai June 21st, 2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1427161)
Why don't we see who has a character to post, instead of necessarily going in order? We can give people a few days to respond, then take them in priority of hmwho's turn was next.

Sounds good to me. I'm completly open to any changes. In addition, we need someone else to take some ownership of this project. I especially like our Star Wars thread because people like mac122, Granite-M and Porkins have really taken over when I'm not around. We need that here.

wulfhunter667 June 21st, 2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1427034)
This project just doesn't seem to wanna stick. I'll continue running it if there's a desire, but I'm not sure there really is a desire.

The interest is there, it's time that's a factor here. I'm taking 12 credit hours over the summer but I'm willing to pitch in where I can.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1427047)
It has been kinda dead around here lately. I'm game to stick with it if there are enough others. If not, then it was fun while it lasted.

The interest will return we get going.
Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1427143)
I'm still interested in the project, but I too feel that there isn't a whole lot of interest at the moment.

See above.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1427147)
I am still interetsed but time is an issue right now. I am even on hiatus from C3V and SoV until the summer is over.

Come the end of August I hope to be back on 'scapers.com and as involved as ever.

Priorities. I'm with you dude. ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1427161)

Actually, I'm next in the line up and am ready, willing and able to get this jumpstarted again. I'll post my idea a little later to give you guys time to put your think caps on so I can eat dinner. :)

mac122 June 21st, 2011 06:48 PM

Good to hear from you, Wulf!

I look forward to your idea post.

wulfhunter667 June 21st, 2011 07:04 PM

Ok. Here we go. My pick...
http://imgs.abduzeedo.com/files/arti...redator/21.jpg
hehehehehehehe

For those of you interested, I'd like to use the Predator found in the Alien Queen set (since I have that one:)). If anyone can find a pic of that mini for reference, that'd be great.

Sooooo... Ideas?

mac122 June 22nd, 2011 07:33 PM

Ah, our friendly neighborhood Predator. Nice choice, Wulf.

Rough ideas:
Gotta have some stealth abilities: some sort of combination of Stealth Dodge, Phantom Walk, etc. A part of that could be that he can't be attacked if he has no unrevealed order markers.

Hit and run style attack.

In the original movie, he generally did not attack unarmed people. Either he can't attack figures without OMs or rolls fewer dice against them. The lower attack might be better since there are numerous opportunities for figures to take turns without OMs.

A self-healing each round or after destroying an opposing figure.

If there was room on the card after any other cool stuff, a self-destruct style ability (Last Laugh?).

Taeblewalker June 22nd, 2011 09:30 PM

Self-Destruct could cover everything in three clear sight spaces, but could only work if he one life left.

He could also be unable to target non-adjacent figures in water.

wulfhunter667 June 23rd, 2011 01:21 PM

For those who do not know, the Predator figure I am talking about has an extender staff in one habd. I'd like to incorporate that into it as well. And I'm definately digging the self-destruct idea.
Say one more day for comments and then get some stats on this bugger.

Taeblewalker June 23rd, 2011 03:50 PM

I only know predator from the movies. I have no idea what the staff should do as a weapon.

machinekng June 23rd, 2011 09:40 PM

nice pick

As for his abilities...

I think that self-destruct should be considered.

And as for attacking only armed targets...

Worthy Prey
When [Predator] attacks an adjacent figure with one or more order markers on its army card, add X to [Predator]'s attack value.

Then, he could have a range attack of 2-4, and add 2-3 to his melee attack with worthy prey.

wulfhunter667 June 26th, 2011 11:31 AM

Sorry it took so long to post this bad boy. Been a busy weekend. Anyway...
Quote:

Predator
Jandar
Yautja
Common Hero
Predator
Honorable
Medium 6
LIFE 5
MOVE 6 Spaces
RANGE 1 Space
ATTACK 3 Dice
DEFENSE 5 Dice
POINTS (120ish?)
Predator's Stealth
This Predator can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When this Predator rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. This Predator may not use this ability on a water space.
Predator's Speed
This Predator can attack at any point before, during, or after its move as long as it is on a space where she could end its movement.
Worthy Prey
When this Predator attacks an adjacent figure with one or more order markers on its army card, add 3 to this Predator's attack value.
Self-Destruct
After moving and instead of attacking, if this Predator has one life left, it may choose to self-destruct. Roll the 20-sided die to determine if any other figures are wounded. If you roll a 1–3, all figures are safe. If you roll a 4–15, each figure within 3 clear line spaces receives 2 wounds. If you roll a 16–19 each figure within 3 clear line spaces receives 4 wounds. If you roll a 20, each figure within 3 clear line spaces receives 8 wounds. After using this power, this Predator is always destroyed.
Comments?