Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Lazy Orang August 29th, 2018 04:10 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Initial Testing)

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2217009)
It could be yeah, but don’t some existing figures, such as Hawkeye II, offer similar services?

Yeah, thinking about it, I'm not really sure what a Sports Car is providing that Hawkeye can't in that regard (aside from carrying up to 2 figures at a time and being functionally uncommon - maybe that's it?)

Tornado August 29th, 2018 04:15 PM

Bailey driving into the enemy and exploding sounds pretty awesome. :)

Ronin August 29th, 2018 04:17 PM

They provide really good protection - figures in vehicles aren't on the battlefield and they can't be targeted for attacks or most special powers. (That also impairs a lot of bonding powers, so you can lose some efficiency by piling into vehicles)

They also don't take LEAs.

My first test exploited that, with Conan effectively hiding in the car (forcing the enemy to punch through it before they had a shot at him) and doling out auto-wounds.

Conan isn't that slow, but he's a rare figure who, if he takes an auto-wound when the car is destroyed, actually benefits.

IAmBatman August 29th, 2018 04:41 PM

Sounds like Wolverine would like a car. Should we up the wounds received from crashing your car to balance the advantage some?

Ronin August 29th, 2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2217043)
Sounds like Wolverine would like a car. Should we up the wounds received from crashing your car to balance the advantage some?

Maybe. Could be a reasonable measure, but I don't know that it's necessary yet.

IAmBatman August 29th, 2018 04:43 PM

OK. Sounds good. :up: Thanks for tackling this.

quozl August 29th, 2018 04:47 PM

Just curious because of the Rip Hunter discussion, are you allowing figures in vehicles to use special powers?

Lazy Orang August 29th, 2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2217043)

Slightly more significant tweak to the existing rules, but I'd be in favour - it's thematically justifiable and it might help balance it more.

Ronin August 29th, 2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2217056)
Just curious because of the Rip Hunter discussion, are you allowing figures in vehicles to use special powers?

I wasn't in the first two games. It would have been a non-factor in the two games I played (because I planned armies around not being able to), but I might plan some slightly different armies for future games, with special powers on the table for figures in vehicles.

"Zombies driving cars" strategy gets a boost from figures in vehicles using special powers, since Lurkers can chill in cars and command Walkers outside the cards.

quozl August 29th, 2018 05:12 PM

This line will need to be changed:

Quote:

After revealing an Order Marker on one of your Army Cards, before taking a turn with a figure you control occupying a vehicle, you may move that vehicle.
You can't take a turn with a figure not on the battlefield.

Ronin August 29th, 2018 05:13 PM

Yeah, I noticed that some of the language needs tweaked. You wouldn't control a figure occupying a vehicle.

Let me know if you catch anything else that needs an update.

Ronin September 5th, 2018 03:49 PM

Lost my notes on my first three games, but my basic impression was that the Sports Car was fine at 150 and went 1-2. I'll run two more and formally type those up and then we can move this along.