Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Tornado March 6th, 2019 10:52 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)

Sounds easier but not as cool. :)
The last version failed from too.much simplicity and not enough fun.

A3n March 7th, 2019 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2261137)
I think there's a simpler solution than designating spaces and occupancy and stuff - "if a vehicle is occupied, opponent's figures cannot enter that vehicle. If a figure's controller would change while it occupies the vehicle, if that vehicle is occupied by multiple figures, that player must first remove the figure they are taking control of from the vehicle." Or something like that. He automatically jumps out (or gets kicked out). Doesn't always make sense but it's a game not a simulation, yadda yadda yadda.

:thumbsup:

Yodaking March 7th, 2019 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2261146)
Sounds easier but not as cool. :)
The last version failed from too.much simplicity and not enough fun.

This is kind of where I'm at with it, but in the end you all can go in what ever direction you want. Not everyone has to use every set of optional rules. As such I think you'll get more people using a new set of optional rules if those rules go big and introduce a new layer of fun to a game. KISS here and it just comes off a bit boring IMO.

IAmBatman March 7th, 2019 07:18 AM

If we can figure out the art side of things and that doesn’t stonewall progress here, I side with Tornado and Yodaking. Enemy figures fighting it out inside a moving car is such a superhero trope! I want to embrace that if we can.

Tornado March 7th, 2019 09:19 AM

I think it will play similar either way if we say that are all adjacent.
I just feel like we can do a little more if we go all out. More thoughts later.

IAmBatman March 7th, 2019 09:26 AM

Looks forward to it!

I actually think having a physical place to put them will keep things simpler for the rules, fwiw. It's a lot more intuitive to know what to do when there's a physical place for the figures.

Tornado March 7th, 2019 09:37 AM

Those were pretty much my thoughts as well.

Lazy Orang March 7th, 2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2261190)
If we can figure out the art side of things and that doesn’t stonewall progress here, I side with Tornado and Yodaking. Enemy figures fighting it out inside a moving car is such a superhero trope! I want to embrace that if we can.

This. :up:

A3n March 7th, 2019 07:50 PM

Are you guys forgetting that we already have vehicle rules?

If you follow through the vehicle rules thread you will see that we discussed a lot of this already. Bat's you were even the one against having different sized cards to accommodate the placement of figures.

Ronin March 7th, 2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 2261431)
Are you guys forgetting that we already have vehicle rules?

If you follow through the vehicle rules thread you will see that we discussed a lot of this already. Bat's you were even the one against having different sized cards to accommodate the placement of figures.

No, we're not forgetting that. We took a run at draftable vehicles under those rules and they were not popular, so we were looking to retool.

IAmBatman March 7th, 2019 07:57 PM

I'd still prefer to avoid different sized cards if possible, but I suppose it's an option that could be put on the table.

Scapemage March 7th, 2019 11:16 PM

The hex overlay is a decent and reasonably doable option. It doesn't require changing the size of the card or printing on the back.