Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Tornado February 27th, 2019 02:25 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)

NP. This is the stuff I enjoy. :)
Gearing up for a fifth run at buildings. Only the fourth run for me though. :)

Lazy Orang February 27th, 2019 03:03 PM

Just a thought, but what if we updated concerning passive powers like Joker to leave room for most powers acting fine while in a vehicle? I feel like that would be the best thing for the game, and allow for the most dynamic strategies.

Tornado February 27th, 2019 03:06 PM

Sort of what I was thinking as well. I was going to ask to brainstorm all the concerning powers and see if we can figure out a way around them.

Really though it may be design to save for later VDOs. That way you would have the option of the cheap VDOs that are limited and maybe more dedicated VDOs that allow a little more.

Ronin February 27th, 2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2258452)
Sort of what I was thinking as well. I was going to ask to brainstorm all the concerning powers and see if we can figure out a way around them.

Really though it may be design to save for later VDOs. That way you would have the option of the cheap VDOs that are limited and maybe more dedicated VDOs that allow a little more.

I think we hashed a lot of that out earlier either in this thread or one of the rules threads where we were talking about off-the-battlefield stuff. It was a while ago and it'd be a lot to read through, but I think you could get most of that info by going through 1 or 2 threads.

Lazy Orang February 27th, 2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Honestly, though, part of what made this exciting to me is that it hopefully was going to make Lady Blackhawk more worthwhile... but if she can't be provided synergy while in them, that seems to hurt. It also seems a shame, from a fun and theme standpoint, that I can't activate my forces with Nick Fury, for example, have a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent take cover in a car and then on my next turn, have him ram it into an enemy hero before rushing out and opening fire. It just seems like it culls half the fun you could have right now. :shrug:

IAmBatman February 27th, 2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2258455)
Quote:

I think we hashed a lot of that out earlier either in this thread or one of the rules threads where we were talking about off-the-battlefield stuff. It was a while ago and it'd be a lot to read through, but I think you could get most of that info by going through 1 or 2 threads.

Did we do an official vote on it? I can't recall.

Ronin February 27th, 2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2258463)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2258455)
Quote:

Did we do an official vote on it? I can't recall.

I'm pretty sure we officially voted that special powers don't work off the battlefield, by default, and there was at least an informal consensus (at one point) that vehicles shouldn't be an exception. I'd have to comb through this thread and one or two others to refresh myself, though.

IAmBatman February 27th, 2019 04:04 PM

OK. We have to weigh that against the pretty consistent "meh" reaction we're getting from testers, though. Does that change things?

Ronin February 27th, 2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2258485)
Does that change things?

Yeah, it absolutely does. That's kinda why I'm burned out here.

Not saying we should stay the old course, just providing context on what that course was and why we were on it to begin with.

IAmBatman February 27th, 2019 04:29 PM

:lol: Yeah, I'm right there with you on that one.

Maybe we should just say screw it on competitive C3G since it apparently doesn't exist anymore? :-P

Yodaking February 27th, 2019 04:35 PM

I'm not sure what to do here. I like the idea of having Deadpool driving around with one hand on the wheel while shooting at people out the window with the other. But then really he should only get one normal attack instead of his usual two. Having Reed Rubber Wrap someone to the side of a car while also driving said card seems like more than he should be able to effectivly do. However, Zemo issuing orders to his allies via a wireless headset while driving is certainly something he should be able to do, people talk and drive all the time. I don't know if there is a rule that would ever me thematically correct for all circumstances. So the question becomes which side do you want to err on? Let some powers that don't make sense still work, or not let some powers that should work do so.

I think I would err on the side of letting all powers work while driving the car, but maybe at a penalty to any roll that is made. Roll 1 fewer att. die when attacking with a normal or special attack, and subtract 4 from any d20 roll made for a special power. As Ronin mentioned, if all powers work in the car, they become suits of armor for people to draft though. If that is the case, then the damage inflicted for being inside the car when it gets destroyed should be catastrophic, or perhaps make the car not very effective as armor. Maybe something like, for every wound the vehicle takes one figure inside the vehicle also takes one wound. Then it's not really a suit of armor for one figure anymore.

IAmBatman February 27th, 2019 04:41 PM

I think cutting off some things makes sense. Like if a car blocks engagement and clear sight, for instance, it cuts off a lot of powers while leaving a lot of others.