Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Lamaclown August 31st, 2011 09:05 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobWeaver (Post 1472299)
Can I get in on designing? I have some Robert E Howard characters and the cast of Robert Asperin's "Myth" books.

Thanks for showing the interest in HoF, RW!

Why don't you hang out with us some first and help with giving input on units in development. That way you will be able to get a good feel of how we do things here and whether or not this particular project is a good fit for you before you are added to the design roster. We aren't looking for the most talented customs creators, just committed ones. :)

I look forward to your valued participation.

Taeblewalker August 31st, 2011 09:17 PM

What he said. And I actually gave some though to Ahz and Skeeve not too long ago myself.

JC McMinis August 31st, 2011 09:30 PM

Well on the wolf thing, that is why I had suggested Grey Wolves to seperate them from the Anubians and Bardu Wolves. Even though we are using the wolves of bardu as the proxies for these, I stiil think we should name them something to seperate them. Call them Timber Wolves and put that in the text where we have lupines and wolves are placed.

Lamaclown August 31st, 2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1472329)
Well on the wolf thing, that is why I had suggested Grey Wolves to seperate them from the Anubians and Bardu Wolves. Even though we are using the wolves of bardu as the proxies for these, I stiil think we should name them something to seperate them. Call them Timber Wolves and put that in the text where we have lupines and wolves are placed.

I don't know how, but I missed the Grey Wolves thing. That would be a great solution I think. I am good with either Grey or Timber.

mac122 August 31st, 2011 11:57 PM

How about Red Wolves?

If not Red Wolves, then I'd prefer Timber Wolves.

------------------
Rob - I'll echo what the others said. It would be great to have more input and suggestions on our designs.

Taeblewalker September 1st, 2011 12:38 AM

I liked Lupines, but red wolves works as well.

Lamaclown September 1st, 2011 12:41 AM

I am fine with Red as well.
(I am such a "Yes Man". I'm pathetic :) )

JC McMinis September 1st, 2011 09:08 AM

Red Wolves us fine with me.

SirGalahad September 1st, 2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1472207)
I'd be OK with reducing it to 1 wound from an adjacent Animal if that keeps the Doctor's cost low.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirG
REARING UP
This Bear adds 1 die to its attack and defense against adjacent, same-level small or medium figures. This Bear cannot use Rearing Up on the same turn it uses Bear Hug.

Does that wording refer only to the Bear's turn or any turn the Bear is involved in?

Since both powers are affecting both attack and defense, you don't want Rearing Up working while Bear Hug is in effect; otherwise, you're getting double bonuses against the Hugged figure (+1 attack for Bear & -1 defense for Huggee on Bear's turn) or (-1 attack for Huggee & +1 defense for Bear on opponent's turn), so the restriction needs to work on either's turn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1472207)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirG
FELINE AGILITY
When this Mountain Lion rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage, and this Mountian Lion may move 1 space for each shield rolled. When moving with Feline Agility, this Mountain Lion will not take any leaving engagment attacks.

I like this. Do you think it affects the point cost?

Maybe 10 points - the most you're moving is 3 spaces, and if this is a double-spaced figure, hilly maps are going to limit movement anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC
BEAR HUG
If this Bear is engaged with only 1 opponent's figure, and that figure is not engaged with only this any other Bears, that figure may not move or be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. Figures affected by Bear Hug subtract 1 die from their attack and defense. Large and huge figures are not affected by Bear Hug.

Good catch!

Glad I can help.

mac122 September 1st, 2011 10:15 AM

Thanks, SirG.
For the Bear, I just wasn't sure if that wording did cover everything.

For the Mountain Lion, I have ordered the figure, but I don't know if it will be a double space figure - I'm actually hoping it works on a single. Potentially, with height, a great roll would net 4 spaces. Height plus a defense aura and a really great roll gets 5. Perhaps we should cap it at 2 or 3 spaces. If the cap was 2, we could possibly avoid a cost increase.

----------------
On a side note, I bit the bullet and ordered the Cole, Human Survivor and Bishop Soul Harvester figures. Wish me luck on painting them. I alssssso ordered another interessssssting figure that jussssssst might ssssshow up in a future Hero ssssssubmissssssion.

mac122 September 1st, 2011 09:51 PM

Quick thought on Feline Agility.
Quote:

FELINE AGILITY
When this Mountain Lion rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage, and this Mountian Lion may move 1 space for each additional shield rolled. When moving with Feline Agility, this Mountain Lion will not take any leaving engagment attacks.
So you roll 3 dice, get 2 shields. No wounds and the Mountain Lion can move 1 space. It helps to limit the amount of spaces moved and keep the cost down.
-------------------
I made the final edits, changed Feline Agility, and posted the cards for Dr. Doolittle and the Animals in the Display Thread. If there are any other edits or the group doesn't like the change to Feline Agility, I can always edit and repost.

JC McMinis September 1st, 2011 11:42 PM

I think they all look good. Are we ready for the 1st draft of Tanis.