Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Godzilla and friends (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56021)

Lazy Orang September 16th, 2019 02:56 PM

Re: Godzilla and friends

Ah, okay, I was sort of wrong. Nothing on the Hive's card states that, but bonus rules for the Hive apparently exist in the Rulebook (which I'd completely forgotten)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swarm of the Marro
Marro Hive Rules
There are a few rules that apply only to the Marro Hive. The Marro Hive may never be moved from its starting location by any special power on any Army Card or Glyph. Figures can never move through a space occupied by the Marro Hive. For example, Shiori cannot use her Phantom Walk special power to walk through the Hive. If the Marro Hive was placed on the battlefield by a player as part of his army, when it is destroyed remove the Hive and the 6-hex swamp water tile base. If the Marro Hive was placed on the battlefield as directed by a scenario, when it is destroyed remove the Hive and leave the 6-hex swamp water tile base on the battlefield. When placing the Marro Hive, it is always placed on its 6-hex swamp water tile base. When placing the 6-hex swamp water tile base, you cannot create an overhang (no empty space can be under the base). The 6hex base can only be placed on land tiles. When calculating height advantage against or for the Marro Hive, consider the Hive to be sitting in the swamp water.

IAmBatman September 16th, 2019 04:19 PM

The way I see it, we have two options:

1. We could try to better clarify it in the power text

2. We could go full Galactus (the figure size justifies it) and give it a small rulebook for its movement.

Lazy Orang September 16th, 2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2314017)
The way I see it, we have two options:

1. We could try to better clarify it in the power text

2. We could go full Galactus (the figure size justifies it) and give it a small rulebook for its movement.

I'd go this way. I'd like to establish the ability to move figures that are larger than 2 spaces, and Godzilla feels like a good iconic benchmark/launchpad figure for such a mechanic, in the same way Galactus was for terrain removal (even though that mechanic's been used, what, once since? It's a cool idea, wouldn't mind seeing it more. In fact, a figure I designed for my bro implements it. :) ).

IAmBatman September 16th, 2019 06:32 PM

Would it really be establishing how all figures of that size move or just how he moves? I ask because Galactus is that size and yet we're still looking for that template.

Lazy Orang September 16th, 2019 06:37 PM

Galactus has super-specific weird movement rules tied to his herald, because 1) it's thematic, 2) he's at a scale where moving around a city normally is a little odd, and 3) he was created before we were ready to get into 'larger than double spaced' movement rules. We appear to be willing to now and Godzilla literally just stomps around.

MrNobody September 16th, 2019 07:10 PM

He stomps around Tokyo city like a big playground, in fact.

I do think 3+ hex movement rules would be useful, and this seems like as good a place as any to do them. Does feel like we’ve been a bit ruleset-happy recently though. I also don’t think 3+ designs will be that common. It’s quite possible we’d just be able to give them each their own rules. I’m mainly thinking VDOs will be the biggest struggle.

Arch-vile September 16th, 2019 07:23 PM

I had a buddy with a ton of crazy customs (super unbalanced and goofy, but very fun). He just moved bigger based figures like double-spaced figures: choose a hex to start movement with and the rest just followed. So I could see a simple Marro Hive-like ruleset working well.

But a power like MrNobody's Earth-Shattering Stomp is an easier way to go about it while effectively keeping the same theme. I'd be more in favor of that, honestly. I feel a lot of supplemental rules just go unused due to them adding complexity (I saw this in HoSS with the Occupyable DOs rules; only a couple people ever talked about them).

Tornado September 16th, 2019 07:34 PM

There are already rules for 3+ hex figures somewhere.

IAmBatman September 16th, 2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2314062)
There are already rules for 3+ hex figures somewhere.

Those were for throwing DOs that size. They were never formalized into movement rules, as I recall.

Tornado September 16th, 2019 07:50 PM

That sounds right. Can they be adapted?

IAmBatman September 16th, 2019 07:51 PM

Probably. It just requires someone to do it.

quozl September 16th, 2019 09:00 PM

Throwing is moving.