Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker September 29th, 2011 01:53 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

THE SILVER KEY
After revealing a numbered order marker on this army card you may reveal the "X" Order Marker to activate The Silver Key. To activate The Silver Key, choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Randolph Carter and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may place your "X" Order Marker on that Hero's army card. At the start of the next round, you may take control of that army card and place order markers on it as usual. You must also place Randolph Carter's figure on this army card. At the end of the next round, return control of the army card to your opponent and place Randolph Carter in your start zone.

I also see him with a Range of 5, reflecting a revolver.

mac122 September 29th, 2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1488940)
THE SILVER KEY
After revealing a numbered order marker on this army card you may reveal the "X" Order Marker to activate The Silver Key. To activate The Silver Key, choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Randolph Carter and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may place your "X" Order Marker on that Hero's army card. At the start of the next round, you may take control of that army card and place order markers on it as usual. You must also place Randolph Carter's figure on this army card. At the end of the next round, return control of the army card to your opponent and place Randolph Carter in your start zone.

Interesting take on the power. When using this power, if the controlled hero is destroyed, then Carter dies, too, correct?

tcglkn September 29th, 2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1489009)
Quote:

THE SILVER KEY

Interesting take on the power. When using this power, if the controlled hero is destroyed, then Carter dies, too, correct?

That's a very interesting take on the power. I think it is mechanically sound. I'm not a rules guru though so I couldn't tell you if he's destroyed if the controlled hero is destroyed. :ponder:

mac122 September 29th, 2011 09:43 AM

I guess the question would be what would happen to Carter in the books if his Manifestation was killed or injured?

SirGalahad September 29th, 2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

THE SILVER KEY
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this Army Card, you may also reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card to activate The Silver Key. To activate The Silver Key, Choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Randolph Carter and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may place your "X" Order Marker on that Hero's Army Card. At the start end of the next round, if your 'X' Order Marker is on the chosen figure's card and the figure has not been destroyed, you may take control of the chosen figure and its Army Card for the following roundand place order markers on it as usual. You must also Place Randolph Carter's figure on this Army Card. When moving with The Silver Key, Randolph Carter does not take any leaving engagement attacks. At the end of the next following round, return control of the figure and its Army Card returns to your opponent to the player who controlled the figure before The Silver Key was used. Place Randolph Carter in your start zone. If there are no available spaces in your start zone or if the chosen figure is destroyed while using The Silver Key, Randolph Carter is destroyed.

Just some mechanics suggestions.

Also need a decision as to whether this is a 'instead of taking a turn', 'after moving and instead of attacking', etc power. In other words, when does it activate?

So with this involved of a power, is he a single power card?

Taeblewalker September 29th, 2011 05:00 PM

THE SILVER KEY
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this Army Card, before taking a turn with Randolph Carter you may alsoreveal the "X" Order Marker on this card to activate The Silver Key. Choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Randolph Carter and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may place your "X" Order Marker on that Hero's Amy Card. At the end of the round, if your 'X' Order Marker is on the chosen figure's card and the figure has not been destroyed, you may take control of the chosen figure and its Army Card for the following round. Pace Randolph Carter's figure on his Army Card. When moving with The Silver Key, Randolph Carter does not take any leaving engagement attacks. At the end of the following round, control of the figure and its Army Card returns to the player who controlled it before The Silver Key was used. Place Randolph Carter in your start zone. If there are no available spaces in your start zone or if the chosen figure is destroyed while using The Silver Key, Randolph Carter is destroyed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad
So with this involved of a power, is he a single power card?

Definitely a single power. ;)

mac122 September 29th, 2011 05:04 PM

That's really the only power he would need.

I like this. He sounds fun to play. The trick will be getting him close to an opponent's hero then keeping him alive for the rest of the round.

SirGalahad September 29th, 2011 06:08 PM

Ideas on the activation time?

Taeblewalker September 29th, 2011 06:57 PM

I put in "and before taking a turn with Randolph Carter" at the beginning of my latest post. It kind of got buried in there.

SirGalahad September 29th, 2011 08:38 PM

Yep, see it now.

JC McMinis September 29th, 2011 09:30 PM

This is a very cool ability. How about a full version of Randolph now

Taeblewalker September 29th, 2011 11:01 PM

Randolph Carter
Books: H.P. Lovecraft's short stories
Fights for Vydar

Human
Unique Hero
Investigator
Dauntless
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 5
Range 5
Attack 2
Defense 3

THE SILVER KEY
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this Army Card, before taking a turn with Randolph Carter you may also reveal an "X" Order Marker on Randolph Carter's Army Card to activate The Silver Key. Choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Carter and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 14 or higher, place an "X" Order Marker on that Hero's Army Card. At the end of the round, if the chosen figure has not been destroyed, take control of the figure and its Army Card for the following round and place Carter's figure on this Army Card. At the end of the following, control of the figure and its Army Card returns to the player who controlled it before The Silver Key was used. Place Randolph Carter in your start zone. If there are no available spaces in your start zone or if the chosen figure is destroyed while using The Silver Key, destroy Randolph Carter. When moving with The Silver Key, Randolph Carter does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

I changed the wording a bit to reflect the wording on Siege's and Evar's cards. I also changed the activation number for The Silver Key to 14.