Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Spider-Man (Ultimate) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=60953)

Alexandros August 6th, 2022 12:50 AM

The Book of Spider-Man (Ultimate)

The Book of Spider-Man (Ultimate)

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 37
BIG RESPONSIBILITIES

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ate)_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...mate)_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Ultimates set.
Its model number and name are #40-42 / Spider-Man.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Ultimates set.
Its model number and name are #214 / Peter Parker.

Character Bio - Orphaned at the age of six, the Peter Parker of Earth 1610 is an outcast and withdrawn teenaged science prodigy from Queens, NY. His life changed forever during a trip to Oscorp, where he was bitten by a radioactive spider and given his spectacular super powers. Spider-Man is a neophyte superhero- guilt-stricken by the loss of his uncle- who quickly impresses A-lister like Captain America, Iron Man, Nick Fury, and Wolverine with his willingness to learn and strong moral code. Ultimately, the world learned that Peter was struck down in a battle with the Green Goblin after taking a bullet to save Captain America, inspiring Miles Morales to fill his shoes and become Spider-Man. Unbeknownst to much of Earth-1610, the Oz Serum that mutated Peter Parker gave him another superpower: immortality.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Alexandros August 6th, 2022 12:50 AM

Re: The Book of Spider-Man (Peter Benjamin Parker) - Design

NAME = Spider-Man (Earth 1610)
SECRET IDENTITY = PETER PARKER (Crossover Symbol)

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = RESOLUTE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

ULTIMATE SACRIFICE
If a friendly figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man would receive one or more wounds from an enemy figure's attack, if possible, Spider-Man may use Swing Line to move adjacent to the defending figure. If he does, Spider-Man must receive those wounds instead.

STEP UP
When Spider-Man or a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man receives one or more wounds from an enemy figure's attack, or the Ultimate Sacrifice special power, during your next player turn, you may add 2 to Spider-Man's Attack number while attacking that opponent's figure with an adjacent normal attack.

SWING LINE 4
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may move up to 4 spaces with Swing Line. When moving with Swing Line, Spider-Man has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

Alexandros August 6th, 2022 12:55 AM

Original Post
Spoiler Alert!

Comic Art

Figure Pic

Skinderella August 6th, 2022 08:54 AM

The art post should have mini photos, comic art, and potential backgrounds for the minis. Don't have to get them straight away, I didn't get Cammy backgrounds until her playtesting was pretty much done. For an idea how to lay that out just look at some of the other books. I've always done it with the 3 sections in their own spoilers. You'll want some large images. First one might be okay but is a bit blurry. Second one is very small and probably won't fit on the card too well.

Design looks good! Is there a certain faction in mind for him? I can see him being great in a Fighter build, keeping Luke Cage or Wolverine healthy. And always been a fan of Go The Distance.

MrNobody August 6th, 2022 09:07 AM

Yeah I feel like it’s gotta be Bagley!

Something we discussed when approving the design - it’d be neat if he had something a bit more active to do during his turn. Currently, his gameplay will
mostly look like moving him up, then having him sit around using his passive powers.

That probably looks like switching up Swing Line for something more involved. That kinda sucks, since Swing Line is such a classic ‘amateur Spidey’ power, but now that we’re like…30 Spiders in, it could be worth switching it up.

Arch-vile August 6th, 2022 10:16 AM

I'd suggest making the name Peter Parker with a Crossover symbol. I feel like Peter Parker synergy is something that's inevitable down the line, whether for a civilian Peter Parker, Mary Jane, etc. and it'd be a bummer for this Spidey to miss out on that. I'm guessing you went with Peter Benjamin Parker in case we get a second Ultimate Spidey down the line, but personally I think it's fine if they end up being played together.

IAmBatman August 6th, 2022 12:11 PM

Valiant is an interesting personality choice here. Is it thematic for him to be able to pick up Mjolnir?

Alexandros August 6th, 2022 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2527665)
Valiant is an interesting personality choice here. Is it thematic for him to be able to pick up Mjolnir?

In 1610, Magneto picked up Mjolnir. Anyone could. :p That said I'm not committed to the personality type, I just looked through the list until I found one that seemed good. I wasn't aware of the Mjolnir synergies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-vile (Post 2527645)
I'd suggest making the name Peter Parker with a Crossover symbol. I feel like Peter Parker synergy is something that's inevitable down the line, whether for a civilian Peter Parker, Mary Jane, etc. and it'd be a bummer for this Spidey to miss out on that. I'm guessing you went with Peter Benjamin Parker in case we get a second Ultimate Spidey down the line, but personally I think it's fine if they end up being played together.

I'm in favor of the crossover symbol. I originally wanted to give him a Thanos-esque resurrection power, and since a number of people I talked to at the time did not like that aspect of the character I kind of felt some pressure to remove it in the spirit of collaboration. Someone suggested changing his secret identity to leave the door open for a V2, but even if that happened they could *both* have crossover symbols.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2527631)
Yeah I feel like it’s gotta be Bagley!

100%!

Quote:

Something we discussed when approving the design - it’d be neat if he had something a bit more active to do during his turn. Currently, his gameplay will
mostly look like moving him up, then having him sit around using his passive powers.

That probably looks like switching up Swing Line for something more involved. That kinda sucks, since Swing Line is such a classic ‘amateur Spidey’ power, but now that we’re like…30 Spiders in, it could be worth switching it up.
I'm in agreement that he could probably use a more active power and have had that exact thought. Something that comes to mind is some kind of power representing his ability to perform under pressure, maybe an attack buff if he's adjacent to opposing figures? Alternatively, we could look at his history of having mentor figures and do something aming those lines.

I am somewhat hesitant to cut Swing Line, if only because it feels odd that he wouldn't have Spider-Verse synergies. Is there a way we can achieve that without adding a fourth, fully fleshed out power?

Skinderella August 6th, 2022 12:31 PM

Is he involved in Spider-Verse? Could just add the Spider-Verse tag to a power if you didn't give him one of the swinging powers.

Alexandros August 6th, 2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinderella (Post 2527626)
The art post should have mini photos, comic art, and potential backgrounds for the minis. Don't have to get them straight away, I didn't get Cammy backgrounds until her playtesting was pretty much done. For an idea how to lay that out just look at some of the other books. I've always done it with the 3 sections in their own spoilers. You'll want some large images. First one might be okay but is a bit blurry. Second one is very small and probably won't fit on the card too well.

Design looks good! Is there a certain faction in mind for him? I can see him being great in a Fighter build, keeping Luke Cage or Wolverine healthy. And always been a fan of Go The Distance.

Wow, I forgot to respond to this 💀

I'd love him to play well with fighters, in my mind he's very street level. Would also like to see him in Spider-Verse builds if possible but think the first route is more interesting.

Tornado August 6th, 2022 12:40 PM

I think you can do both?

Splash August 6th, 2022 12:47 PM

Yup what Skin said, if you replace Swing Line, you just put
Spider-Verse: Punchy Swingy power or whatever you wanna call it.