Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred June 9th, 2017 08:59 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsubo (Post 2152413)
What if we give him a multi shot for normal attack and a precision shot special attack that would be twice as powerful?

William Garin

(Human, Unique Hero, Archer, Precise (?), medium 5)
Life 4
Move 5
Range 7
Attack 2
Defense 3

Multi shot
When William attacks a non adjacent figure with a normal attack, he may attack two additional non adjacent figures.

Precision shot SA
Range 6-7? attack 3
When attacking with precision shot SA, all skulls rolled count for an additional hit.

That could work, but it does take up card space

I'm wondering how others feel about my three powers idea:

Confred June 9th, 2017 10:37 AM

I'm thinking he may be Einar

Einar said, "I saw how you helped one empire; I summon you to help another."

JC McMinis June 9th, 2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2152441)
I'm thinking he may be Einar

Einar said, "I saw how you helped one empire; I summon you to help another."

I could see this as well

JC McMinis June 9th, 2017 01:00 PM

I think we've tossed enough ideas at him. B.a post your first draft whenever your ready.

Confred June 9th, 2017 02:15 PM

As much as I would like to see a first draft, nothing has been thrown up about secondary or supporting powers

Movie isn't available yet on Netflix, Hulu, Prime, or YouTube yet and the other clips I've found have been insufficient for me to create any

McHotcakes June 9th, 2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2152462)
As much as I would like to see a first draft, nothing has been thrown up about secondary or supporting powers

Movie isn't available yet on Netflix, Hulu, Prime, or YouTube yet and the other clips I've found have been insufficient for me to create any

I think we have thrown out enough ideas for Barry Allen to make a first draft. After he gets one up we can reevaluate, tweak, and add anything else we might want.

Barry allen June 9th, 2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2152471)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2152462)

I think we have thrown out enough ideas for Barry Allen to make a first draft. After he gets one up we can reevaluate, tweak, and add anything else we might want.

Sorry guys life got busy. School year is finishing so I have a bunch of final exams to study for. I know for sure that I'll have a draft card up by sunday complete with possible minis. Sorry again.

CJofCourse June 13th, 2017 10:22 AM

I watched the movie yesterday, I think Einar is a solid choice for general, whatever powers he has there must be at least one referencing his skills with a bow. I like Confred's idea of somehow implementing tricks into his design, perhaps a name of "Suppressing fire" that prevents enemies from attacking?. And he definitely needs a deadly/accurate shot.

Some power ideas:

An explosive shot/grenade, limited by counters.
An avoidance power, roll 16 or higher and dodge attack sort of thing.

A cheerleader buff. At many times in the movie, similar to the 2nd video posted by Barry, he uses his arrows to alter the course of thrown weapons, mostly just in one scene however. But it is shown as something actually practical in battle.
This could be either an attack buff to friendly figures, or a chance at defense? Here's what I'm thinking;

Trick Shot?:
All friendly figures with a ranged attack within (4, 5, or 6) spaces of William Garin (a.)roll one extra defense die or (b.) add one skull to whatever is rolled.

or

Protection Shot?:
When a friendly figure within (3, 4, 5 or 6) spaces of William Garin is attacked by a ranged attack, you may roll the 20 sided die, if a 17 (?) or higher is rolled, the defending figure takes no damage (optional) and the attacking figure recieves one wound.

William099 June 13th, 2017 02:07 PM

The second clip he was shooting the axe's not to deflect them but to make noise to lure the Tao Tei out of the fog. Maybe some kind of power like Combat Challenge? Forces opponents to target a specific unit? Or move to a specific place?

CJofCourse June 13th, 2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 2153034)
The second clip he was shooting the axe's not to deflect them but to make noise to lure the Tao Tei out of the fog.

That scene makes a lot more sense to me now

Confred June 13th, 2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 2153034)
The second clip he was shooting the axe's not to deflect them but to make noise to lure the Tao Tei out of the fog. Maybe some kind of power like Combat Challenge? Forces opponents to target a specific unit? Or move to a specific place?

In the given clips he and his friend use tricky behavior to lure, bait, and reposition on numerous occasions.
Even the cup scene is related to this.

Confred June 13th, 2017 10:54 PM

Goodnight

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...n_original.jpg