Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Who is better? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=22175)

Vydar_XLIII November 13th, 2008 05:58 PM

Who is better?

Who do you think is better? I want your thoughts.

Zelrig
vs
Nilfheim

By best I mean best all-around figure

Revdyer November 13th, 2008 06:04 PM

Re: Who is better?

Thank you for not putting this up as a binary poll.

Which is better depends on the map, the opponent, and your skill in playing the two units.

The Book of Nilfheim and The Book of Zelrig give a lot of insight into this.

Aldin November 13th, 2008 06:09 PM

Don't forget aesthetics, Rev...

the map, the opponent, your skill in playing the two units and the aesthetics...

~Aldin, saying NO ONE expects the Arkansian(?) Inquisition

nicktheant November 13th, 2008 06:18 PM

It all depends on the scenario.

Imho I think Nilfeim is better because he can take down squads and heroes like Q9.

Sorry if I spelled anything wrong; there is no spell check on the phone I am using.

greenless November 13th, 2008 06:40 PM

I would have to say Nilf. He just rolls more dice. Nilf can be effective early or late game. Zelrig imho will only be worth his points if you can rush in early. Late game Zelrig pales in comparison to other figures in his point range. My only complaint on Nilfheim is that one wing is bigger than the other and as a result he is limited to certain places to stand.

NightSwipe November 13th, 2008 06:46 PM

I'd say Zelrig, but only in the correct scenario, such as a band of troops grouping together to try to fend off attacks (elves, for example.) Otherwise, it would be Nilfheim, since he has a stronger ability.

2xHero November 13th, 2008 06:54 PM

I would have to say Nilfheim is all-around the better dragon. He has higher base attack, allowing him to kill heroes, and can do a lot of damage to squads. He also has higher defense. However, I think Zelrig is better against swarm armies. He can wreck commons squads and has a greater range.

Mr Migraine November 13th, 2008 08:04 PM

Exactly. Nilfheim is a hero killer that can freeze a couple of squads along the way. Zelrig is best as a squad toaster.

rym November 13th, 2008 08:48 PM

I vote Nilfrig.

Oops, I meant Zelheim. :p

Seriously, like Rev and Aldin pointed out, it all depends.

nyys November 13th, 2008 08:54 PM

Zelrig vs Nilfheim would have been a better title for this thread.

braxattack371 November 14th, 2008 01:11 AM

It all depends on the map and the special rules of the map. I believe that no units are better than any other units, but I do have some preferences to which units I field. A mere Marrden Nagrub can defeat Zelrig or Nilfheim

braxattack371 November 14th, 2008 01:15 AM

Theseguys would work really well togethor Zel would take care of squads while Nilf would take care of the tougher enemies like Sg. Drake.