Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Suskra (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56183)

Leaf_It September 28th, 2019 10:05 PM

The Book of Suskra

The Book of Suskra

C3V - Wave 8 (Wave 21) Curse of Stormtorn Peak - Boars and Bluecoats

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...kra_master.png
PDF DOWNLOAD

The figure used for this unit is a D&D Dungeon Command miniature from the Blood of Gruumsh box set. Its name is Wereboar.

Character Bio:
Valhalla is no stranger to the Hybrids of Eberron, but Suskra may be the most fearsome of them all. He charges into battle recklessly, with inhuman endurance, seeking a victim to rend with his tusks. Even the toughest hero can be laid low with one barrage from this killing machine.

Quote:

OVEREXTEND ATTACK
After taking a turn with Suskra, you may place a wound marker on Suskra and take another turn with him. You may use this power only once during a round.

GORE
If Suskra inflicts one or more wounds on a Unique Hero with a normal attack, you must place 1 additional wound marker on the defending figure's Army Card.
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • [TBD]
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits or Penalty Received
  • WEREWOLF LORD: MOON FRENZY
    As a Hybrid hero, a Werewolf Lord can use Moon Frenzy to make an attempt to take a turn with Suskra.
    It's a benefit if the Werewolf Lord is in your team.
    It's a penalty if the Werewolf Lord is an opponent.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • SELEENA: FERAL SWIPE
    Seleena rolls 2 additional dice when attacking adjacent Hybrid figures.
  • Torin: Evil Eye Protection:
    As a small figure who follows Utgar, Suskra may benefit from Torin's EVIL EYE PROTECTION.
  • Ornak: Red Flag of Fury:
    As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Suskra may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
- TBA

Spuke Boy September 29th, 2019 03:19 AM

Re: The Book of Suskra

Suskra also benefits from Ornak's Red Flag of Fury Aura and from Torin's Evil Eye Protection.

Leaf_It September 29th, 2019 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuke Boy (Post 2318207)
Suskra also benefits from Ornak's Red Flag of Fury Aura and from Torin's Evil Eye Protection.

Darn it, I remembered these when I started making this book, but forgot after I typed up the card text.

Seb from space December 2nd, 2019 01:30 PM

If an opponent's werewolf lord takes a turn with my Suskra, may he use overextend attack ? If an opponent's werewolf lord takes a turn with my Suskra, may I take a turn with overextend attack after the turn of my opponent ?

Leaf_It December 3rd, 2019 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb from space (Post 2336715)
If an opponent's werewolf lord takes a turn with my Suskra, may he use overextend attack ? If an opponent's werewolf lord takes a turn with my Suskra, may I take a turn with overextend attack after the turn of my opponent ?

Amazingly, this question has never come up in the Werewolf Lord's own book. You'd think it would, since there's several figures with Overextend Attack.

Muskie December 4th, 2019 10:25 AM

Since it says, "take a turn," on the werewolf card, you can overextend. Also, since overextend has been used during the round, it cannot be used again. That is how I read it.

dok June 1st, 2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf_It (Post 2337050)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb from space (Post 2336715)

Amazingly, this question has never come up in the Werewolf Lord's own book. You'd think it would, since there's several figures with Overextend Attack.

Yes, this is an issue that exists in classic 'scape as well, if (for example) there is a Lycanthropy marker on Alistair. Or just if a Mindflayer Enslaves Alistair.

Our understanding when we made this card was that, because overextend attack triggers after taking a turn, control returns to the original player before the Mindflayer/WWL player has a chance to use Overextend Attack.

Just_a_Bill June 18th, 2021 10:24 AM

One important fix and two minor tweaks for the text transcript:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf_It (Post 2318143)
OVEREXTEND ATTACK << usually boldface
After taking a turn with Suskra, you may place a wound marker on Suskra and take another turn with him. You may use this power only once during a round.

GORE << usually boldface
If Suskra inflicts one or more wounds on a Unique Hero with a normal attack, you may must place 1 additional wound marker on the defending figure's Army Card.

Leaf_It June 18th, 2021 05:02 PM

fixed.