Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   C3G April Fools: What did you think? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=35519)

lefton4ya April 4th, 2011 05:05 PM

C3G April Fools: What did you think?

Did they get you? Was it funny? Was it tasteful? Did you believe Balantai was Griffin? Did you participate in perpetuation of the foolery (whether intentional or out of ignorance)? Did you try to stop people from believing it was April fools? What was your favorite fake thread/post? Did you give people rep? Can they top themselves next year? Should I add a poll to this thread with "I knew it was a prank" / "I fell for it" / "I wasn't sure" or other options?

Discuss!

Spoiler Alert!

Spidey'tilIDie April 4th, 2011 05:19 PM

Re: C3G April Fools: What did you think?

I knew the Threads were a joke and the Balantai/ Griffin thing had me wondering aloud if I'd been duped. I had to reason through it. Even with ALOT of insider info that one almost got me. I can imagine how others felt.

Karat April 4th, 2011 05:26 PM

I was extremely hesitent to even enter it, let alone read anything, and I was highly skeptical the entire time, the A3n thing had me going for a little bit, but once I saw the Griffin/Balantai thing I knew it was a farce.

I think you could always do better, but as I told Bats, I have plans for next year, and it's sure to get the attention of all the heroes, but as I do ont know who I can trust, that is not already a hero, not to leak it, I will maintain my plans to myself, until next year, and then, I will send out invites to all the current Allies/Sidekicks at the time, asking them if they would care to participate, and swearing them to sercrecy as well. That is the only way this would work.

P.S. If you're an Ally or Sidekick, and you can convince me that you will not divulge it, I may just let you know, just maybe ;)

LordEsenwienIV April 4th, 2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 1378876)
I was extremely hesitent to even enter it, let alone read anything, and I was highly skeptical the entire time, the A3n thing had me going for a little bit, but once I saw the Griffin/Balantai thing I knew it was a farce.

I think you could always do better, but as I told Bats, I have plans for next year, and it's sure to get the attention of all the heroes, but as I do ont know who I can trust, that is not already a hero, not to leak it, I will maintain my plans to myself, until next year, and then, I will send out invites to all the current Allies/Sidekicks at the time, asking them if they would care to participate, and swearing them to sercrecy as well. That is the only way this would work.

P.S. If you're an Ally or Sidekick, and you can convince me that you will not divulge it, I may just let you know, just maybe ;)

:wave: There, I convinced you. :p

johnny139 April 4th, 2011 06:03 PM

Very clever, but it didn't really get me - I mean, my initial "someone screwed up" feeling dissipated when I realized there was only one page of threads, including a Clone Saga Master Set. So they didn't quite convince me, no. And so, everything in that forum was pretty obviously a joke to me.

A3n's "I'm leaving over extreme private personal issues" DID convince me, though; my heart dropped in my chest there. It wasn't until HeIsBatman's "Good riddance, you dirty Aussie!" that I realized that was a joke - he's just too nice for something like that. Griffin, maybe, but not Batty. :p So that got me, yeah, for sure... a gag within a gag. Very clever.

Jim April 4th, 2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1378918)
Very clever, but it didn't really get me - I mean, my initial "someone screwed up" feeling dissipated when I realized there was only one page of threads,

Didn't you read the part about having lost most of the threads from a server crash?

Balantai April 4th, 2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

A3n's "I'm leaving over extreme private personal issues" DID convince me, though; my heart dropped in my chest there. It wasn't until HeIsBatman's "Good riddance, you dirty Aussie!" that I realized that was a joke - he's just too nice for something like that. Griffin, maybe, but not Batty. :p So that got me, yeah, for sure... a gag within a gag. Very clever.

Same exact thing for me. I didn't see the "Inner Sanctum" until after I read the post where A3n was leaving and I was completely fooled until I read Bats' "...good riddance...".

Devil's Advocate April 4th, 2011 06:13 PM

-The Balantai/Grifin thing didn't seem very believable since having 2 accounts is against site rules and it is highly probable that 1 of them would have been discovered and banned. Even if they had avoided detection for a long period of time, it seemed unlikely that they would publicly admit to breaking site rules.

-The cards/threads were thematic (such as Drunken Iron Man) but with it being April 1 was very easy to spot since you know to look for fake stuff on April Fool's Day.

johnny139 April 4th, 2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 1378922)
Quote:

Very clever, but it didn't really get me - I mean, my initial "someone screwed up" feeling dissipated when I realized there was only one page of threads,

Didn't you read the part about having lost most of the threads from a server crash?

Pssh, no one reads stickies. :p

Karat April 4th, 2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1378943)
Quote:

Quote:

What are those? :razz:

Balantai April 4th, 2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 1378948)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We'll explain when you get older.

Karat April 4th, 2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1378960)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 1378948)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We'll explain when you get older.

How much older? I'm already working my way towards my third decade :razz: