Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Lady Deathstrike (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=35090)

Good Pig March 6th, 2011 06:34 PM

The Book of Lady Deathstrike

The Book of Lady Deathstrike

C3G MARVEL WAVE 16
XTINCTION AGENDA

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix Lady Deathstrike figure from the Xplosion set.
Its model number and name are #092 / Lady Deathstrike.
Character Bio - Lady Deathstrike is a foe of the X-Men, especially Wolverine. Her father Lord Dark Wind created the adamantium-bonding process that was forced on Wolverine. A self-styled warrior, Lady Deathstrike hired the villain Spiral’s "body shoppe" to bond adamantium to her own skeleton in addition to other cyber-genetic enhancements. She has since worked as a mercenary and assassin and feels a need to prove herself by killing Wolverine.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • As a figure with the Cybernetic Repair X special power, other figures with the same power can benefit from revealing the 'X' Order Marker on this card. Current figures with Cybernetic Repair X special power.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Griffin March 6th, 2011 06:59 PM

Re: The Book of Lady Deathstrike

NAME = LADY DEATHSTRIKE
SECRET IDENTITY = YURIKO OYAMA

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 240

ADAMANTIUM CLAWS
Figures subtract 2 from their defense dice when attacked by Lady Deathstrike with an adjacent normal attack.

VENGEFUL STRIKE
After moving and before attacking, if there is at least one Wound Marker on this card, you may choose a figure adjacent to Lady Deathstrike and roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each Wound Marker on this card. If you roll 12-18, the chosen figure receives 1 wound. If you roll 19 or higher, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.

CYBERNETIC REPAIR X
At the end of the round, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Cybernetic Repair X special power.

SUPER STRENGTH

Spoiler Alert!

IAmBatman March 6th, 2011 07:04 PM

3 attack might be too high for her ...

Good Pig March 6th, 2011 07:12 PM

I could see a frenzy type ability work too. Let me sleep on that one.

I don't want it to be too easy to boost her and then go on a rampage 1 shotting figures. 2 attack x2 skulls would be too weak though. :ponder:

IAmBatman March 6th, 2011 07:13 PM

Yeah, Griff's approach is probably a good one here.

Good Pig March 6th, 2011 07:16 PM

She does have adamantium talons though. Is that too much different that Wolverine (4 attack -2 defense) considering she only gets one attack?

EDIT: Yeah getting 6 skulls is way too easy. Seems broken. I'll try to figure something else out.

IAmBatman March 6th, 2011 07:18 PM

I'd even probably be OK with 3 dice deadly strike ... IF it's on a special attack (so no bonuses).

Good Pig March 6th, 2011 07:24 PM

Base attack of 2

DEATH STRIKE
When rolling attack dice for a normal attack or a leaving engagement strike, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.

RETALIATION
Lady Deathstrike starts the game with 3 red Retaliation Markers. After Lady Deathstrike receives one or more wounds from an opponent's attack, place a red Retaliation Marker on the attacking figure's card. When Lady Deathstrike attacks this figure with her normal attack, she may attack one additional time.

tcglkn March 6th, 2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Pig (Post 1358732)
Base attack of 2

DEATH STRIKE
When rolling attack dice for a normal attack or a leaving engagement attack, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.

RETALIATION
Lady Deathstrike starts the game with 3 red Retaliation Markers. After Lady Deathstrike receives one or more wounds from an opponent's attack, place a red Retaliation Marker on the attacking figure's card. When Lady Deathstrike attacks this figure with an adjacent attack, she may attack one additional time.

I like this more than Vengeful Strike 13 and Death Strike with an attack of 3 is really over powered IMHO.

Now shouldn't that be leaving engagement strike? ;)

Griffin March 6th, 2011 10:03 PM

I am liking where you are going GP. However, when you reminded me that she is using Adamantium, that set it off in my mind that even though Death Strike is an interesting play on her name and the official Deadly Strike (everyone does this btw), her true power is adamantium claws, and we have already defined that on Wolverine's card.

As much as I have been annoyed with defense subtraction powers lately, she needs Adamantium Claws. I would have to Death No any design that has Admantium claws without the Adamantium Claws special power.

Good Pig March 6th, 2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1358869)
I am liking where you are going GP. However, when you reminded me that she is using Adamantium, that set it off in my mind that even though Death Strike is an interesting play on her name and the official Deadly Strike (everyone does this btw), her true power is adamantium claws, and we have already defined that on Wolverine's card.

As much as I have been annoyed with defense subtraction powers lately, she needs Adamantium Claws. I would have to Death No any design that has Admantium claws without the Adamantium Claws special power.

Good point. I'll bump her attack to 4 and give her Adamantium Claws.

With this change I think a counter strike ability (rather than frenzy) is the way to go to avoid making her a copy Wolverine.

tcglkn March 6th, 2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Pig (Post 1358888)
With this change I think a counter strike ability (rather than frenzy) is the way to go to avoid making her a copy Wolverine.

Cool, you have anything in mind?

I think a power called Death Strike is too cool to lose. 8)