Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53714)

TrollBrute January 15th, 2017 03:03 PM

The Book of Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)

The Book of Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 27
YOUNG MARVELS

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...shop_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ishop_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Avengers Assemble set.
Its model number and name are #018 / Kate Bishop.

Character Bio - After being brutally attacked in Central Park, Kate Bishop dedicated herself to never being weak again. Devoting much of her energy toward training herself in combat techniques, Kate quickly became efficient in a number of styles. After a run-in with the Young Avengers, Kate followed the team to Avengers mansion, where she "borrowed" gear from the stashes of Hawkeye, Mockingbird, and Swordsman to help the Young Avengers fight Kang the Conqueror. This lead to Kate becoming an official part of the team.

During her many adventures with the Young Avengers, Kate refined her fighting style and superhero identity. Her natural archery skills and training shone through, and she took the name Hawkeye in honor of Clint Barton, who was thought to be dead at the time. After two stints with the Young Avengers, Kate would go on to earn Clint Barton's (begrudging) approval. Fighting alongside him, Kate became recognized as one of the best archers in the universe, and a true hero.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Hawkeye's Not Your Sidekick special power allows her to attack before a Unique Archer Hero or Unique Rookie Hero that you control takes a turn. Current Archers and Rookies.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a Human, Hawkeye interacts differently with these special powers.
  • Tiny, large, and huge figures are not affected by Hawkeye's Pinning Shot special power. Current tiny, large, and huge figures.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

TrollBrute January 15th, 2017 03:04 PM

Re: The Book of Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) - Brainstorming Phase

NAME = HAWKEYE
SECRET IDENTITY = KATE BISHOP

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROOKIE
PERSONALITY = SARCASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140

NOT YOUR SIDEKICK
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Archer Hero or Unique Rookie Hero you control within clear sight of Hawkeye and before taking a turn with that figure, if Hawkeye is not engaged, she may immediately attack an opponent's figure with her normal attack. After using this power, you may not attack or take any additional turns with other figures you control other than that Archer or Rookie.

PINNING SHOT
If Hawkeye attacks a non-adjacent small or medium figure with her normal attack and rolls at least one skull, until the end of your turn, the defending figure may not move and rolls 1 fewer defense die against any other attacks.

DOUBLE SHOT
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and attacking a non-adjacent figure with Hawkeye's normal attack, she may attack one additional time.

change log:
Spoiler Alert!

TrollBrute January 15th, 2017 03:04 PM

Okay, first thing, which mini? I have the original costume one as a placeholder in the OP because I have that figure:

http://herominis.com/media/catalog/p...s/i/si023l.jpg

It's an ugly and weirdly tall mini though. There's also the much more recent:

http://www.blueratgames.com/media/ca...hcavas018.jpg_

Which is not great either, but is closer to her current costume, and probably has many more options for art matching that costume.

For the design itself, I'm pretty settled on the direction of the first two powers. The third is a late addition that V suggested and was liked. I'm not as attached to that one, but I like it well enough. Don't have a great name for it though. Another option tossed about was:

Quote:

ADAMANTIUM ARROW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 3.
Choose a non-adjacent figure to attack. Defending figures roll two less defense dice when defending against this special attack.

Viegon January 15th, 2017 04:35 PM

Second mini looks better to me. I like the power set as-is; maybe a more generic name for the third power, something like Double Shot?

Yodaking January 15th, 2017 04:51 PM

I like what you have except one skull on 3 dice is a little too easy to achieve. I'd go with 2 or more skulls, that would result in 33% of the time pinning someone when not boosted, 50% of the time when attacking with +1.

johnny139 January 15th, 2017 08:26 PM

Overall I like the direction. First two powers are pretty much perfect, and I have no strong preference on the third... maybe leaning toward the special attack, but the multiple defense reduction powers would make it feel a bit samey.

Fair point by Yodaking. Maybe go with something like "if she did not roll a blank" or something if we want to be tricky with it (which gives you a 58% chance of pinning someone with 3 dice and a 48% chance of pinning someone with 4 dice).

Second mini for sure, unless you have separate plans for Kate-the-Young-Avenger and Kate-the-Solo-Hawkeye.

japes January 15th, 2017 10:33 PM

It seems like what was discussed before and while I really like adamantium arrow I like this package better overall

TrollBrute January 16th, 2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viegon (Post 2130976)
Second mini looks better to me. I like the power set as-is; maybe a more generic name for the third power, something like Double Shot?

I considered it, but Double Shot made me think of the coffee drink. :p I could roll with it though. Or maybe Dual Shot?

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2131024)
Fair point by Yodaking. Maybe go with something like "if she did not roll a blank" or something if we want to be tricky with it (which gives you a 58% chance of pinning someone with 3 dice and a 48% chance of pinning someone with 4 dice).

I'm fine with the power triggering almost every time (it's mostly only a -1 to defense), but I like this option too. Triggering on no blanks makes it feel more like it's something that happens when she doesn't miss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2131024)
Second mini for sure, unless you have separate plans for Kate-the-Young-Avenger and Kate-the-Solo-Hawkeye.

No, this is sort of a combination of the two. I considered splitting up the design, as her early stuff in YA is different from the current characterization, but I think this works to capture all the iconic bits of her time with both the YA and with Clint. The current third power also helps her to be more playable as a solo-Hawkeye too.

TrollBrute January 18th, 2017 06:48 PM

So I think we're looking at this so far:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrollBrute (Post 2130933)
NAME = HAWKEYE
SECRET IDENTITY = KATE BISHOP

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROOKIE
PERSONALITY = SARCASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

NOT YOUR SIDEKICK
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Archer or Rookie Hero you control within clear sight of Hawkeye and before taking a turn with that figure, if Hawkeye is not engaged, she may immediately attack an opponent's figure with her normal attack. After using this power, you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control other than that Archer or Rookie.

PINNING SHOT
If Hawkeye attacks a non-adjacent figure with her normal attack and does not roll a blank, that figure may not move and rolls 1 fewer defense die for the remainder of your turn.

DOUBLE SHOT
After revealing an Order Marker in this card and taking a turn, if Hawkeye attacked a non-adjacent figure, she may attack one additional time.

Any other thoughts or worries here before the Initial?

Might as well go ahead and tag the CRB. @dok @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1 any worries/combos with the above?

Yodaking January 18th, 2017 06:51 PM

Looks pretty good. Red Arrow, Green Arrow, & Hawkeye (Kate) seems like the start of a fun army. I'd even consider throwing in Hawkeye II.

Dysole January 18th, 2017 06:53 PM

Like a Hawkeye

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST

Competitive Concerns
Does the design offer worrisome Order marker movement or efficiency? No. Just another bonding option.

Does the design offer superior Auto wounding? No.

Does the design cause the prevention of abilities (Blob, Polaris, Meteorite)? Yes. Movement based defense powers, but this is old territory.

Does the design move other figures? No.

Does the design boost other figures (outside of a narrowly defined set)? No.

Does the design have one or more excellent defensive powers? No.

Does the design auto destroy or take control of other figures in a way that unbalances the design? No.

Does the design have any other concerns? Not really, unless she comes in super cheap.

Summary of Any Competitive Concerns/Suggestions for Changes: I have no concerns.

~Dysole, thinking she just adds a bit more flexibility to some builds

dok January 18th, 2017 07:47 PM

Yeah, it's a nice synergy figure for sure, but nothing concerning at the right price. One thing that sticks out to me is that Pinning Shot hits less often when you have height, which is weird.