Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Comic Hero Custom Creations (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Velenne's Custom SuperHeroScape -4/20 Punisher page 12! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=29121)

Velenne February 24th, 2010 08:10 PM

Velenne's Custom SuperHeroScape -4/20 Punisher page 12!

Well I've finally bought into this movement whole-hog! I purchased my first few Heroclix figures today for the express purpose of making a few of my own customs. Purchased were: Colossus, Sabretooth, Wolverine, Gambit, and Cable.

I'll use this first post as a display thread for the final versions once I've come up with them. It seems likely that as the C3G project ramps up to doing 'a la cart' some of these may become outmoded, but for now it should be a fun exercise.

A :star: denotes the figure's stats and card have been finalized and the pic is included in the spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishop

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cable
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colossus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gambit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Man

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega Red
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punisher
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NM24 Sabretooth

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretooth

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate Wolverine

IAmBatman February 24th, 2010 08:58 PM

Re: Velenne's Custom SuperHeroScape

I look forward to seeing what you come up with! :-)

Grungebob February 24th, 2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1022594)
I look forward to seeing what you come up with! :-)

Me too!

Griffin February 24th, 2010 09:14 PM

Put me down for three!

Spidey'tilIDie February 24th, 2010 09:16 PM

Darn! I wanted to be three!

Griffin February 24th, 2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 1022609)
Darn! I wanted to be three!

You can just be here. :p

Velenne February 25th, 2010 12:13 AM

Wow! Thanks for all the support! I'm very humbled and grateful to have some folks watching already. :)

I've got general ideas for the way I want each of these figures to go. I'm going to try to encapsulate their characters as best as possible while still making a unit that's fun and unique to Heroscape. Therein lies the challenge!

So I'll start with a character I know fairly well and already have worked out in my head:

Spoiler Alert!

Victor Creed might be a cold, vicious sociopath, but when it comes to battle his tactics are plainly straightforward. I want him to be simple but still quite menacing. The Frenzy/Healing combo allows him to stay up but his non-super defense and single attack keep him from stratospheric levels of power.

I thought limiting his ability to disengage would also lend itself to both Creed's single-minded straightforwardness and limiting the player's ability to minimize leaving engagement wounds via the Healing Frenzy. Committing Sabretooth to an enemy means really committing to it!

Finally, I wanted Frenzy to be a requirement so I made the change from 'may' to 'must' in the ability wording.

I think Creed would match up well with other brawlers in the 200-point range like SotM Drake, Captain America, Charos, or even Sujoah, but ranged figures would dominate him. His movement and 4D/5L are his liablity. Opponents who see Order Markers on him need to attack him hard and fast and that's the way it should be, thus a player who neglects his own Sabretooth might quickly find him mincemeat. In this way, having Sabretooth on your team can be real a liability.

Matt Helm February 25th, 2010 12:24 AM

Simple, elegant... that's what I'm talking about.

I'm not so sure about the "must" take a turn though. I mean, every aspect of a turn is voluntary anyway. You say I must take a turn so I say, "OK, in my turn, I chose not to move and not to attack. Now my turn is over so let me remove a wound marker and roll again for a 16." My point is, "must" take a turn doesn't really matter from "may" take a turn unless he has a another power that must be used each turn. As it stands, there's no reason not to take the extra turn but I hope you see what I mean.

Great start and keep them coming.

IAmBatman February 25th, 2010 12:42 AM

I agree with Mr. Helm on the may/must issue. I like the ideas here a lot. I think if I were doing this for C3G I'd want to see the Blood Frenzy move lowered and I'd probably have an idea for a third power to add on. ;) But I really do like how the powers her encapsulate the character well. Good stuff.

Velenne February 25th, 2010 12:54 AM

Colossus

Spoiler Alert!

Piotr, like many comic units, has several 'must have' powers. I knew I needed to include all 3 of these abilities in some way but getting them to work together without being too wordy or needing a bunch of dice took some time.

From what I understand, Colossus doesn't just have metal skin. It's his whole body. So that why I called it Osmium Body. While in this form, he's nigh-invulnerable so I had to balance out his Defense dice with his double-shield ability, and still include other nifty demonstrations of his invulnerability. I'm very happy with this wording.

Combine that with Protector, and you've now got a true tank on your team. Tandros Kreel's ability (named for the corresponding D&D ability) is very well-worded and suffices for Piotr's personality in my opinion. Given how texty Fastball Special becomes, I want to keep Protector easy.

As for Fastball, it's evident to me by the various ways others have done this ability that it's tough to pull off. To make it simple and sensible, both Colossus and his 'Fastball' need to be unengaged. After that, you roll a dice and you've accomplshed your goal of moving a buddy into adjacency (usually with a shooter on a perch) without actually having to move them.

I don't think Defensive figures need high costs; Heroscape is a game of offense. Colossus packs a punch and has a little bit of utility so I'd put him in a category of Sonlen, Dupuis, or SuBakNa. His 4 life and 5 movement, combined with his extremely tough hide, color him as a slow, implacable foe who will do some damage once he's gotten to you. I'm pleased with that.

Velenne February 25th, 2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Helm (Post 1022795)
Simple, elegant... that's what I'm talking about.

I'm not so sure about the "must" take a turn though. I mean, every aspect of a turn is voluntary anyway. You say I must take a turn so I say, "OK, in my turn, I chose not to move and not to attack. Now my turn is over so let me remove a wound marker and roll again for a 16." My point is, "must" take a turn doesn't really matter from "may" take a turn unless he has a another power that must be used each turn. As it stands, there's no reason not to take the extra turn but I hope you see what I mean.

Great start and keep them coming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1022807)
I agree with Mr. Helm on the may/must issue. I like the ideas here a lot. I think if I were doing this for C3G I'd want to see the Blood Frenzy move lowered and I'd probably have an idea for a third power to add on. ;) But I really do like how the powers her encapsulate the character well. Good stuff.

A good point. What if I added this to "Bloodlust":
Quote:

BLOODLUST
If there is at least one wound marker on this army card, Sabretooth may not attempt to leave engagement with an enemy figure and must attack a figure he is engaged with on his turn.
Since you're never 'engaged with' your own figures, you don't have to worry about friendly fire. I might consider changing 'engaged with' to 'adjacent to'... :twisted:

Including "must" in the frenzy with this version of Bloodlust means that if Creed is wounded, you have to attack on your turn. Seems to fit the theme and address your point. What do you think?

Griffin February 25th, 2010 01:14 AM

I really like how Healing Frenzy covers two major aspects of SABRETOOTH. That is a power that I wouldn't mind seeing on the C3G version of SABRETOOTH. I would probably want to lower the roll to 14 though. :thumbsup: