Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Public Design Workshop (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33035)

Lord Pyre June 27th, 2013 10:28 PM

Re: Public Design Post

I'd see him more on par, or lower, than Batman Beyond, personally (Though I feel our Terry should be higher, but that's another thing).

Cool character, would love to see him done. :)

Smithy Winfred June 28th, 2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margloth (Post 1836026)
Cool design Smithy. I like Viegon's suggested change. I'd also suggest taking 1 attack off the special... 3 attack and 10 range is pretty good, especially without LOS and with the chance to attack again even harder.

He can't move, so it's not really all that impressive, but I just thought it should be on par with Batman's Bat-a-rangs.

And I also think he should be quite a bit more powerful than Terry, who is only 30 points more than Robin. Terry is just a kid, and even though he has better tech, I still think that Batwing could easily take him in a fight.

DocGlock June 28th, 2013 11:48 AM

I'd vote for batwing just to have another counter to mastermind builds. As of right now Cable and Darkside are the only characters that can touch that guy from a distance, so another cheaper option would be welcome in my opinion.

Smithy Winfred June 28th, 2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocGlock (Post 1836271)
I'd vote for batwing just to have another counter to mastermind builds. As of right now Cable and Darkside are the only characters that can touch that guy from a distance, so another cheaper option would be welcome in my opinion.

Not to be off topic, but why can Cable counter cloaking? And also, Mentallo makes a great counter to figures who can't be targeted by range.

DocGlock June 28th, 2013 01:41 PM

Cable is a telepath and therefore not affected by Masterminds ability. There are other telepaths, like Dark Pheonix and Manchester Black, but they only have range of 4. I did forget about Mentallo who is also a very good counter, but all things considered it's still a pretty narrow range of figures and I would be welcome to more options.

Karat June 28th, 2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocGlock (Post 1836341)
Cable is a telepath and therefore not affected by Masterminds ability. There are other telepaths, like Dark Pheonix and Manchester Black, but they only have range of 4. I did forget about Mentallo who is also a very good counter, but all things considered it's still a pretty narrow range of figures and I would be welcome to more options.

In that case, what about Martian Manhunter?

weebaer June 28th, 2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 1836342)
Quote:

There are plenty of Telepaths, DocGlock's point is that there are very few with a range of greater than 4. Most have to get within walking distance to do damage. Martian Manhunter has a range of 3.

There are a decent amount of figures that have abilities that do not require clear sight. DocGlock mentioned one Darkseid. Off the top of my head I can think of Professor X and Selene Gallio.

Matsermind is also affected by area of effect special attacks like Avalanche, Human Torch, Storm, Black Canary, Siryn, Banshee, some of the Iron men, Cyclops (as long as he is not behind a wall, since it requires line of sight and not clear line of sight) etc etc.

Karat June 28th, 2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weebaer (Post 1836346)
Quote:

Quote:

There are plenty of Telepaths, DocGlock's point is that there are very few with a range of greater than 4. Most have to get within walking distance to do damage. Martian Manhunter has a range of 3.

But has tons of potential in a counter army due to his ability to move every other member of your army :2cents:

weebaer June 28th, 2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 1836352)
But has tons of potential in a counter army due to his ability to move every other member of your army :2cents:

I totally agree with you. MM is fantastic in just about any army imo.

IAmBatman June 29th, 2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weebaer (Post 1836346)
Quote:

Quote:

There are a decent amount of figures that have abilities that do not require clear sight. DocGlock mentioned one Darkseid. Off the top of my head I can think of Professor X and Selene Gallio.

Matsermind is also affected by area of effect special attacks like Avalanche, Human Torch, Storm, Black Canary, Siryn, Banshee, some of the Iron men, Cyclops (as long as he is not behind a wall, since it requires line of sight and not clear line of sight) etc etc.

Yep. All this. And Raven can hurt him too.

Smithy Winfred June 29th, 2013 10:24 AM

So, Line of sight, is different than CLEAR line of sight? That sounds like such a technicality, I always thought the two were synonomous.

cwidje June 29th, 2013 03:09 PM

After pondering (completely forgetting :oops:) the suggestions for my Church of Humanity Disciples design, I edited it once more.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cwidje (Post 1747729)
CHURCH OF HUMANITY DISCIPLE

http://covers.cbrd.info/character_36287_f.jpg

MINI:
Spoiler Alert!

BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = CHURCH OF HUMANITY DISCIPLE
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS/TYPE = Two-Figure Common Squad
CLASS = Citizens
PERSONALITY = Self-Righteous
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5
LIFE = 1
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 100

CRUCIFIXION
After a Church of Humanity Disciple destroys an opponent's figure with a normal attack, do not remove it from the battlefield until the end of the round. The destroyed figure is considered to be an obstacle on the battlefield. All opponents' figures with the same species as the destroyed figure within 5 clear sight spaces of the destroyed figure roll subtract 1 from their Attack and Defense numbers.

IN GOD'S IMAGE
If all the figures you control are human, add 1 to Church of Humanity Disciples' Move, Attack, & Defense numbers.

RELIGIOUS FERVOR
When attacking a nonhuman figure, if a Church of Humanity Disciple inflicts a wound, roll 1 combat die for each wound inflicted. For each skull rolled, inflict 1 extra wound on the target figure.