Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Beyonder (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=34744)

Spidey'tilIDie March 1st, 2011 04:21 AM

Re: The Book of Beyonder - Playtesting

I like that change Bats. However is it possible to say "1-11, take a turn with any card in your Army." That way it works for Beyonder but also your teammates if you have any. Wording probably needs work, buy I think you get the idea.

IAmBatman March 1st, 2011 09:52 AM

Good call, Spidey. I agree with that.

GreyOwl March 1st, 2011 09:56 AM

I don't think "your Army" includes teammates. We'd have to say "with a friendly figure" for that.

IAmBatman March 1st, 2011 09:58 AM

I think by "teammates" Spidey meant teammates of Beyonder, not teammates of the player controlling Beyonder. :-P
I think it'd be enough for him to be able to take a turn with your own figures in that setting.

GreyOwl March 1st, 2011 10:13 AM

Oh, got it. :)

GreyOwl March 1st, 2011 10:15 AM

So isn't it normally worded as "any card you control" though?

GreyOwl March 1st, 2011 10:17 AM

First post updated.

IAmBatman March 1st, 2011 10:17 AM

It looks like cost isn't a concern thus far, though. Hopefully those changes will take care of the major design concerns.

Edit: Yes, it should be "any card you control"

GreyOwl March 2nd, 2011 12:01 PM

Got a late ERB response:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Helm
I applaud your courage in taking on Beyonder (a character that I wish I could forget after reading Secret Wars II ;)).

Supreme Summoning - the usage of the word "may" in consecutive sentences sounds weird and I'm not sure it's necessary. Once you've gotten passed the first may, you could probably drop int from the second sentence...

After moving and before attacking, you may choose one figure within clear sight of Beyonder. Place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Beyonder or instead, choose another figure within clear sight of Beyonder and switch the two chosen figures. Figures moved by Supreme Summoning never take any leaving engagement attacks.

Mere Pawns - On a roll of 1-13 you can choose a Hero you control... at 2500 points, are you really going to have games where there are more figures in your army? :D --- and then why would you need to take temporary control of that figure? He's already yours. I actually don't have a problem with the first part because it is possible to field army sizes as big as you want and besides, there are numerous ways that a figure could come into your army after the game begins. But the second part just sounds odd as you wouldn't need temp control of your own figure.

Excelsior!

IAmBatman March 2nd, 2011 12:06 PM

I think the theme there is that Beyonder's taking a turn with his allies whether they want him to or not. :twisted:
Small wording issue while we're at it:

Take temporary control of each figure and immediately take a turn with each chosen figures.

GreyOwl March 2nd, 2011 04:54 PM

Fixed.

IAmBatman March 2nd, 2011 05:06 PM

Where are we at with playtests for this? I forget how many we're still waiting for ... and given some adjustments based on GoodPig's comments, should we be informing our outstanding testers about these tweaks?