Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Madripoor Mercenaries (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55642)

Lazy Orang March 14th, 2019 05:15 PM

The Book of Madripoor Mercenaries

The Book of Madripoor Mercenaries

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 65
FOR GOLD OR COUNTRY

https://www.heroscapers.com/c3g/rele...ries_comic.png
Comic PDF

https://www.heroscapers.com/c3g/rele...aries_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Dark Knight Rises set.
Its model number and name are #008 / Mercenary.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Harley Quinn and the Gotham Girls set.
Its model number and name are #012 / Mercenary.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Iron Man 3 Movie set.
Its model number and name are #05 / Extremis Soldier.
Its model number and name are #105 / Extremis Mercenary.

Character Bio - The international criminal underworld breeds all sorts of degenerates - men and women willing to fight and kill for whatever cause they're paid for. Often employed by terrorist organisations such as HYDRA, these soldiers of fortune are a diverse lot, coming from all across the world, and from many different backgrounds - criminal, ex-military, or some simply psychopaths drawn to such work from the beginning. Regardless of their origin, these stone-cold killers generally share certain traits - efficiency, professionalism, and a complete absence of morals or empathy.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Lazy Orang March 14th, 2019 05:17 PM

Re: The Book of Madripoor Mercenaries - Design Phase

MADRIPOOR MERCENARIES

HUMAN
COMMON SQUAD (3)
MERCENARIES
MERCILESS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 95

PRIVATE MILITARY CONTRACT
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Terrorist, Mastermind or Mercenary Hero you control, you may do either or both of the following:
  • Instead of moving with that Unique Hero, move any 3 Madripoor Mercenary figures you control;
  • Instead of attacking with that Unique Hero, attack with any 3 Madripoor Mercenary figures you control.
CUT AND RUN 6
At the end of the round, roll the 20-sided die, one at a time, for every unengaged Madripoor Mercenary you control that is not within 6 clear sight spaces of a Unique Hero you control. If you roll a 6 or lower, remove that Madripoor Mercenary from the game.

Lazy Orang March 14th, 2019 05:17 PM

Figure:
Spoiler Alert!

Comic:

Background:

Lazy Orang March 14th, 2019 05:18 PM

Here's where we are right now. I'm sure it will change a bit. I'm happy to rework how their synergy works/divvy up different effects to different classes, but I don't want to cut any of the three classes they're working with now.

Spidey'tilIDie March 14th, 2019 05:23 PM

OK, I've been waiting for an opportunity to suggest this. AotP proves that the game designers were eventually going to create Squads with more than one Life. My suggestion for you to consider (since this one has 3 Unique sculpts) is to make them Unique and give them 2 or 3 Life. I know it feels groundbreaking, but AotP proves it can work. Just a thought.
For the record, it would also reign in their interactions since there would only ever be 3 of them.

IAmBatman March 14th, 2019 05:24 PM

Make it work off their Order Marker and I have no concerns.

Lazy Orang March 14th, 2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 2263726)
OK, I've been waiting for an opportunity to suggest this. AotP proves that the game designers were eventually going to create Squads with more than one Life. My suggestion for you to consider (since this one has 3 Unique sculpts) is to make them Unique and give them 2 or 3 Life. I know it feels groundbreaking, but AotP proves it can work. Just a thought.

I don't mind the idea, but it feels more 'elite' than I'm going for here - these are meant to be absolute generics. That means Common and no stronger than S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents. I like the idea, but this doesn't feel like the place for it - I want these guys to feel like they belong in a similar space to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents and Orion Arm Ravagers.
Plus, AotP has special tiny cube wound markers for a job like that... HS wound markers wouldn't fit on a base, and we can't assume everyone has AotP. Also, I imagine I'd get a lot of resistance on that one! :) It's design space I'd like to explore, but this doesn't feel the place to do it.

Spidey'tilIDie March 14th, 2019 05:28 PM

So this, @IAmBatman ?
Quote:

PRIVATE MILITARY CONTRACT

After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card, you may:
  • Before taking a turn with this Squad, take an immediate turn with either a Unique Mercenary or a Unique Terrorist you control; or,
  • Instead of taking a turn with this Squad, take an immediate turn with any Unique Mastermind you control.

Lazy Orang March 14th, 2019 05:29 PM

Let me think on this... I might have some ideas percolating.

Spidey'tilIDie March 14th, 2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2263730)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 2263726)

I don't mind the idea, but it feels more 'elite' than I'm going for here - these are meant to be absolute generics. That means Common and no stronger than S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents. I like the idea, but this doesn't feel like the place for it - I want these guys to feel like they belong in a similar space to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents and Orion Arm Ravagers.
Plus, AotP has special tiny cube wound markers for a job like that... HS wound markers wouldn't fit on a base, and we can't assume everyone has AotP. Also, I imagine I'd get a lot of resistance on that one! :) It's design space I'd like to explore, but this doesn't feel the place to do it.

See, I feel this is the place, with an Uncommon Mercenary fitting into the spot you envision this squad fitting. Take into account the power that I rewrote with Bat's suggestion and see how they would interact. I really think this would be golden.

EDIT: Also, I never put the wounds on the base in AotP, I put them on their pictures on the card. We could put a lightly watermarked spot to stack WM on each figure's pic.

Ronin March 14th, 2019 05:31 PM

Don't like the idea of multi-life squads. Definitely not feeling it here.

IAmBatman March 14th, 2019 05:34 PM

It would see a bit odd to me for these mooks to have multiple life and not, say, something heavily armored like Lex Corp Security. I don't terribly mind the idea of a Body Armor type of power that grants a second life (basically marked on the figure) but I'm not sure this unit is the right fit for it.