Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Ghost-Spider (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=58481)

Lord Pyre December 30th, 2020 02:12 PM

The Book of Ghost-Spider

The Book of Ghost-Spider

C3G MARVEL WAVE 44
A VERY SPIDEY CHRISTMAS

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ider_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...pider_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Spider-Man and Venom Absolute Carnage set.
Its model number and name are #037 / Ghost-Spider.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Spider-Man and Venom Absolute Carnage Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #006 / Ghost-Spider.

Character Bio - Gwen Stacy was a normal high school girl, who was bitten by a radioactive spider! Gaining incredible super powers, she makes a costume, is given web shooters, and fights crime as the amazing Spider-Woman! Her friend Peter Parker, who is constantly bullied and depressed, is enamored with the new Spider-Woman, and tries to give himself powers to be just like his idol. Instead it turns him into a rabid lizard-like creature. Gwen tries to save the school from Peter's rampage, but unfortunately Peter does not survive the battle. Gwen vows to become the best crime fighter she can, to make up for her mistakes with Peter. This gets the attention of the new Kingpin of Crime, Matt Murdock, and his army of Hand ninja. And on top of it all, she is recruited into an army of multi-dimensional Spider-people who are trying to stop the insatiable hunters, the Inheritors. She gains a dimensional pendant tied to her DNA that allows her to freely travel between universes, and in her home universe her identity is eventually revealed, so to get a measure of peace she travels to the 616 universe with the original Peter Parker. She dubs herself Ghost-Spider, and continues to fight crime, in whatever universe she finds herself in!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Ghost-Spider and up to one figure with a Spider-Verse, Swing Line or Web Swing special power can start the game off the battlefield and join the fight with an additional turn.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Lord Pyre December 30th, 2020 02:12 PM

Re: The Book of Ghost-Spider ~ Breathing

NAME = GHOST-SPIDER
SECRET IDENTITY = GWEN STACY

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = PLUCKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 190

SPIDER-VERSE: REINFORCEMENTS
At the start of the game, you may choose Ghost-Spider and up to one other Unique Hero you control with a Spider-Verse, Swing Line, or Web Swing special power. The chosen Heroes are the Reinforcements and do not start the game on the battlefield. Once per game, after revealing an Order Marker on the card of any Unique Hero and taking a turn with that Hero, you may place the Reinforcements on any empty spaces within 2 clear sight spaces of that Hero. Take an immediate turn with the Reinforcements. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

SPIDER-AGILITY 2
After Ghost-Spider attacks an adjacent figure, she may move up to 2 spaces with her Swing Line special power. If she moves at least one space, she may attack an adjacent figure one additional time.

SWING LINE 4
Instead of her normal move, Ghost-Spider may move up to 4 spaces with Swing Line. When moving with Swing Line, Ghost-Spider has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

Lord Pyre December 30th, 2020 02:13 PM

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini:

Lord Pyre December 30th, 2020 02:14 PM

Alrighty, here's the first step to some Spider-Verse synergy. Currently she can store up to two Spiders, including herself, and then anyone can "activate" them, but we can totally simplify that if we want.

Spider Frenzy is a bit of a reusable power that would work on any other Spider character if we want.

Also Ark totally called dibs on art eons ago, but Tickle tried to more recently, so you guys can fight over it.

tcglkn December 30th, 2020 02:40 PM

I definitely like that she can pop in from a dimensional portal with a friend if that's how you want to play her. :up:

I also DEFINITELY want to do the art here. :pray:

IAmBatman December 30th, 2020 04:10 PM

Getting about 190 on the calculator, fwiw.

tcglkn December 30th, 2020 04:13 PM

Additional feedback, I'd either add 2 to the end of the Spider Frenzy power so we can adjust the move number or just let her move with Swing Line without reducing the move.

Lord Pyre December 30th, 2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2437685)
Getting about 190 on the calculator, fwiw.

Perfect!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 2437686)
Additional feedback, I'd either add 2 to the end of the Spider Frenzy power so we can adjust the move number or just let her move with Swing Line without reducing the move.

Good thought. I like the idea of the move being reduced, then we could always reuse this for Web Swing characters also, but it's not a huge issue. I'm fine either way.

johnny139 December 30th, 2020 05:42 PM

Oh the thread started. :lol: I recall our other Spider-Gwen having a "rhythm attack" that might be a little redundant with the frenzy thing here. Not that multi-attacks are that unique, but not sure if we want to keep them more distinct.

Now that I realize she can also go on the card, I think it going either way is probably fine. I might want to do an "all or nothing" where you have to place them at once, more like The Drop, but that's not a huge deal either way.

Lord Pyre December 30th, 2020 05:53 PM

I don't recall seeing another writeup for her around. If you mean that power on Dee Jay, I don't really like it for Gwen personally. She's just not really that much into music aside from it being a backstory thing. She's pretty much completely given it up by the time any of her series is going on (And it doesn't feel like a particularly "musical" power anyway).

For the "all or nothing," do you mean do place and bond with both Spidermen on her card at the same time, instead of choosing one? I like the choice of storing one for later, but definitely feels more epic to pop 'em both out at a big moment. I might always pick GS and a bigger heavier hitter to go on her card, since if she dies on the battlefield you lose them.

Soundwarp SG-1 December 31st, 2020 03:45 AM

Dee Jay's power was basically conceived as also a power for (earlier time period than this) Spider-Gwen from really early in production. There's also an unrelated public write-up with a 'Rhythmic Beatdown' power that's just Black Canary's thing basically IIRC.

MrNobody December 31st, 2020 03:52 AM

For the dimensions power, I’m kinda down with the idea of a big damn cavalry moment where both figures pop out at once and take their turns. There’s just an undeniable coolness factor there, even if it offers less strategic variety.