Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Racheim (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=47058)

Arch-vile November 19th, 2012 03:43 PM

The Book of Racheim

The Book of Racheim

Tyr's Advance - Heroes of Braunglayde

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons & Dragons figure from the Dangerous Delves set. Its model name and number is Bonechill Chimera #10.

Character Bio: Two heads are better than one, but Racheim will tell you that three are even better. Sweeping across the battle on his mighty wings while raining down blasts of ice, Racheim is a terrifying foe. But even more fearsome is staring him down face to faces: rare and few are the warriors who can withstand the endless assault of Racheim's three ferocious, fanged heads.

Quote:

FROST BREATH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 4.
Figures with the Lava Resistant special power roll 2 less defense dice when attacked by Racheim's Frost Breath Special Attack.

TRIPLE ATTACK
When Racheim attacks with a normal attack, he may attack two additional times.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Racheim's movement, ignore elevations. Racheim may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Racheim starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

-SKULL DEMON: Valkrill Attack Aura 1
As a Valkrill follower with a Range of 1, Racheim may benefit from the Skull Demon's VALKRILL ATTACK AURA 1 ability.

Synergy Benefits Imposed

LAVA RESISTANT FIGURES : FROST BREATH SPECIAL ATTACK
When Racheim attacks with FROST BREATH SPECIAL ATTACK, these figures roll 2 less defense dice:
-Racheim is also the first C3V miniature requiring a modification other than rebasing: his wings need to be raised to allow him to fit in tighter spots on the map. It's quite simple, and a step-by-step guide can be found HERE.

Power Ranking and Master Index
Hey, remember when Dragons didn't bond? B+

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

Arch-vile November 19th, 2012 03:44 PM

Re: The Book of Racheim

Let me know if I missed anything or if anything needs adjusted. Thanks! ;)

hivelord November 19th, 2012 03:49 PM

Under Synergy you say "Morgoloth" instead of "Racheim"

[EDIT] Fixed. :D

Shedim Kabal November 19th, 2012 04:36 PM

I'm having trouble seeing this guy in an army. It's not that he's bad; it's just that he suffers from the pre-Greenscale problems that plagued dragons: high-cost, order marker intensive, and surprisingly fragile. Is there a good build for him?

Arch-vile November 19th, 2012 04:54 PM

I had success with this build:
Finn the Viking Champion
Knights of Weston x3
Racheim
Raelin 1.0 (510)

A Finn boost is very appreciated for Triple Attack. Racheim isn't really a master at anything, but is more of a "Jack of all trades". Don't tie him up into engagements all the time- a ranged flier is powerful and only use Triple Attack when need be. :2cents:

kolakoski November 19th, 2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-vile (Post 1716138)
I had success with this build:
Finn the Viking Champion
Knights of Weston x3
Racheim
Raelin 1.0 (510)

A Finn boost is very appreciated for Triple Attack. Racheim isn't really a master at anything, but is more of a "Jack of all trades". Don't tie him up into engagements all the time- a ranged flier is powerful and only use Triple Attack when need be. :2cents:

Well met!

I don't have any Knights, unfortunately - or at least that kind.

210 Phantom Knights x 3
150 [Sir Dupuis][Cyprien][Othkurik/Isamu][Moriko/Theracus]
140 Racheim
500, 12-14 spaces

with Finn Bomb:

140 Racheim
140 Phantom Knights x 2
100 Agent Carr
80 Finn
40 Theracus
500, 12 spaces

Double Dragon

140 Othkurik
140 Racheim
120 Greenscales x 2
100 Krav
500, 13 spaces

MegaSilver November 19th, 2012 08:26 PM

I'd save him for cleanup. He can deal well with other cleanup figures around the same cost.

superfrog November 19th, 2012 08:46 PM

The Lavas Resistant list should go under "Synergy Imposed", but good job!

kolakoski November 19th, 2012 10:01 PM

Call Me Sir!

210 Phantom Knights x 3
150 [Sir Dupuis][Cyprien][Othkurik/Isamu][Moriko/Theracus]
140 Racheim
500, 12-14 spaces

Enhanced Intelligence

140 Racheim
140 Phantom Knights x 2
100 [Agent Carr]
80 Finn
40 Theracus
500, 12 spaces

Double Dragon

140 Othkurik
140 Racheim
120 Greenscales x 2
100 [Krav]
500, 13 spaces

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1716259)
I'd save him for cleanup. He can deal well with other cleanup figures around the same cost.

Well met!

I get the concept of "cleanup," I think. Rachiem would clearly clean up in the first army, yes? In the second, he waits until Finn dies to do anything? And who really cleans up in the third (play something else than the Krav 'cause they clean up, too?)? How would you combine Racheim with Phantom Knights in general. And what units would you play among the bracketed choices above, or substitute for them.

Dad_Scaper November 19th, 2012 10:17 PM

He's fairly sturdy with a powerful ranged attack. I imagine he'd work well with units that don't want to come chase you, like Venoc Vipers, or (as AV suggested) Knights. Or Incendiborgs!

MegaSilver November 19th, 2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolakoski (Post 1716330)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1716259)

Well met!

I get the concept of "cleanup," I think. Rachiem would clearly clean up in the first army, yes? In the second, he waits until Finn dies to do anything? And who really cleans up in the third (play something else than the Krav 'cause they clean up, too?)? How would you combine Racheim with Phantom Knights in general. And what units would you play among the bracketedchoices above, or substitute for them.

Rachiem could also be used as a mid-game unit, to hunt down someone's key unit once they get close enough to the action. (As in your third army.)

I'd go with one of the first two, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 1716339)
He's fairly sturdy with a powerful ranged attack. I imagine he'd work well with units that don't want to come chase you, like Venoc Vipers, or (as AV suggested) Knights. Or Incendiborgs!

Vipers, you say? Interesting. I suppose if the points don't allow Major Q10... :ponder:

superfrog November 24th, 2012 11:21 AM

"Racheim" is just an anagram of Chimera...

On to my real point: What about Triple Attack stops Racheim from attacking with his special attack on the second or third attacks?