Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker September 4th, 2011 12:12 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

The problems that I see with Natural Leader are:

1) Taking a turn with the Knights of Weston, for example, lets you take a turn with a Human Champion as well, before also taking a turn with Tanis. This might be what you want, but it's a lot.

2) It seems to stretch his theme a little to take a turn with Drake, etc. Perhaps you can limit the figures to those who follow Ullar?

Before taking a turn with Tanis Half-Elven, you may first take a turn with a Half-elf, Elf or Human Archer, Champion, Knight or Warrior Hero or Squad you control.

It's an awful mouthful, but food for thought.

SirGalahad September 4th, 2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1473191)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1473184)
Ok then here we go.

TANIS HALF ELVEN
ULLAR

HALF-ELF
UNIQUE HERO
FIGHTER
CAREFUL
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 7
ATTACK 2
DEFENSE 4

EXPERT MARKSMAN
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an opponent's figure that is not adjacent to him, he may attack one additional time.

WYRMSLAYER
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an adjacent opponent's figure that adjacent to him, add 2 dice to his Attack roll. If the opponent's figure is a dragon, add four 2 additional dice to his Attack roll.

NATURAL LEADER
Before taking a turn with Tanis, you may take a turn with 1 Elf, Half-Elf, or Human hero or squad you control.

I was pretty close! :woot:
Made a few wording suggestions.

The power name "Expert Marksman" makes it sound like he should increase his attack dice for non-adjacent attacks instead of having a double attack.

It is unclear whether the Dragon has to be adjacent for Tanis to get the additional attack dice.

I would add "After revealing an Order Marker on this card and" at the beginning of NATURAL LEADER, and put that power first.

JC McMinis September 4th, 2011 01:57 PM

This better?

DOUBLE SHOT
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks a figure that is not adjacent, he may attack one additional time.

WYRMSLAYER
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an adjacent figure, add 2 dice to his Attack. If the adjacent figure is a dragon, add 2 additional dice to his Attack.

Lamaclown September 4th, 2011 04:30 PM

I have only a moment so I will comment on Tanis tomorrow but I do have a pic to share.

I got the Ironfur Bear when T&T had 50 WoW figs for $10. I haven't rebased him yet but here is a comparison pic...
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...EARCOMPARE.jpg

Once he is rebased he will be as tall as the Minion and taller than MDC and Marro figs.

mac122 September 4th, 2011 07:50 PM

Cool! Thanks for the pic, LC. I might order a couple from Troll and Toad. They have about 200 in stock for $0.49 each.

JC McMinis September 6th, 2011 08:19 AM

Had a thought on how to avoid the multiple turns thing with Tanis. Just a slight change. So here are modified abilities.

NATURAL STRATEGIST
After revealing an order marker and before taking a turn with Tanis Half-Elven, you may first either move or attack with 1 elf, half-elf or human hero or squad you control.
This will avoid the KoW issue mentioned above, since you would only be either moving them or attacking, not actually taking a turn.

DOUBLE SHOT
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks a figure that is not adjacent, he may attack one additional time.
I agree with what SirG mentioned above about expert marksmen sounding like extra attack dice so double sho, I thought sounded better.

WYRMSLAYER
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an adjacent figure, add 2 dice to his Attack. If the adjacent figure is a dragon, add 2 additional dice to his Attack.[/QUOTE]
This clears up the wording on the dragon issue

Lamaclown September 6th, 2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1475496)
WYRMSLAYER
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an adjacent figure, add 2 dice to his Attack. If the adjacent figure is a dragon, add 2 additional dice to his Attack.

Tanis is shaping up quite nicely.

For Wyrmslayer, the wording maight still be a little confusing since both instances refer to adding to his Attack, which means the number on the army card. Either way, it can still be interpreted as adding only 2 dice to his attack whether it is a dragon or not.

Here is an example of what I mean:
Quote:

INSUSTANTIAL 3
A Phantom Knight adds 3 additional defense dice when rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure who is not adjacent.
I think the word "additional" is superfluous but it is the official wording and it means add only 3 defense dice to the Defense value on the Phantom Knights card when using that ability. Since Wyrmslayer uses the same "add # additional dice" language against dragons, it could be lawyered to mean add only 2 dice to the Attack value on Tanis' card.

Does that make sense?

Maybe:
WYRMSLAYER
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an adjacent figure that is not a dragon, add 2 dice to his Attack. When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an adjacent figure that is a dragon, add 4 dice to his Attack.

It is still simple in language and easily understood.

FWIW, I totally understood exactly what you meant, but I am not a rules lawyer. :)

SirGalahad September 6th, 2011 10:38 AM

One way around that is for the first instance to reference his Attack number, which is the value on the card.

Attack number = 2
Attacking adjacent figure = Attack number + 2 = 4
Adjacent figure happens to be a dragon = attack + 2 = 4 + 2 = 6

mac122 September 6th, 2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1475514)
One way around that is for the first instance to reference his Attack number, which is the value on the card.

Attack number = 2
Attacking adjacent figure = Attack number + 2 = 4
Adjacent figure happens to be a dragon = attack + 2 = 4 + 2 = 6

So, how would you word that?

This version is based off of Sword of Reckoning
Quote:

WYRMSLAYER
If Tanis Half-Elven is attacking an adjacent figure, add 2 dice to his attack. If the adjacent figure is a Dragon, add 4 dice instead.

JC McMinis September 8th, 2011 04:09 PM

Ok fixed Wyrmslayer. Oh and mac, will you be able to make the card for Tanis. I don't have the ability right now.

NATURAL STRATEGIST
After revealing an order marker and before taking a turn with Tanis Half-Elven, you may first either move or attack with 1 elf, half-elf or human hero or squad you control.

DOUBLE SHOT

WYRMSLAYER
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an adjacent figure, add 2 dice to his Attack. If the adjacent figure is a dragon, add 4 dice instead.

Lamaclown September 8th, 2011 04:35 PM

:thumbsup:
Looking good, jc.

Although, after eading one of his ability names, I really want a cappucino with extra espresso :)

mac122 September 8th, 2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1477070)
Ok fixed Wyrmslayer. Oh and mac, will you be able to make the card for Tanis. I don't have the ability right now.

NATURAL STRATEGIST

DOUBLE SHOT

WYRMSLAYER
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an adjacent figure, add 2 dice to his Attack. If the adjacent figure is a dragon, add 4 dice instead.

I agree with LC (maybe I should add that to my sig ;)), Tanis is coming together. How about a post with all his traits and stats so we can get the full picture?

Oh, and Yes, I can make the card.