Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Board Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What Board Game Are You Currently Playing? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23535)

EternalThanos86 February 12th, 2009 12:02 AM

What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour (Post 758228)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland (Post 741344)
After seeing similar threads for books, and music, I figured why not one for video games?

I wouldn't mind seeing similar 'currently' threads for board games.

Here you are.

I am currently working through Stone Age and Pandemic with my wife and cousins. We also just bought Ticket to Ride, but have not yet played it.

~ET86

Lord Pyre February 12th, 2009 12:06 AM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Last Night on Earth!

Really loving it! Can't wait to play again!

Hex_Enduction_Hour February 12th, 2009 12:27 AM

Played several games of Sorry! Sliders tonight.
I can't get enough of this game. Very simple and fun and a great way to get my whole family engaged.

It was created by Heroscape's own Craig Van Ness, and as in Heroscape, I see a big potential for customization - especially with multiple boards.
Several sets could yield a Sorry! Sliders minature golf-type layout.
Heh, heh.

Here's an endless board my son and I created today. This was only possible with one set because I called Parker Bros. for replacement boards and received them today. My concern was with the light-colored rings on the yellow and green boards. If you look at the photo below, you can see they are not even on all sides. A bit frustrating, but even my replacement boards were off-center. :? Someone on BGG.com realized that even the images in the rules sheet had off-center boards. Guess it's the nature of the beast, huh?

http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic437335.jpg

Also, my son and I recently played a dogfight with Series III Wings of War miniatures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 (Post 758367)
Quote:

Quote:

After seeing similar threads for books, and music, I figured why not one for video games?

Here you are.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 (Post 758367)
Quote:

Quote:

Here you are.

I am currently working through Stone Age and Pandemic with my wife and cousins. We also just bought Ticket to Ride, but have not yet played it.

~ET86

I don't own any of those games, but I have played Ticket to Ride.

Melwing17 February 12th, 2009 12:32 AM

Scrabble never goes too long without being set up at our house. Nor does Connect Four (not really a board game, but close enough).

On the subject of Ticket to Ride- I've only played the XBOX360 arcade version, but what fun. I totally plan on getting a 'hard' copy. :)

We have the "A Game of Thrones" board game and the expansion unopened... been sitting on the shelf for months. We really need to get that out and play it; excited about that one.

Gabbi February 12th, 2009 03:56 AM

after a couple of weeks my usual group of friend spent playing Agricola, I'm looking forward for some games of Okko, this Friday.

SlikkRikk February 12th, 2009 08:00 AM

Last Night on Earth is always a staple. BattleLore is my new #1 game and we play it often. Sold some stuff on eBay and looking forward to receiving Pillars of the Earth, Dungeon Twister, and Pandemic in the mail tomorrow. The wife is hooked on Lost Cities.

Dignan February 12th, 2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlikkRikk (Post 758429)
Sold some stuff on eBay and looking forward to receiving Pillars of the Earth, Dungeon Twister, and Pandemic in the mail tomorrow. The wife is hooked on Lost Cities.

Pillars of Earth is one of my groups favorites. We usually aren't huge fans of Euros, but this one clicks with us for some reason. Dungeon Twister is great as long as you have two like minded, analytical players. It takes a good deal of tactical thought and can be a really solid game.

Recently I've been playing a ton of Tide of Iron. It's really hitting that sweet spot of depth just above Memoir '44 and below ASL. I've found it to be a really rewarding two player tactics game. Lots of fun.

I also just snagged Diplomacy while Barnes & Noble was having a clearance sale. I'm going to be playing that tomorrow night with a big group. I haven't played it since college and I'm looking forward to all the back stabbing and treachery that will surely ensue.

SlikkRikk February 12th, 2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dignan (Post 758436)
Pillars of Earth is one of my groups favorites. We usually aren't huge fans of Euros, but this one clicks with us for some reason. Dungeon Twister is great as long as you have two like minded, analytical players. It takes a good deal of tactical thought and can be a really solid game.

Recently I've been playing a ton of Tide of Iron. It's really hitting that sweet spot of depth just above Memoir '44 and below ASL. I've found it to be a really rewarding two player tactics game. Lots of fun.

Glad to hear your comments on those two games. I'm really looking forward to them both.

I would LOVE to give Tide of Iron a shot. Not in the cards with the current group of options, though. Might have to wait until son grows up to have the chance. :)

quozl February 12th, 2009 09:30 AM

I have over 500 board and card games (although I've been trading away some to get more Heroscape). You can take a look at what I own here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collect...er/quozl?own=1

jdtenor February 12th, 2009 10:37 AM

Risk Godstorm & Acquire got them a couple of weeks ago 50% off from a local Go games! Also Settlers doesn't get old, also just picked up Age of Empires III & Beowulf a couple of days ago from my local Barnes and Noble at 50% off, can't wait to play Age of Empires heard a lot of good things. :D

LilNewbie February 12th, 2009 11:45 AM

Played Sorry Sliders and Formula D! last week and had a blast. Tonight it will be some good ole' fashioned Heroscape (getting back to the basics!) ;)

Newb.

Jim February 12th, 2009 11:46 AM

Battlestar Galactica by e-mail.

Played the new Catan Geographies: Germany the other night, as well as Snow Tails.

Jim