Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

mac122 September 1st, 2011 11:54 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I'd say go for it. People have had a couple days to chime in with ideas.

Taeblewalker September 2nd, 2011 12:17 AM

Bring Tanis on!

JC McMinis September 2nd, 2011 12:29 AM

Ok then here we go.

TANIS HALF ELVEN
ULLAR

HALF-ELF
UNIQUE HERO
FIGHTER
CAREFUL
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 7
ATTACK 2
DEFENSE 4

EXPERT MARKSMAN
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an opponent's figure that is not adjacent to him, he may attack one additional time.

WYRMSLAYER
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an opponent's figure that adjacent to him, add 2 to his attack roll. If the opponent's figure is a dragon add four to his attack roll.

NATURAL LEADER
Before taking a turn with Tanis, you may take a turn with an elf, half-elf or human hero or squad you control.

mac122 September 2nd, 2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1473184)
Ok then here we go.

TANIS HALF ELVEN
ULLAR

HALF-ELF
UNIQUE HERO
FIGHTER
CAREFUL
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 7
ATTACK 2
DEFENSE 4

EXPERT MARKSMAN
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an opponent's figure that is not adjacent to him, he may attack one additional time.

WYRMSLAYER
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an adjacent opponent's figure that adjacent to him, add 2 dice to his Attack roll. If the opponent's figure is a dragon, add four 2 additional dice to his Attack roll.

NATURAL LEADER
Before taking a turn with Tanis, you may take a turn with 1 Elf, Half-Elf, or Human hero or squad you control.

I was pretty close! :woot:
Made a few wording suggestions.

SirGalahad September 2nd, 2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1473126)
I made the final edits, changed Feline Agility, and posted the cards for Dr. Doolittle and the Animals in the Display Thread. If there are any other edits or the group doesn't like the change to Feline Agility, I can always edit and repost.

Can that be linked in the first post of this thread?

Lamaclown September 2nd, 2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1473194)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1473126)
I made the final edits, changed Feline Agility, and posted the cards for Dr. Doolittle and the Animals in the Display Thread. If there are any other edits or the group doesn't like the change to Feline Agility, I can always edit and repost.

Can that be linked in the first post of this thread?

Only if Balantai does it, or if we had a mod as part of the project. :)

SirGalahad September 2nd, 2011 02:25 AM

What happened to this edit for the Bear?

BEAR HUG
If this Bear is engaged with only 1 opponent's figure, and that figure is not engaged with any other Bears, that figure may not move or be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. Figures affected by Bear Hug subtract 1 die from their attack and defense. Large and huge figures are not affected by Bear Hug.

mac122 September 2nd, 2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1473207)
What happened to this edit for the Bear?

BEAR HUG
If this Bear is engaged with only 1 opponent's figure, and that figure is not engaged with any other Bears, that figure may not move or be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. Figures affected by Bear Hug subtract 1 die from their attack and defense. Large and huge figures are not affected by Bear Hug.

I missed that one. The way it's currently worded is taken from Cyberclaw, but this works, too.

Now, through the magic of the internet, I bring you...THE EDITED BEAR!!!
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...4/HoF/BEAR.png
Thank-you! Thank-you very much! Be sure to tip your waitresses and clear your browser cache if you don't see the updated image.

mac122 September 3rd, 2011 05:56 PM

Speaking of the Bear, I just received my Celestial Black Bear figure in the mail today and well, I'm a bit underwhelmed. It's about the same height as a human Heroscape figure. Does anybody know of a more imposing bear figure? I found this on Troll and Toad, but I have no idea how big it is. The other bears like the DnD Dire Bear or the War Bear don't look much like a Dr. Doolittle animal.

On the other extreme, in the same order, I received the Phantom Maneater figure for the Tiger. It's a little bigger than I thought it would be, but it will still work. We may have to adjust his size on the card.

I'll post some comparison pics in just a bit.

Edit: Here are the pics

Group shot
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...Fgroupshot.jpg
Includes Agent Smith squad, 2 versions of the Predator, Agent J, Red Wolves, Mountain Lion, Indiana Jones, the Bear, and the Tiger...oh, and Frankenstein in the background hoping we'll get back to him sometime.

Closeup of the Bear, Tiger, and Mountain Lion and others
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...earcloseup.jpg
IMO, the Bear should be at least as tall as the Predator, if we can find an appropriate figure.

JC McMinis September 3rd, 2011 07:19 PM

Very cool pic mac, wish I could say I had all of those. Well at least I could use Agent J if I wanted to :D

Taeblewalker September 3rd, 2011 11:22 PM

I've got the cougar and the bear. I know the bear is small, but it's something, at least.

mac122 September 3rd, 2011 11:42 PM

It'll work. If I find a better alternative, I'll post it.

How does everyone feel about Tanis?