Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis May 25th, 2012 08:25 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

That would be awesome mac.

Edit: On Aslan...personally I dont like the inspiring roar being dependant on the X marker. I would think Aslan's mere presence would be inspiring. I do like his other ability however. But I do like the two abilities I presented above for him as well. Perhaps Aslan should be our 1st hero with 4 abilites.

SirGalahad May 26th, 2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1615300)
How about this

My Life For Yours
If a Unique Hero you control, within 4 clear sight spaces of Aslan, recieves enough wounds that it would be destroyed, you may instead may instead destroy Aslan and ignore all wounds.

Aslan Returns
On any round aftet Aslan has been destroyed by My Life For Yours, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, remove all wound markers on this Army Card and place Aslan in your starting zone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1615806)
Okay, here we go:

Aslan
Jandar

Lion
Unique Hero
Lord
Merciful
Large ?

Life 6
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4

Inspiring Roar
After revealing a numbered order marker on Aslan's army card, you may also reveal an 'X' order marker that is on Aslan's amy card to activate Inspiring Roar. When you activate the Inspiring Roar ability, you may move all units you control within 6 spaces of Aslan 3 spaces. For the duration of the round, all units within 3 spaces of Aslan may add 1 to their defense value.

Breath of Life

After moving and before attacking with Aslan, you may roll the 20-sided die.
  • If you roll a 1-5 nothing happens.
  • If you roll a 6-12, you may remove up to 1 wound marker from a friendly unique hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Aslan.
  • If you roll a 13-18, you may remove up to 1 wound marker each from 2 friendly unique heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of Aslan.
  • If you roll a 19-20, you may remove upto 1 wound marker from all friendly unique heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of Aslan, and may place up to 2 previously destroyed common squad figures onto unoccupied spaces within 3 clear sight spaces of Aslan. Any units that cannot be placed are destroyed.

4 powers is too much, especially with this much text. The power set should represent the most iconic elements of the character, not everything the character can do.

Inspiring Roar seems too busy and unclear on the timing. Reveal two OM's on Aslan, then ??. Do the figures move before Aslan takes his turn or after? They can move 3 spaces if they are within 6 spaces, but add defense only if they are within 3 spaces? Too many numbers in there.

How about

Inspiring Roar
After revealing an order marker on this card and taking a turn with Aslan, you may reveal an 'X' order marker on this card. All figures you control within 3 spaces of Aslan may move up to 3 spaces. For the duration of the round, all figures within 3 spaces of Aslan may add 1 die to their defense.

Breath of Life seems like it should only work if the figure is adjacent (breathing life into the fallen hero), but since previously destroyed figures are removed from the battlefield, it works better mechanically to use a modified jcmcminis' My Life For Yours.

My Life For Yours
If a Unique Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Aslan would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, you may immediately move Aslan adjacent to that figure. Remove all wound markers from the Unique Hero's card and destroy Aslan. When Aslan moves with My Life For Yours he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Aslan Returns
Before placing Order Markers for any round after Aslan has been destroyed by My Life For Yours, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, remove all wound markers from this Army Card and place Aslan in your starting zone.

JC McMinis May 27th, 2012 08:47 AM

I like it. Once again SirG comes to the rescue

McHotcakes May 28th, 2012 03:21 AM

Nice work Galahad.

I love My Life For Yours and Aslan Returns, but I agree with jcmcminis about Inspiring Roar. I don't think it should be an be activated ability dependent on the X order marker. It should work more like an aura that automatically inspires everyone around him.

SirGalahad May 28th, 2012 03:29 AM

I'm fine with losing the "X" Order Marker requirement - I was just offering up a reword what was suggested.

Inspiring Roar
After revealing an order marker on this card and taking a turn with Aslan, all figures you control within 3 spaces of Aslan may move up to 3 spaces. For the duration of the round, all figures within 3 spaces of Aslan may add 1 die to their defense.

machinekng May 28th, 2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1617119)
I'm fine with losing the "X" Order Marker requirement - I was just offering up a reword what was suggested.

Inspiring Roar
After revealing an order marker on this card and taking a turn with Aslan, all figures you control within 3 spaces of Aslan may move up to 3 spaces. For the duration of the round, all figures within 3 spaces of Aslan may add 1 die to their defense.

Looks good.

JC McMinis May 28th, 2012 11:09 PM

Just out of curiositity has anyone looked for a possible alternate figure for Aslan...the dire lion looks a little fiendish to be Aslan. Also machineking are you ok with the other suggestions SirG made about usong the modified My Life is yours and Aslan returns?

McHotcakes May 29th, 2012 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1617500)
Just out of curiositity has anyone looked for a possible alternate figure for Aslan...the dire lion looks a little fiendish to be Aslan.

How about these?

http://www.reapermini.com/graphics/g.../4/14133_G.jpg

Celestial Lion

http://www.reapermini.com/graphics/g.../4/02776_G.jpg

Lions

JC McMinis May 29th, 2012 07:31 PM

I like the celestisl lion but its kind of pricey. The othet one isnt to bad and yhe female can be used for the moutain lion we made for Dr. Doolittle.If you buy the pair

JC McMinis June 2nd, 2012 10:28 PM

So mk can we have an updated draft of Aslan.

mac122 June 2nd, 2012 10:56 PM

Here's a suggestion for a figure for Aslan. Blessed Hunter from DnD minis. It's a bit fierce, but it's a nice size prepainted piece at a reasonable price.

JC McMinis June 2nd, 2012 11:01 PM

Nice suggestion mac. I looks alot better than than the dire lion.