Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

SirGalahad July 15th, 2010 10:30 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1144757)
Detect Undead-I was thinking maybe a bonus to initiative if you opponent places an order marker on an undead army card. Sort of Simon knowing that the undead are going to be on the move? Of course I like the movement bonus ideas as well.

Also found another possibility for a mini for Simon. What do you guys think of this one.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/631442

Either way (initiative boost or movement boost) sounds thematic and within the parameters of the game.

I don't know about $6 for an unpainted metal mini, though

Balantai July 15th, 2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1144526)
EDIT: I got a green light from all of the C3G Heros, so we can use their playtest sheet to test out our customs. Balantia I think you should put a link to it in the OP for anyone that is intrested in playtesting.

After we pass our first character, I'll create a playtesting thread and link the playtest sheet and playtest hints to the first post.

Balantai July 15th, 2010 11:37 AM

I don't see 6 dollars as paying too much for a mini. Ultimately, let's leave it up to the designer as to which mini to use. I think the most recent mini that JC found is a great fit for Simon. If that's the one he wants to use, it sounds good to me.

Hrockle July 15th, 2010 11:39 AM

The fig is nice, but as Galahad said, a bit pricey. I think the movement bonus is more fitting than an initiative bonus.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Balantai

It's pricey for those without much money to spend.

Balantai July 15th, 2010 11:40 AM

I would be careful not to overwhelm his card with too many powers that only give bonuses when fighting undead. Or, if you do, keep the bonuses pretty mild. Otherwise, you risk making him too much of a niche character that becomes way overcosted in battles that don't have undead.

Balantai July 15th, 2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrockle (Post 1144882)
The fig is nice, but as Galahad said, a bit pricey. I think the movement bonus is more fitting than an initiative bonus.

I think both are very fitting. I could justify either bonus.

JC McMinis July 15th, 2010 11:52 AM

Well the reason I looked for a new mini to use was because, I thought that it was decided to use a mini pic on the card and not an actual art one. I could not see having a pic of the drow chain fighter on Simon's card, except as the targeting zone.

Balantai July 15th, 2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1144897)
Well the reason I looked for a new mini to use was because, I thought that it was decided to use a mini pic on the card and not an actual art one. I could not see having a pic of the drow chain fighter on Simon's card, except as the targeting zone.

I could definitely understand that concern. Here's another option.

machinekng July 15th, 2010 12:20 PM

I think the powers depend on Simon's role. Is he a counter-draft against undead armies, or an all around unit with bonuses against undead.

Taeblewalker July 15th, 2010 12:22 PM

I have been busy with family, so I couldn't read or post in this very fast-moving thread! Simon looks good - I need to read more thoroughly when I'm not being rushed out the door - but I see him as a great alternative to Ana in the anti-undead role. Great work!

JC McMinis July 15th, 2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1144933)
I think the powers depend on Simon's role. Is he a counter-draft against undead armies, or an all around unit with bonuses against undead.

I plan on making him the later definatley

dfonse July 15th, 2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1144885)
I would be careful not to overwhelm his card with too many powers that only give bonuses when fighting undead. Or, if you do, keep the bonuses pretty mild. Otherwise, you risk making him too much of a niche character that becomes way overcosted in battles that don't have undead.

It seems that he should have only one special attack (Maybe against undead or using his whip)

One special bonus (Against Undead or life drain)

And One Special move (Like using his whip to maneuver.)