Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Rygarn (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50591)

Ninja Status July 30th, 2014 02:42 PM

The Book of Rygarn

The Book of Rygarn

C3V Wave 5 - Lodin's Discord - Heroes of the Lost Citadel

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...r_original.jpg
Printer Friendly PDF

Basic Side:

The figure used for this unit is a Mage Knight figure from the Heroic Quests: The Citadel set. Its model name is Sunbane.

Character Bio: Hailing from the far flung future of Arctorus comes the Chrono-Mage Rygarn. Wielding the mysterious and powerful Chrono-Key, Rygarn can bend time and reality to his will. Rygarn can use this power to rewrite orders given to your forces at a moment’s notice or to step back in his own time-stream to avoid danger. With Rygarn in your army, you'll always be one step ahead of your enemy.

Special Powers
Quote:

Chrono-Key:
Once per round, before revealing a numbered marker on an Army Card in your army, you may choose this Army Card or an Army Card that has at least one figure you control within 6 spaces of Rygarn. Move that numbered Order Marker to the chosen Army Card and reveal it on that Army Card instead.

Temporal Jump:
When Rygarn receives one or more wounds from a normal or special attack by an opponent's figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, choose an empty space within 4 spaces of Rygarn. Place Rygarn on the chosen space to ignore any wounds he just received. If Rygarn is engaged when he uses Temporal Jump, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Quote:

Q: Can you use Chrono-Key to move an order marker from a card whose figures have all been destroyed to a different card?
    A: Yes. An army card whose figures have all been destroyed is still in your army.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • OTONASHI : Tricky Speed 4
    As a Tricky Figure, Rygarn may boost Otonashi's move if she starts adjacent to him.

Synergy Benefits Received
  • AGENT SKAHEN : Cover Fire
    Being a Vydar Tricky figure, Rygarn benefits from Agent Skahen's Cover Fire power.

LAGLOR : Vydar Range Enhancement Aura
    Being a Vydar figure with a range of 6, Rygarn benefits from Laglor's Vydar Range Enhancement Aura.

COMMAND COURIER : Command Dispatch
    Being a Medium Unique Hero who follows Vydar, Rygarn benefits from the Command Courier's Command Dispatch.

ELARIA THE PALE : Queen of Thieves
    As a tricky figure, Rygarn can boost his d20 rolls with Elaria's Queen of Thieves.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

Power Ranking & Master Index
Boosts the efficiency of many armies before he dies, and does solid endgame work after that. A-

Unit Strategy Review- TBA

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...w18_rygarn.jpg

Arch-vile July 30th, 2014 02:50 PM

Re: The Book of Rygarn

Wave should be Lodin's Discord (no "e" at the end). Pack should be Heroes of the Lost Citadel.

Rygarn receives Command Courier, Agent Skahen, and Laglor synergy.

Besides that, looks good!

kevindola July 30th, 2014 02:59 PM

Do you reveal order markers on destroyed figures? And are destroyed figures still in your army? I believe the answer is yes to both of those, but unsure.......

Very important for Rygarn and an initiative win OM1 gamble if you can mitigate the risk of losing initiative with switching the OM off of a destroyed army card.

Anitar July 30th, 2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevindola (Post 1957823)
Do you reveal order markers on destroyed figures? And are destroyed figures still in your army? I believe the answer is yes to both of those, but unsure.......

Very important for Rygarn and an initiative win OM1 gamble if you can mitigate the risk of losing initiative with switching the OM off of a destroyed army card.

Not sure about the "in your army" part, but OMs definitely are not revealed when the figure is destroyed.

kevindola July 30th, 2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anitar (Post 1957827)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevindola (Post 1957823)

Not sure about the "in your army" part, but OMs definitely are not revealed when the figure is destroyed.

I know you can place order markers on destroyed figures (Thanos comes to mind...), but if the figure is destroyed and a numbered order marker is on that destroyed figure, it isn't revealed?

Sheep July 30th, 2014 03:23 PM

Action 1. Reveal Your Order Marker
Start your by revealing your Order Marker for that turn, then laying it number-side up on the Army Card. Note: later in the game, it's possible that the figure(s) on that Army Card will have been destroyed earlier in the round. In such a case, you lose your turn.
You lose your turn. This is why powers that say "After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before/after taking a turn with XXX" don't work because you can't take your turn since you lose it.

However, you still reveal your Order Marker, so my answer would be yes, if I reveal an Order Marker on the card of a figure that is destroyed, I can move that Order Marker to another card in my army. :2cents:

...Now my question is if Rygarn's dead, can you move his Order Marker somewhere else?

Arch-vile July 30th, 2014 04:28 PM

You can move OMs from dead Army Cards. Using risky tactics like an initiative gamble is less risky with Rygarn, because you know you won't lose that Order Marker.

Q: Can you use Chrono-Key to move an order marker from a card whose figures have all been destroyed to a different card?
A: Yes.
An army card whose figures have all been destroyed is still in your army.

If Rygarn is dead, his special powers cannot be used. Plus, there would be no figures within 6 clear sight spaces. ;)

Sheep July 30th, 2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-vile (Post 1957859)
If Rygarn is dead, his special powers cannot be used. Plus, there would be no figures within 6 clear sight spaces. ;)

:duh: At least I had the right answer for one part.

CrazyTankster July 30th, 2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

A: Yes. An army card whose figures have all been destroyed is still in your army.
If an army card who's figure(s) have been destroyed is still in your army, doesn't that interfere with the 4th Mass's valiant power? When a card is destroyed that isn't valiant, the 4th can pick up their defense bonus after the figures are destroyed. That seems to clash with the card still being in your army, except it's not in your army for the 4th?

Sheep July 30th, 2014 05:36 PM

I think it should be: A: Yes. You can still reveal Order Markers on figures that are destroyed.

Anitar July 30th, 2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyTankster (Post 1957879)
Quote:

If an army card who's figure(s) have been destroyed is still in your army, doesn't that interfere with the 4th Mass's valiant power? When a card is destroyed that isn't valiant, the 4th can pick up their defense bonus after the figures are destroyed. That seems to clash with the card still being in your army, except it's not in your army for the 4th?

I think the proper phrasing for Rygarn's power would be "an army card that you control" instead, with that in mind.

awesomeunleashed July 30th, 2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyTankster (Post 1957879)
Quote:

A destroyed figure is always in your army. However, nowhere does Valiant Army Defense Bonus reference "your army."

If it said "you control," destroyed figures would not count.