Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Lamaclown August 18th, 2011 05:41 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Any word from Hrockle?

mac122 August 18th, 2011 06:36 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
While we wait to see if Hrockle is still around, I've got some notes and questions. I'm going through the playtesting cards I made and creating playtesting cards for the ones I've missed.

1. Didn't we do Frankenstein's Monster? I remember discussing it, but don't know if it was ever finished.

2. Need mini suggestions for the following figures to use in making hit zones.
-Samuel Sullivan
-Inigo Montoya - Elf Swashbuckler: Angelfire #18
-Agent Smith - Krav Maga Tommy Lee Jones
-Eric the Cavalier - Merchant Guard: Desert of Desolation #12
-Ash Williams
-Dr. Who

3. Thought about including a Heroes of Fiction logo somewhere on the card. Probably just make a simple "HoF" similar to the CHCG24 logo. If someone has a better idea or design, let me know.

Taeblewalker August 18th, 2011 07:46 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I haven't heard from Hrockle since I sent him a PM 5 days ago, so go ahead with your design.

As for the figures, Eric the Cavalier uses Merchant Guard: Desert of Desolation #12, and Inigo Montoya uses Elf Swashbuckler: Angelfire #18.

mac122 August 18th, 2011 07:53 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1464457)
As for the figures, Eric the Cavalier uses Merchant Guard: Desert of Desolation #12, and Inigo Montoya uses Elf Swashbuckler: Angelfire #18.

Thanks!

For Agent Smith, we had discussed using the Tommy Lee Jones Krav Maga agent, but the figure has a gun and Agent Smith has Range 1. Should I just go ahead and use that figure?

Taeblewalker August 18th, 2011 07:55 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
That would work fine - you can just cut off the gun if you want, since Agent Smith tended to fight hand to hand. ;)

Lamaclown August 18th, 2011 08:38 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I will work on a HoF logo if you guys want me to. I like to do stuff like that.

As far as the next design, so many characters I want to see come to life :ponder:

Let me do some mini searching. I have a couple if ideas but I want to see which one has the most available appropriate miniature.

mac122 August 18th, 2011 09:03 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I'd love to see what you come up with for a logo!

As far as your choice, take all the time you need...did you pick yet? :D

I've got all the cards done except for Samuel Sullivan and Ash Williams. I have a hit zone for Dr. Who that will work - it was a Star Wars mini. I'll look through my other Star Wars Minis and see if I've got something that will work for the last 2.

Lamaclown August 18th, 2011 09:18 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Here is a link to the first post with Frankenstein's Monster

It doesn't look like it was ever finished.

Lamaclown August 18th, 2011 10:12 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Double post- sorry.

I have decided on a character. I was trying to decide between Sydney Bristow from ALIAS and Dr. Dolittle (not the Eddie Murphy one :headshake:).

Needless to say there are plenty of figs to use for Agent Bristow but I saw that our own mac122 already has a card made for her.

Dr. Dolittle is one I wanted to make for my Heroes of Classic Literatture thread but it was very challenging and it is hard to find figs.

Anyhow, because of the challenge, I choose...
Dr. Dolittle

Literature

So far I have this for a mini...
http://pj.b5z.net/i/u/2042237/i/HCUN-062.jpeg
Shade from Heroclix Unleashed. I found 30 of them for $2 or less and that was on only one site.
I am basically looking for something with a top hat.

Doctor Dolittle on Wikipedia

Vision for Dr. Dolittle:
1. I would like to see him as a Kato Katsuro type of unit for beasts, animals, insects, etc.

2. He was an adventurer and traveler. Something to bring this out.

3. He was a veterinarian so a healing ability for beasts, animals, insects, etc. would be very cool

Numbers 1 and 3 are the most important probably to catch the flavor of Dr. Dolittle.

Rav August 18th, 2011 11:01 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Found this for Ash: http://studiominiatures.com/page4.html

And depending on which version of the good Doctor you liked best:
http://www.fantization.com/drhughmccrimmonx1fig.aspx
http://www.fantization.com/juniordoc...lordx1fig.aspx
http://www.fantization.com/malcolmec...i-fix1fig.aspx

Taeblewalker August 18th, 2011 11:21 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Arachnids, Insects, and Beasts would work.

WALK WITH THE ANIMALS
After taking a turn with Dr. Doolittle, you may move up to two Arachnids, Insects or Beasts you control up to 4 spaces each.

TALK WITH THE ANIMALS
Instead of taking a turn with Dr. Dolittle, you may take a turn with any Arachnid, Insect or Beast unit you control.

THE GOOD DOCTOR
If Dr. Doolittle ends his turn adjacent to a Unique Arachnid, Insect or Beast Hero you control, you may remove up to two wound markers from that Hero's army card.


The second power shows that he is giving the animals orders in the sense of order markers.

mac122 August 19th, 2011 12:13 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav (Post 1464542)

Nice finds, Rav.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1464531)

I have decided on a character. I was trying to decide between Sydney Bristow from ALIAS and Dr. Dolittle (not the Eddie Murphy one :headshake:).

Needless to say there are plenty of figs to use for Agent Bristow but I saw that our own mac122 already has a card made for her.

That's an early one! It really needs to be revisited.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown
Dr. Dolittle is one I wanted to make for my Heroes of Classic Literatture thread but it was very challenging and it is hard to find figs.

Anyhow, because of the challenge, I choose...
Dr. Dolittle

Literature

So far I have this for a mini...
http://pj.b5z.net/i/u/2042237/i/HCUN-062.jpeg
Shade from Heroclix Unleashed. I found 30 of them for $2 or less and that was on only one site.
I am basically looking for something with a top hat.

Doctor Dolittle on Wikipedia

Vision for Dr. Dolittle:
1. I would like to see him as a Kato Katsuro type of unit for beasts, animals, insects, etc.

2. He was an adventurer and traveler. Something to bring this out.

3. He was a veterinarian so a healing ability for beasts, animals, insects, etc. would be very cool

Numbers 1 and 3 are the most important probably to catch the flavor of Dr. Dolittle.

Nice choice! I would never have thought of Dr. Doolittle.

I would think his offensive stats would be low but have a higher life or higher defense (or both).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1464548)
Arachnids, Insects, and Beasts would work.

WALK WITH THE ANIMALS
After taking a turn with Dr. Doolittle, you may move up to two Arachnids, Insects or Beasts you control up to 4 spaces each.

TALK WITH THE ANIMALS
Instead of taking a turn with Dr. Dolittle, you may take a turn with any Arachnid, Insect or Beast unit you control.

THE GOOD DOCTOR
If Dr. Doolittle ends his turn adjacent to a Unique Arachnid, Insect or Beast Hero you control, you may remove up to two wound markers from that Hero's army card.

I like what you've got here. Though I'm not sure Beast should be one of the possibilities. Beast would include Ice Troll, Krug, Mimring, and the Swog Rider. Perhaps we should remove Beast and add Vipers and/or Wolves.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.