Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai August 6th, 2010 12:57 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Buffy is a great pick. I'm excited to make this character since I already have the mini. :twisted: Also, there's no dibs on a specific universe. If the next person wants to create Angel, that's perfectly okay. Same thing with Doctor Who. If someone wants to make anyone from that universe, they're more than welcome to.

Ideas:

I like her base stats, but I think I'd reduce her normal attack to 2. She's almost definitely going to have an ability that buffs her attack against adjacent figures, anyway. I think an attack of 2 better represents firing a crossbow.

I'm also not sure she needs a move of 7. If six is good enough for Captain America, I would think it's good enough for Buffy, too. If you're trying to represent her agility, there's a power I use on my customs that might work.

Agility
Once during Buffy's move, you may treat an elevation change of up to 10 spaces as 1 space. Buffy never takes falling damage. (Or something like this.)

I think Buffy is a great candidate for counterstrike. This will really help her against adjacent figures. How often on the show was Buffy attacked first, but she turned it around on the attacker? From what I can remember, it happened all the time.

She definitely needs a power against Vampires and/or non-Humans.
Maybe:

Slayer
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 3 additional attack dice.

Slayer Aura
All enemy figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Buffy that are not Human subrtact 1 from their attack and defense.

Vampire Slayer
When attacking an Undead figure with the Drain Life Special Power, you may roll 2 additional attack dice and may reroll any dice that did not show skulls. You may only reroll dice once per attack. (I forget the official wording.)

I'll post more ideas as they come to me.

Hrockle August 6th, 2010 03:37 PM

I've never watched Buffy, so I will sit this one out. I will however, try to help with wording and points as need be.

mac122 August 6th, 2010 11:51 PM

FYI - I made a card for myself for playtesting Simon Belmont. If anyone else is interested, I posted it in the Heroes of Fiction Playtesting Thread.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=31434

Edit: Also went ahead and made some cards for The Doctor and Agent J for playtesting.

wulfhunter667 August 8th, 2010 12:18 AM

I have an idea for something to put on the Buffy card. It's something I use rather heavily in my SuperScape customs.
Martial Artist
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement, and when rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Yes, yes, I realize this is just a mix up of Disengage and Counterstrike, but I think they work well together and putting them together is the logic thing to do. ;)

dfonse August 8th, 2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1168053)
I have an idea for something to put on the Buffy card. It's something I use rather heavily in my SuperScape customs.
Martial Artist
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement, and when rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Yes, yes, I realize this is just a mix up of Disengage and Counterstrike, but I think they work well together and putting them together is the logic thing to do. ;)

Putting them together does make sense. That way she can counter like people had mentioned earlier but still If Buffy had an ability that made her agile it would make more sense to add disengage to that.

machinekng August 9th, 2010 12:18 AM

I also have never seen Buffy, so I too will have to sit this out. I'll do my best to critique the drafts, however.

Balantai August 9th, 2010 01:33 PM

I think we're ready for your first draft, Wulf. :D

wulfhunter667 August 9th, 2010 11:51 PM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

http://blogonomicon.eponym.com/buffy.jpg

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure #067 -#069, Vampire Hunter.

http://74.50.48.3/uploaded_images/thumb/47193-thumb.jpg

Background:
To be determined later.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

TV, Movies & Comics: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Human
Unique Hero
Slayer
Valiant
Medium 5

Possible Stats
LIFE 5
MOVE 6
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
POINTS ?

SLAYER'S AGILITY
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, one shield will block all damage. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

SLAYER'S STRENGTH
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice. Buffy is not affected by Falling Rules, and she may be considered Large size when determining the effects of enemy figure's Special Powers.

Ok. I think that covers the most of it. I'm not 100% sold on the wording for either of the powers, but you get the idea here.
Also, not sure on points yet. Open to suggestions. My gut says 180, but that could just be gas. :razz:

mac122 August 10th, 2010 12:23 AM

Nice draft!
What about this for Slayer's Agility?
SLAYER'S AGILITY
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, one shield will block all damage. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

For Slayer's Strength, if it was changed to "...she may be considered Large..." that might solve the Axegrinders issue that was brought up earlier.

machinekng August 10th, 2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1169512)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

http://blogonomicon.eponym.com/buffy.jpg

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure #067 -#069, Vampire Hunter.

http://74.50.48.3/uploaded_images/thumb/47193-thumb.jpg

Background:
To be determined later.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

TV, Movies & Comics: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Human
Unique Hero
Slayer
Valiant
Medium 5

Possible Stats
LIFE 5
MOVE 6
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
POINTS ?

SLAYER'S AGILITY
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement, and when rolling defense dice against a normal attack, one shield will block all damage. Additionally, if the attacking figure is adjacent to Buffy, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on that figure.

SLAYER'S STRENGTH
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice. Buffy is not affected by Falling Rules, and she is considered Large size when determining the effects of enemy figure's Special Powers.

Ok. I think that covers the most of it. I'm not 100% sold on the wording for either of the powers, but you get the idea here.
Also, not sure on points yet. Open to suggestions. My gut says 180, but that could just be gas. :razz:

Nice.

I see one problem with slayer strength. It includes eleves, eldarians, and other humaniod races that are nonmonstrous.

It could say, any adjacent figure that follows Utgar. That gets ride of most the problems.

wulfhunter667 August 10th, 2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1169531)
I see one problem with slayer strength. It includes eleves, eldarians, and other humaniod races that are nonmonstrous.

It could say, any adjacent figure that follows Utgar. That gets ride of most the problems.

That's kinda the point. Slayers are equal opportunity killers. Just because other non humanoid races follow other generals doesn't mean that to the Slayer, they aren't monsters. And limiting her to only Utgar means she wouldn't get bonuses vs. Braxas, Jotun, Granite Guardians, and a whole host of others. No thanks.
Also, updated the above version with Mac's wording suggestions.

Lamaclown August 10th, 2010 09:33 AM

I like it!

Question on Slayer's Agility that just occurred to me...

1 shield blocks all damage on normal attacks... excess shields count as unblockbale hits on adjacent figure...

If an adjacent fig rolls 2 skulls with a normal attack and Buffy rolls 3 shield how many will be considered excess?

1 shield blocks everything so the other 2 shields are excess... or 3 shields minus 2 skulls equals 1 excess shield?

Either way works fine I think but it may need some clarification.

Again nice job. I can't wait to playtest her. She looks like she will be a lot of fun.