Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

mac122 July 20th, 2010 12:34 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1150392)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1150337)
Why is the struck-through line necessay? "Immediately" means immediately after they reveal the OM on the Undead figure's card.

I had added it for further clarification, but if you guys don't think it's necessary, I have no issue with removing it.

I agree with SirG. It seems clear enough to me.
Simon looks good. I'll have to proxy some vampires to test him out when we get to that phase.

Lamaclown July 20th, 2010 08:13 AM

The wording seems good. Concise, clear, and simple as possible. I'll be doing some proxying myself, and looking forward to it!

Balantai July 20th, 2010 11:06 AM

Simon Belmont
Castlevania
Video Game
Jandar

Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Valiant
Size: Medium 5

Life: 5
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

WHIP
If an opponent's figure is within 2 spaces of Simon Belmont, and its base is no more than 3 levels above Simon Belmont's height or 3 levels below Simon Belmont's base, Simon Belmont may add 1 to his Range when attacking that figure.

VAMPIRE HUNTER
Undead figures roll 2 fewer defense dice against Simon Belmont to a minimum of 0 defense dice.

SENSE UNDEAD
After your opponent reveals an Order Marker on an Undead figure's card, you may immediately move Simon Belmont up to 3 spaces. If Simon Belmont is engaged prior to moving, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Point: 120

Mini pic: http://www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/631442

machinekng July 20th, 2010 11:36 AM

I like it.

:thumbsup:

Hidicul July 20th, 2010 12:53 PM

:thumbsup: OK we need 2 more people to playtest him. I'll start tonight or tomorrow on mine.

Hrockle July 20th, 2010 01:06 PM

I think he should be 130, but we'll let the playtesting see that.

:up:

Balantai July 20th, 2010 02:49 PM

One more thumbs up will push it to playtesting.

JC McMinis July 20th, 2010 03:26 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Well don't know if mine counts because It was me who started Simon but :thumbsup: anyway.

mac122 July 20th, 2010 03:53 PM

:thumbsup:
Here's mine. Nice work JC and all who commented.

Balantai July 20th, 2010 03:55 PM

Great work, guys. And congratulations to JC to have the first figure pushed through the design phase. I will post my character choice, soon. I will also be creating a Playtesting thread.

EDIT: I created the Playtesting Thread. Once we get Simon through 2 or 3 playtest sheets, we can get him finalized.

Lamaclown July 20th, 2010 04:33 PM

I hate to put a shameless plug in here but...

For checking possible synergies and bonding when playtetsting I have a pdf of all official figs separated by class, personality, and species for easy reference. You can download it here.

It has been helpful for me in the designing process many times before for easily checking what figs will be affected by different abilities.

Balantai July 20th, 2010 04:50 PM

My custom:

The Doctor (10th Doctor)
Television: Doctor Who
Mini: Question from Heroclix. I plan on cutting question off of the base, painting on a face and gluing to a Heroscape base.
Wiki reference and information here.

Possible aspects of the Doctor I'd like to represent on the card:
  • Immortality
  • Sonic Screwdriver
  • Brilliant mentality
  • Ability to run from danger